krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Hi,

do you know why it's happening and how to get rid of it?

That's due tessellation and related to the extreme distortion of the pannini projection.
    I will consider adding settings for manually increasing the internal tessellation.

It start i have some twitch , fiew second and after that, it works good...

What exactly do you mean with 'twitch'?
    A rendering performance problem during blending?

The 1.19 uses WebGL and framebuffers for the pano-blending, that needs a bit more GPU resources (but therefore allows 'correct' blending without artifacts and display errors). But so far I haven't seen a system that performance more worse due this.

Btw - with what system and GPU do you test?

For comparison maybe test with 'html5=css3d' - if that performs better, then the low WebGL-performance of the system is the problem.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Yes rendering performance at start, not during blending, if i move camera after the first scene loaded, css 3d not work.

perf test on AMD graphic card a radeon 68xx and a 7850 both intel CPU

Edited once, last by MrTie (February 29, 2016 at 9:34 AM).

• Hi E,
    I am trying to find out if it is possible to play stereoscopic 360video in VR glasses? I also would like to add hotspots and be able to view 5 different videos without taking the glasses off. Krpano 1.19.3 offers 360 video however you can only play single video in it. Am I right?

• Hi

On this tour
    http://static.zooomez.fr/vr/fontfr/

To launch VR I have to click twice :

1st time on the glasses in the toolbar

2nd time on the larger glasses

Why 2 clicks ? Is there any way to enter VR mode with only ONE click (in the toolbar) ?

Hope you can help !

Best regards !

• Hi
    This tour is made by Panotour and I think best place would be to ask this quesion on their forum, but as Panotouor is using Krpano as base so we can try to help.
    As they are using similar but different code structure I see that they are calling javascript to start the VR tour.

Code
    onclick="js(accessWebVr());

Open index_skin.xml and find this line of code and replace it with:

Code
    onclick="webvr.enterVR();"
  • Why url layer where SWFPATH is used contatns also path from to the xml file where layer was defined? Exmample: Link

This is layer defined from included xml file from folder plugins.
    I would expect that url is something like: %SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf not like now: ../plugins/%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf

Klaus: Is this feature or bug? Will this be adapted as it turns out by some customer feedback, on some devices browser is throwing errors by the fact that folder where xml is stored is also part of the elemet url. Can't share my example but used upper link to Krpano example where this is visible.

• Hi,

Why url layer where SWFPATH is used contatns also path from to the xml file where layer was defined? Exmample: Link

This is layer defined from included xml file from folder plugins.
    I would expect that url is something like: %SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf not like now: ../plugins/%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf

Klaus: Is this feature or bug? Will this be adapted as it turns out by some customer feedback, on some devices browser is throwing errors by the fact that folder where xml is stored is also part of the elemet url. Can't share my example but used upper link to Krpano example where this is visible.

That's a feature - see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#url

When a relative path will be used as url value, then the path will be automatically adjusted to be relative to the xml file in which the url attribute was defined.

That means the relative path will be added to the url value during xml parsing.

But any url placeholders will be resolved later during loading - and a placeholder itself can be anything - any value, a relative path or an absolute path. And in the case when the placeholder is an absolute path, the parts before the placeholder will be removed.

But that can't be related to a browser-related-problems, that behavior is always the same.

Best regards,
    Klaus

That means the relative path will be added to the url value during xml parsing.
    But any url placeholders will be resolved later during loading - and a placeholder itself can be anything - any value, a relative path or an absolute path. And in the case when the placeholder is an absolute path, the parts before the placeholder will be removed. But that can't be related to a browser-related-problems, that behavior is always the same.
    Best regards,
    Klaus

Am I wrong when I understand this like this: %SWFPATH% placeholder is than in this case threated as absolute path (to Krpano viewer) and in that case all before (path to his xml file) wil be ignored when creating object in Viewer. Than error can't be related to path at all and I need to explore what is going wrong on this specific device. I was just astonished not knowing that before, so simple trace of url confused me and took in wrong direction thinking that maybe something crutial is changed in latest Krapno versions. Luckily this is not the case *thumbsup*

• Hi,

right! *wink*

And I have thought about that - and with the next releases the loading error messages will show the parsed/resolved urls - then that should be less confusing.

Maybe I will also pre-check for the url attribute placeholders during the xml parsing to avoid adding the relative path to the urls when not necessary - then that should be even more less confusing ;-).

But as said when there is a problem, then that's not related to wrong viewer behavior.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks, at least another small improvement...on the way....

• Please ask your question ONE time on the forum.
    Give it some days or so.. and then maybe 'bumb' it.. but please don't post the same question all over the place..
    There was also somebody else doing this..

The answer could be..
    Throw the panos on the droplet and see in the terminal or how it is called on windows .. there it asks for your cylindrical a question. Answer that.

Try this first and see what happens.
    Then you can go from there.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Please ask your question ONE time on the forum.
    Give it some days or so.. and then maybe 'bumb' it.. but please don't post the same question all over the place..
    There was also somebody else doing this..

The answer could be..
    Throw the panos on the droplet and see in the terminal or how it is called on windows .. there it asks for your cylindrical a question. Answer that.

Try this first and see what happens.
    Then you can go from there.

Tuur *thumbsup*

i am sorry. i am just beginner in this forum. i need to solve this problem urgently. can you help me please.. i need config settings for automatically generate both cylindrical and spherical, without hand write

• Hi Klaus,
    You make great software for us.

I want to ask you about 1.19. we develop software especially for VR with krpano. when will release Final or new pre release version of 1.19?

Thank you so much.

• Hi,
    While the view on high-end smartphones for Gear VR (Samsung S6, S7, Note 4...) is quite good, the performance is not so good.
    You can clearly see thee lag, it hurt eyes and - basicly the tour is unusable.
    Of course, the resolution on these devices is quite high, but maybe there are some recommendations on how to optimize tour or viewer? Or it is undoable in general?

Thanks,
    Tomas

• Hallo,

gibt es eigentlich einen ungefähren Termin, wann die finale Version 1.19 zum Download bereitstehen wird? Weitere Frage: Wir haben 1.18.5 lizensiert. Diese Lizenz gilt auch für 1.19?!?

Viele Grüße aus SB,

Erik Hoffmann

• Hi ,

I am very new in KRpano and using1.19 beta version of KRPano , i want to add some still images into my vtour with parorama images, but when i am adding hotspot by editor it is showing hotspot size extremely bigger which is covering whole screen but it is working , now when i switch to VR mode it shows still image and hotspot very small upto 3-5 pix and whole screen is black.

Please help me to fix this problem.

My code is here :-

<scene name="still_home_1" title="still-Front of Home-4" onstart="" thumburl="panos/RWA1.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">
    <view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="120" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="70" fovmax="140" limitview="auto"/>
    <preview type="FLAT" url="panos/RWA1.tiles/preview.jpg"/>
    <image hfov="0.90" vfov="0.666667" voffset="0.00">
    <cylinder url="panos/RWA1.tiles/pano.jpg"/>
    </image>
    <display details="24" />
    <hotspot name="spot1" style="skin_hotspotstyle" ath="100.519" atv="-2.737" linkedscene="still_home_2" />

</scene>

*confused*

Thanks in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!