krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Hi,

Is there a way to get the name of the selected headset preset?

The 'headset presets' are not a native feature, they are defined by the webvr.xml.

There is no variable that contains the current headset name, but you could extend the webvr.xml for this case.

I can view my 360pano with oculus DK2 in krpano 1.19-pre3 version, But I don't feel comfortable about the distance of the scene, how can I control it?

When rendering via the WebVR API the browser itself controls the fov ('distance of the screen'). That means that should be the same like in any other native Oculus Rift App...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• When rendering via the WebVR API the browser itself controls the fov ('distance of the screen'). That means that should be the same like in any other native Oculus Rift

How can I change the fov of the scene in VR mode ,I have change the view[fov] in tour.xml,also the element of plugin[webVR] ,but all of this do not work, my scene became much more bigger in DK2 than google box, or nomal mode.

• That's not possible - 'the browser itself controls the fov' - and sorry, it wouldn't make sense too! Otherwise the fov and the further Rift processing (lens distortion and timewarp) wouldn't match...

Compare the fov with native Oculus Rift apps (not with Cardboard!) - it should be the same!

When not comfortable try adjusting the IPD in the 'Oculus Configuration Utility'.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I've been reported same issue by two users with the Moto X (Ghost), have you found a solution ?

• normal on pc,but can not limit view on mobile phone(android)

also normal in 1.18.5 ,only got wrong in 1.19

• Hi, I have a tour created on 1.18 that I would like to try with VR.

So this is what I did:

1) Downloaded 1.19 pre3
    2) Opened KR Pano Tools and on Update tab I dropped my tour folder. It was updated with no error
    3) Copied the webvr_cursor_80x80_17f.png, webvr.xml and webvr.js to my plugins folder.
    4) On begin of my config.xml I added the following lines:

Code
    <!-- webvr.xml - WebVR plugin, enter/exit VR buttons, VR cursor, VR setup --><include url="plugins/webvr.xml" />      <plugin name="WebVR" mobilevr_fake_support="true" /> 
         <include url="skin/vtourskin.xml" />      <!-- set skin settings: bingmaps? gyro? thumbnail controlling? tooltips? -->

5) Then on my skin.xml I added a new button:

Code
    <layer name="skin_btn_vr"     style="skin_base|skin_glow" crop="0|384|64|64"  align="bottom"      x="140"  y="4"   scale="0.5" onclick="showVR();" />

6) And the enterVR() action I created:

Code
    <action name="showVR">		webvr.enterVR(); </action>

But when I open a scene and click the enterVR button it doens't change to VR. Actually it doens't do anything, no error, nothing...

What am I missing? Please tell me if you need to attach any file or upload the tour...

Thanks in advance...

Edited 3 times, last by rbasniak (January 3, 2016 at 6:40 PM).

• In my opinion, your forgot to add

Code
    onloaded="copy(webvr, plugin[WebVR]);"

when you include the plugin. So when you try to use

Code
    webvr.enterVR();

it does not work.

• There's a little bit of image distortion with WebVR (Firefox nightly) and krpano when moving the head. Is this something to be expected or can it be fixed with some settings? It seems to be a different kind of distortion than on a desktop monitor, where the image gets modified more the closer you get to the border of the view. I'm using a Ricoh Theta photo for testing.

• Bug Little Planet and backgroundsound

If I set Little planet to true and use the background sound, the intro view stops on the nadir. So, I set it to false and used the littleplanet intro plugin.

Olivier

• What kind of distortion do you mean?
    Not the lens-pre-distortion, or?!

It's a bit difficult to describe, but the left part of the image seems to be a bit stretched horizontally. Thus when you rotate your head with the Oculus from right to left things in the image appear to become stretched. The effect isn't very strong but it's enough to make the image appear wobbly when moving the head. Here's the code I'm using (with krpano 1.19-pr3):

• What kind of distortion do you mean?
    Not the lens-pre-distortion, or?!

Actually this can be reproduced with the demo, too: http://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krpanocloud/we…x.html?v=119pr3 If you look at the Paris 2D panorama with the Oculus DK2 and focus on vertical lines and then look up/down, you can see the lines don't stay 100% vertical. It's a bit like as if a little fisheye effect is still in place.

