krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Hi,

I am seeing a problem while creating buttons hotspots using textfield, that has been introduced at version 1.19.

The problem of that is a bug in the internal hotspot sorting (this is new to 1.19 because of the WebGL hotspot rendering support) - the sorting depends on the 'zorder' value and when no zorder was set, the sorting fails in a bad way which causes such effects.

For the next release this is already fixed.

As workaround for the current release - it should work when applying a zorder value to each hotspot.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for this command. It is very nice add on. Could you tell me what is your proposal on proposed usage. I have code which is taking hotspot indexes and do some memory search to apply some actions. It was not possible to make order of the hotspots reading from memory due to the facts they were randomly stored in memory. Now I have applied hotspot sort by name and it works like a charm now.
    Question is: what is best approach to use sort for this use case as I want every scene when loaded to have hotspots sorted in memory by name. Currently I have done it via onnewscene event with delayedcall 1 sec to sort every scene hotspots.
    Do you have another proposal or suggestion?
    One more time, many thanks for this, looking like small add on, but really helpful command.

• Hi,

The problem of that is a bug in the internal hotspot sorting (this is new to 1.19 because of the WebGL hotspot rendering support) - the sorting depends on the 'zorder' value and when no zorder was set, the sorting fails in a bad way which causes such effects.

For the next release this is already fixed.

As workaround for the current release - it should work when applying a zorder value to each hotspot.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus

Thanks very much for your workaround. I can confirm it works. All my textfield hotspots are now appearing on the screen.

A couple of other bits of info in case it helps anything:

- If I use image hotspots instead of textfield hotspots, everything was ok even without manually adding zorders. In the HTML, when using image hotspots, the DIVs all have z-index value "2001".

- My Firefox browser's contextmenu is reporting "webGL", but in Firefox everything is already ok even without manually adding zorder.

- Possible issue / bug noticed while trying your zorders workaround. I don't know if this issue is just related to the issue you have already fixed, or if it applies to the handling of zorders in general.

- I think most people would write zorder values in order as numbers, like this: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24. i.e. single digit numbers written just as they are, and not with leading zeros. The vtourskin does this.

- However, when using zorder values like this, the DIV order of buttons in the HTML is wrong: 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

- Now, if I use zorder values with leading zeros like these: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, the DIV order of buttons is perfectly correct.

- I note the krpano documentation has zorder's type as string, however CSS z-index's type is number.

- It seems like krpano is doing a sort of the zorder values while they are strings, which is causing the DIVs to be create in the wrong order because the numbers are being treated like text, so e.g. 3 is coming after 24.

- Perhaps, instead, you could do a "natural sort" of these string values before creating the DIVs, or perhaps you could convert the zorder values to numbers first, then do a sort, then create the DIVs?

- As mentioned, all my buttons are appearing on the screen, and they are all in the correct place on the screen, it is just that they are in the wrong order in the DIVs. Therefore, this is not causing any actual problems for me, but I thought I should bring it to your attention in case it causes other issues that I'm not aware of, or in case kprano is not acting as you intended it to. I also don't know if it is an issue in Flash, as I can only check the DIVs in HTML5.

- For now, to be safe, I will just either add leading zeros to all my zorder values, or start my zorder values at numbers high enough so they all have 2 digits.

Thanks again.

David

• Hi,

A couple of other bits of info in case it helps anything:

Thanks for your investigation, but as said - that bug is already fixed ('fully fixed' ;-)) for the next release.

The reason for the bug was an invalid return value for the JS sort compare callback function and this leads to an undefined behavior of the browser - therefore the result differs between the browsers.

For the next release this was already implemented fully differently and it will correctly handle the zorder values as integer and also invalid values.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi everybody
    On this (draft) VR tour http://static.zooomez.fr/cl/esp-ocul/index.html, including sound, I get this error message using Chromium (Version 44.0.2383.0)

However it works fine using Chrome.
    So the sound doesn't work in VR...
    If someone has an idea ?
    Best regards

• The Chromium builds don't include proprietary codecs like MP3 or MP4.

For good cross-browser support always include also Ogg-audio files as MP3 alternative and WebM-video files as MP4 alternative.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks Klaus !

Another issue...

This presentation : http://static.zooomez.fr/vr/narb/vvvr works fine on a Samsung Note3, S4 mini, Oculus rift...

But on a Galaxy S6 there is a permanent trembling of the image, as if the gyro would be much too sensitive. And of course it is very unpleasant, whereas it is much smoother with the note3 which is less powerfull.

