krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Thank you very much for the hard work!

You know how the newer cardboard now ditched the magnets and went with the conductive foil button? Is there a way to register the button press and do something in response, like let's say go to next pano?

• Hi Guys

I am using the krpano v1,19 p3.

I realise my hotspots wil always disappear 1second later.

Then I added in this code (red) which was found in the krpano_vr.xml.

<hotspot name="next" style="prevnextbtn" url="buttons/Btn_Next.png" ath="-157.795" atv="50.473" onclick="tween(ty|alpha, 8000|0.0, 2.5, easeInQuint, removehotspot(next)); skin_nextscene_loop(+1);" onloaded="if(vr_start_done === true, removehotspot(start); start_vr(); , tween(alpha,1); );" />

It worked. But can anyone explain what this particular line of code mean? How come the hotspots in each scenes stopped disappearing after i used this code?

Thanks for ur understanding. *smile*

• Hello,

I make virtual visits with Panotour last few months and I diffuse them in virtual reality helmets .
    I show the result to my clients in an oculus rift connected to a PC with a large configuration and then everything is fluid.
    I would have the same result with a gear vr .. Is it possible?
    The
    360 ° panoramas of the gear- vr their application gives me something
    really fluid and really good, but when I look at one of my achievement
    with Panotour on the web with the gear- vr is jerky and it makes sick 30
    seconds . *wacko*
    Do you have the same problem?

Thank,

Dan

• hi there.

I have some problems to use VR with different devices or browser.

I try to use the MobileVR with the attribute mobilevr_support = true.

According to description, all oder many devices should be able to simulate VR also without WebVR API.

to remain objectively, I test now on the official test scenario:

http://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krpanocloud/we…x.html?v=119pr3

I test with different browsers and devices and had to find out, that the compatibility is not as described.

Example: so on a Motorola Moto X™ (2. Generation) with Chrome 49.0.2623.91 it doesnt work, but the same device with firefox 45.0 can change viewer to VR.

Is there a compatiblity list or should someone create a list of devices and browsers to find out an limit these errors!? Are there similar experiences like mine?

thanks

• Hi,
    I successfully updated my tour to 1.19 and VR support. What I don't get working is opening a lightbox (with html-content) in vr-mode.
    Is there any way to do it?
    I use
    something like
    <style name="..".... distorted="true"
    onclick="js(popup('info/fewo.php?id=',get(name)));"
    />
    which works in non-vr-mode.

here's the tour http://kieler-foerde-360.de/Kieler_Foerde/tour.html

maybe, there is some different way to get it working?

• We have updated krpano from 1.18.5 to 1.19 and we have one issue: When loading a new scene ( krpano.call("loadscene(scene" + fileName + ", null, null, null);");), the previous image is now shown for a while before loading the new image and this is really causing some confusion in the navigation. You can check what I exactly say if you go to https://goo.gl/dG9UAq and try to navigate using the hotspots. It used to work fine with 1.18.5. Any ideas?

• We have updated krpano from 1.18.5 to 1.19 and we have one issue: When loading a new scene ( krpano.call("loadscene(scene" + fileName + ", null, null, null);");), the previous image is now shown for a while before loading the new image and this is really causing some confusion in the navigation. You can check what I exactly say if you go to https://goo.gl/dG9UAq and try to navigate using the hotspots. It used to work fine with 1.18.5. Any ideas?

Setup blending options: e.g. loadscene(scene1, null, MERGE, BLEND(1));
    https://krpano.com/docu/actions/#loadscene

• Hi,

with Panotour on the web with the gear- vr is jerky and it makes sick 30
    seconds

Native GearVR applications can use special GearVR hardware features like - the 'low persistence' screen refresh (no screen blurring during moving), time-warp (re-projection of the already rendered screen to match the latest available gyro data) and a higher quality gyro,

but a normal browser doesn't have access to these features - a browser can only do normal WebGL rendering and use the devicemotion events for the gyro tracking.

The only possibility how this could change is when Oculus/Samsung would provide access to these features - e.g. maybe via the 'WebVR API'. Then krpano could be theoretically automatically as good as native applications (like on Desktop where the WebVR is partially already available).

But please note here also that this is all in the beginning, there are no standards or reliable and stable APIs for VR yet anywhere. This will evolve with time.

Is there a compatiblity list or should someone create a list of devices and browsers to find out an limit these errors!? Are there similar experiences like mine?

Yes - see here the 'requirements' for mobile devices:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#mobilevr_notes

What I don't get working is opening a lightbox (with html-content) in vr-mode.

That's impossible for two reasons:
    1. lightbox (=html content) doesn't do/support any stereo rendering
    2. in real WebVR mode (OculusRift/HTC-Vice) only 'WebGL' content can be shown (in krpano currently only the pano and the hotspots are rendered by WebGL).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

Native GearVR applications can use special GearVR hardware features like - the 'low persistence' screen refresh (no screen blurring during moving), time-warp (re-projection of the already rendered screen to match the latest available gyro data) and a higher quality gyro,

but a normal browser doesn't have access to these features - a browser can only do normal WebGL rendering and use the devicemotion events for the gyro tracking.

The only possibility how this could change is when Oculus/Samsung would provide access to these features - e.g. maybe via the 'WebVR API'. Then krpano could be theoretically automatically as good as native applications (like on Desktop where the WebVR is partially already available).

But please note here also that this is all in the beginning, there are no standards or reliable and stable APIs for VR yet anywhere. This will evolve with time.

Merci *smile*

• Hi

In the documentation is written that the parameter "depth" can be controlled "stereoscopic 3D depth of the hotspot". Brilliant idea and we wanted to use it.
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)
    "To provide more possibilities here, krpano supports a new depth setting for hotspots to set the 'stereoscopic 3d depth' of the hotspot (default=1000)."

And here comes the problem.
    Without adding "depth" in tour.xml hotspot in VR mode it seems to be "placed" a few meters away from the observer. The "depth" does not help in setting the "distance" of the hotspot from the observer. "Depth" behaves just like "scale". Does not control the shift of the hotspot for the left and right eye, but changes its scale.
    For us it is a very serious matter. How to set the hotspot to "infinity" in VR mode (no shift pixels)?

Regards
    Pawel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!