• Klaus -- not sure if this is what danieln is experiencing or something entirely different. On my 2nd VR Mode attempt I notice a lot of barrel distortion in the image. It can be pretty well corrected using VR Setup but I suspect the objective is for automatic detection and correction with no user involvement where possible. I see this in both Safari and Chrome in iOS 9.2, iPhone 6s. Here is a screen grab:

• Hi, just bought an iphone6+ to test webvr because one of my clients had loading problems with a tour I did.
    I have indeed a problem on iphone, sometimes some cube face just don't load and I have no errors in the log...
    On android I have never this issue, it can take some time but never fails.
    If someone have a clue it would be nice, can't deliver this tour with this issue on iphone...
    THX !

• Hi,

Actually this can be reproduced with the demo, too: http://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krpa…x.html?v=119pr3 If you look at the Paris 2D panorama with the Oculus DK2 and focus on vertical lines and then look up/down, you can see the lines don't stay 100% vertical. It's a bit like as if a little fisheye effect is still in place.

When using the WebVR API (Oculus Rift) then the browser and Oculus Runtime are doing the lens-distortion - that means the pano should look and distort like in native Oculus Rift apps. krpano doesn't do any additional distortion or so.

The lens distortion of the Oculus Rift itself isn't perfect - it depends on a lot of factors like the exact position of your eyes inside the headset. The only way to have an bit a control of that distortion is via the Oculus Rift configuration tool.

Klaus -- not sure if this is what danieln is experiencing or something entirely different. On my 2nd VR Mode attempt I notice a lot of barrel distortion in the image. It can be pretty well corrected using VR Setup

For mobile devices without native WebVR API krpano does the lens distortion itself - the form and amount of distortion depends on the individual headset and can't be auto-detected - therefore the 'VR Setup' menu with some presets and the possibility to adjust the settings.

because one of my clients had loading problems with a tour I did.
    I have indeed a problem on iphone, sometimes some cube face just don't load and I have no errors in the log...

No error would be strange...

When the server is slow or busy and reports a loading error or times-out krpano still tries the loading again retrycount times before reporting an error in the log, no loading and no error is not normal.

Is that problem related to 1.19 pre-release 3? (because posting here)
    If not, please open a separate thread and post there the link to the example.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• No error would be strange...

When the server is slow or busy and reports a loading error or times-out krpano still tries the loading again retrycount times before reporting an error in the log, no loading and no error is not normal.

Is that problem related to 1.19 pre-release 3? (because posting here)
    If not, please open a separate thread and post there the link to the example.

Thanx answering Klaus.
    It seems a bit better now that I removed all %SWFPATH%, but problem still happens some times (see screenshot)

And here is the link to the tour : http://www.covecreekproductions.com/tours/kenmont/vr.html
    This loading problem only happens on my iphone 6+, never had a problem on my LG G3...

• Hi,

%SWFPATH% or not doesn't matter to loading errors when the path itself is correct.

I have tested your tour now some time (also with an iPhone 6+) and it was basically working, but on one scene I've got an loading error about the preview.jpg and the hotspots/map.png, but on the next try (without browser loading) it was working - and that means the server itself responded with an loading error!

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

%SWFPATH% or not doesn't matter to loading errors when the path itself is correct.

I have tested your tour now some time (also with an iPhone 6+) and it was basically working, but on one scene I've got an loading error about the preview.jpg and the hotspots/map.png, but on the next try (without browser loading) it was working - and that means the server itself responded with an loading error!

Best regards,
    Klaus

Does that mean the server is too slow ?
    I have the same tour hosted on amazonaws and have the same issues : https://kenmontkenwood-files.s3.amazonaws.com/vr/vr.html

I also tried another tour on my server, same issue on iphone, no issue on android.
    here is a screenshot of safari debug resources

and the tour link : http://www.360images.fr/angersvr

why do I have loading problems on iphone and never on android ?

Edited once, last by jeromebg (January 13, 2016 at 2:29 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!