Any idea ? Maybe some parameters to change in the Samsung or in the code ?

• Hi,

I'd be interested to know if there is an answer to this question as I'd like to implement the same myself.

I have several hotspots and I want each to play a different pano video. I understand having to preload and pause the movie via the touch event on startup, and I can get one to play just fine, but how exaclty do I go about changing the video on the click of another hotspot? Is it possible?

cheers,

Tony

• I searched the forum, but didn't find a hint, so in case this is a kknown issue, please direct me to the solution or an explanation.

Today I realised that the horizontal lines in panos are bending above and below the horizon as soon as VR mode is activated.
    This looks a bit odd and I'm hesitant to consider this a desired feature.
    Why is that and what can I do about it?

• Are you trying cardboard? Try the menu to see if your settings are correct. I didn't notice anything untoward in gearvr.
    If you have a new phone perhaps you need to set a custom phone.

<vrheadsets>
    <headset name="cb1" caption="Cardboard A" overlap="1.10" fov="96.0" dist="1.00" dist2="1|0|0|0" ca="0.000" vig="100" />
    <headset name="cb2" caption="Cardboard B" overlap="1.00" fov="96.0" dist="0.60" dist2="1|0|0|0" ca="0.000" vig="100" />
    <headset name="gvr" caption="GearVR" overlap="1.00" fov="112.0" dist="0.95" dist2="1|0|0|0" ca="0.090" vig="100" />
    <headset name="hom" caption="HOMiDO" overlap="1.00" fov="101.0" dist="1.10" dist2="1|0|0|0" ca="0.075" vig="100" />
    <headset name="one" caption="VR ONE" overlap="1.00" fov="109.9" dist="0.00" dist2="1.139|0.093|0.018|0.207" ca="0.090" vig="35" />
    <headset name="ccr" caption="ColorCross VR" overlap="1.00" fov="70.0" dist="0.65" dist2="1|0|0|0" ca="0.000" vig="100" />
    <headset name="nod" caption="No Distortion" overlap="1.00" fov="96.0" dist="0.00" dist2="1|0|0|0" ca="0.000" vig="100" />
    </vrheadsets>

• It's not a phone issue and not a device settings issue.
    It happens on all devices with different settings.
    When viewed with ORBIX viewer on GearVR or in normal mode it's ok, so it's also not an image issue.

Unfortunately I can't link to the original Krpano examples as I don't have a weblink. But if you start the demo and watch the entrance at the "Kuchlerhaus" (steps) you can see how they bend in different directions when above and below the horizon.
    The larger the distance the stronger the bow.

• Hi,

I'm new to krpano.

On the krpano VR Demo (http://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krpanocloud/we…x.html?v=119pr3), there are "normal 2D Panos" and "Stereoscopic 3D panos".

How to create a Stereoscopic 3D pano ?

I assume you need to take 2 panos. One for the left eye, and one for the right eye. I assume that the second pano must be something like 6 centimeters aways from the first one.

Is it right ?

I've browse the forum but haven't found informations about that. Have I missed something ?

Thanks !

• Anyone ?

Or do you need to use two different cameras, placed next to each other ? And use a special "dual panoramic head" mounted on one tripod ?

And then how do you integrate the two different images in a Krpano Virtual Reality Tour ?

I hope my questions isn't something obvious but I haven't found the answer to that in what I've read.

• Hi,

Sorry Oli, can't really help on the stereoscopic 3D topic *unsure*

I was wondering myself if anyone had success in integrating a Web VR video with krpano in a Cordova/Phonegap-based iOS app ?
    I've had great results on Android using Crosswalk, even with relatively affordable phones.
    On iOS 8.4 however, I cannot seem to run a Web VR video on a 5s iPhone. Panoramic videos are fine, but nothing happens when I click on the "Enter VR" button. Since the UIWebView renderer is known to be slow, I thought I would try to use the new iOS8 WKWebView engine to boost the WebGL performances, but then I ran into "DOM security" errors (related to CORS issues maybe ?).

So if anyone has succeeded in displaying a Web VR video on Cordova iOS, please let me know ! *g*
    Cheers

• Anyone ?

Or do you need to use two different cameras, placed next to each other ? And use a special "dual panoramic head" mounted on one tripod ?

And then how do you integrate the two different images in a Krpano Virtual Reality Tour ?

I hope my questions isn't something obvious but I haven't found the answer to that in what I've read.

If I am not wrong, the player will create the VR stereoscope from a single image, you don't need to 2 camera shots.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!