You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 6th 2015, 9:18pm

Thank you two for your answers.

@Vishwas: It's true, the player create a VR stereoscope from a single image. And that gives you a 2D "flat" VR. On the Krpano VR demo page, there is also 3D panoramas. Those are 3D, you can see the depth of things the same way you do when you watch a 3D movie in cinema. As far as I know, to do that, you need to caputre two pictures. One for the left eye and one for the right eye. A little about stereoscropie here:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9r%C3%A9oscopie

But I haven't found a satisfying method to do it with krpano yet.

I'll pursue my little research.

Cheers !

Vishwas

Beginner

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 7:15am

oh OK! Now I understand, all the best for your research. I will try to check it on my end too and let you know if I find anything.

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 1:18pm

Ok, thank you !

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 2:32pm

Hi,
Or do you need to use two different cameras, placed next to each other ?
There are several possibilities to shoot stereoscopic panoramic images - basically it would be necessary to shoot a lot of small slices for L/R (the smaller the slice, the better the 3d and better any parallax errors will be hidden).

E.g. shift the camera 3cm left from the nodalpoint, make a shoot, shift it 3cm right from the nodalpoint and make another shoot, then rotate the camera 5-10degree and shoot again the L/R images and do this until you have the full 360. For stitching drop all images into PTGUI, optimize them all together (where it would be good have the lens settings predefined and optimize only the image positions), and finally render/blend only all L and all R images separately.

When I have more time I will try to make a more detailed tutorial.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Tuesday, December 8th 2015, 5:18pm

Hi,

Here is a nice tutorial by Wim Koornneef.

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/showthre…light=make+pano

Karel Gillissen showed a even better methode.. with 2 camera's.. also better 3d result.. and possible in dynamic scenes!
No tutorial yet though, as far as i know.

I have tried the first one, quite hard (needs some experience and testing) but works.
Karel was at my place to show his way, which i prefer, but need time and budget to make it work for me.

Hope it helps!
Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 5:58am

The conditions of the three-dimensional layers.
When using a rotator 2 in the rotation due to the time difference stitching errors.
Example :
http://vr360.co.kr/error.jpg
This latter task is difficult due to the stitching errors.

2ea mustrotate in the center of No-Parallax Point at the same time.(This part is a problem.)
user's eyes deceived.
Example : http://vr360.co.kr/ok.gif

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 8:55am

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit beim Einstieg in den VR Modus ein preset zu erzwingen? Zum Beispiel das Cardboard A?

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 3:42pm

Hi,

Quoted

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit beim Einstieg in den VR Modus ein preset zu erzwingen? Zum Beispiel das Cardboard A?
Ja - einfach die entsprechenden Settings setzen - siehe:
http://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#syntax

Schöne Grüße,
Klaus

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 5:18pm

could i disable the rendering of the two eyes in the example?
When i'm using a tablet wich can't be used as cardboard, but want to steer it that way...
I want the example as it is, without the 2 eye splitting.

I searched for the command to split the screen for two eyes but can't find anything :(

Friday, December 11th 2015, 11:31pm

In the example onclick on the webvr layer is catched to enable videoplaying without anymore touchevents on mobiles.
For me this doesnt work, if i only click on the entervr button then the action is never called then. So the videos were not played.

I changed the webvr.xml wich is calling my load_videos() method to do the play/pause hack when clicking "enter vr".

I changed the example up to 3 (c&p) videos and now i have a problem: the browser doesnt want to load and pause 3 videos sequentially.
So is it possible to take the first initial and only one touch on mobiles for "enter vr" for the play/pause hack on one video plugin and change the video url afterwords in the xml? Would the video be played? Or do i need a seperate touch after changing url?

Don't know how to do that...

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 10:08am

Hi Klaus,

in der letzten Version ist mir ein Fehler im videoplayer-plugin aufgefallen - ich bin jedoch nicht sicher, ob dieser erst in dieser Version auftritt oder ob es an Flash oder Firefox liegt. Wenn ich einen Videohotspot mit dem Parameter "visible=false" einbinde und diesen dann erst später via action auf "visible=true" setze, wird das Video manchmal einfach nicht abgespielt. Selbst das Video via onclick-action starten funktioniert in diesem Fall nicht mehr.

Das Problem tritt fast ausschließlich in Firefox (Flash) auf. Flash und Firefox sind aktuell. Videoformat ist h.264/F4V ohne sound. Habs aber auch mit Sound und diversen anderen Settings getestet (CBR,VBR, div. Framerates usw.). Sobald ich auf den Parameter "visible" verzichte und stattdessen das Video via "alpha=0" verberge, läuft es problemlos.

Viele Grüße und einen schönen Advent,
NUPSI

Rahim

Trainee

Monday, December 14th 2015, 11:25am

minimum specs for phones using vr glasses

Hi everyone !

i have a client interested in doing a tour using a vr goggles/ google cardboard
but the budget is a bit limited
so do u guys know what is minimum specs for a phone ( or the cheapest option without loosing much quality )??
appreciate your answers

THnkas
*g*

Red

Trainee

Monday, December 14th 2015, 1:26pm

Hey Rahim,
Requirements for mobile are outlined here
krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

Galaxy S 3 or iPhone 5 work okay but not that great compared to the latest phones with larger displays and more power.
Wouldn't recommend anything but the latest or previous generation high end devices for VR to have an acceptable experience.

Monday, December 14th 2015, 5:46pm

@ Klaus / Tuur: Thank you ! I'm looking forward to see the futures development about this topic !

Vishwas

Beginner

Monday, December 14th 2015, 5:58pm

@Rahim

For good VR experience you would need

1. Good screen, ideally full HD
2. Good gyroscope
3. Good RAM

Which means not a very cheap phone *g*

Among all, I find Xiaomi gives the best value for money for such features. Same features in Samsung would cost at least twice.

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 2:18pm

Hi,
could i disable the rendering of the two eyes in the example?
When i'm using a tablet wich can't be used as cardboard, but want to steer it that way...
I want the example as it is, without the 2 eye splitting.
Either use the gyro plugin for this case,
or first enter the VR mode and then set display.stereo to false.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 5:49pm

Klaus,

Hotspots don't show as visible when NOT using scenes for pr3 without keep. Normally in this situation, it is not necessary to use the keep attribute. They are there in the dom but I believe the opacity is 0.

Previously reported by jerome and verified by myself now.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

jeromebg

Professional

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 5:57pm

Klaus,

Hotspots don't show as visible when NOT using scenes for pr3 without keep. Normally in this situation, it is not necessary to use the keep attribute. They are there in the dom but I believe the opacity is 0.

Previously reported by jerome and verified by myself now.

Hi Sacha, Klaus replied it was a pr3 bug, if not in a scene then hotspots won't be displayed, embed your hotspots in a scene and it'll work.

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 6:11pm

Or just set keep="true" without scenes.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 6:36pm

Not sure if it's related to scenes,, but hotspots with autoalpha don't work as well.