krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Hi I builded a stereo tour for a client that will only be shown on Oculus and Cardboard. There is background noise in every pano and the sound works perfect on desktop systems. But the problem is that I have no sound on Iphone.

I have this code at the start of every pano...

Code
    <scene name="scene_P1" title="Inkomplein" onstart="initMusic(backgroundnoise.ogg);" thumburl="panos/P1.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">

And this code to init the soundinterface

I tried with both ogg and mp3 files without result.

Any suggestions?

Tnx for help.

• Hi all,

I'm a beginner with KR Pano 1.19 and need some help from you, VR experts. I have a Theta S to take 360 videos and photos. I have successfully create the VR tour using the droplets, create hotspots, and test the tour using test server (I see the VR button), but that's it. I really want to take full advantage of the application and appreciate if you can answer the following questions:

1) How can I create a link to the vtour I created and share with everyone so they can open the tour on their phones with the link and view in Cardboards?

2) If I have newer photos at the same location, how can I replace the old photos without recreating a new virtual tour?

3) I have some 360 videos as well. Is it possible to include both 360 videos and 360 photos in the virtual tours and view in Cardboard?

Your answers or link to answers are greatly appreciated.

• olivve: thanks for your answers.

2) If I understand your answer correctly, I need to replace old photos with new photos, and go to tour.xml to edit the name of each photos to match the new ones.

3) Klaus: is all I need to do is copy the syntax (whichever one I choose), to the tour.xml? does it matter where in tour.xml do I put the syntax? Do I need to edit or do anything else? (assuming I need to put the video files somewhere in some folder that host my files)

Thanks for all your answers folks! *thumbsup*

• Hello,

I want to know, why in the new release 1.19 pre3 and with the VTOUR MULTIRES droplet (vtour-multires.config), no mobile prictures where generated. is this obsolet or outdated?

should I add the "mobile image" part in the config again?

thank you

mj

• Hello !

I noticed a twitch start visits to 1.19, the first use of the camera change ( or autorotate view.hlookat ) , but after a few seconds passed , it works normally ... this bug is not in 1.18.5

• I dont know if this question is supposed to be here, but it happened on krpano 1.19 PR3.

I made a Tour using MAKE VTOUR droplet, it looks fine and works fine, but when I open tour_editor.html, it gives me the following message:

ERROR: decoding failed - plugins/vtoureditor.swf

I searched for it but didnt find anyone else reporting the same problem.

What could it be?

• Hi,

I want to know, why in the new release 1.19 pre3 and with the VTOUR MULTIRES droplet (vtour-multires.config), no mobile prictures where generated. is this obsolet or outdated?

Not necessary anymore due multiresolution support - older krpano versions before 1.17 didn't had multiresolution support in html5 and the desktop images were too large for mobile devices, therefore the mobile images. But with multiresolution and newer browser version this is no problem anymore.

On the other side the 'NORMAL' droplets are still generating mobile images for this reason (by using the customimage settings in the .config files).

I noticed a twitch start visits to 1.19, the first use of the camera change ( or autorotate view.hlookat ) , but after a few seconds passed , it works normally ... this bug is not in 1.18.5

Can you please explain that more detailed? - browser and system?
    Links to examples for comparison?

I made a Tour using MAKE VTOUR droplet, it looks fine and works fine, but when I open tour_editor.html, it gives me the following message:

ERROR: decoding failed - plugins/vtoureditor.swf

I searched for it but didnt find anyone else reporting the same problem.
    What could it be?

Regarding to the error message the file is broken.
    Post a link to your example for more information.

How could html5 be used since Virtual Tour Editor Plugin is flash based?

Because the data (xml, images) is the same, only the viewer is different!
    See here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html5/#top

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thank you for this wonderful piece of software. I am using krpano with the Pannini projection, and I am seeing these zigzag distortions close to the "polar" regions:

with Pannini projection:

Normal projection:

One consequence is that you can't use a nadir patch, because it comes out too distorted. Do you know why it's happening and how to get rid of it? I want to keep using the Pannini projection because it looks much more natural at high angles of view.

The tour where you can see this effect is here - Pannini is the default, switch to the Normal projection through the on-screen menu:
    #mce_temp_url#

Thanks,
    Peter

• At start i have some twitch , fiew second and after that, it works good...

-ie & google massive twitch
    -firefox less twitch

no bug on 1.18.5 and blend at start

I have tryed to remove maximum effect, layer , or plugins, same bug.

ps: sorry for my english :)

Edited 4 times, last by MrTie (February 23, 2016 at 8:39 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!