krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Example: so on a Motorola Moto X™ (2. Generation) with Chrome 49.0.2623.91 it doesnt work, but the same device with firefox 45.0 can change viewer to VR.

i know the 'requirements' for mobile devices, but what is, if some devices or browser still does not work.

maybe the " vr supporting device test" doesnt work properly or the vr script is not preloaded or something like this !?

• but what is, if some devices or browser still does not work.

First it would be necessary to know what doesn't work - e.g.

• when there is no 'VR button' - in this case either the browser doesn't support WebGL or the browser isn't sending any 'devicemotion' events (=that means there is no gyro support).
    • or just the gyro isn't working - in this case the browser is sending devicemotion events but the gyro/acceleration data is 'invalid' or not sense full - here the device itself might lack working sensors, but there is no way to detect that case.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• First it would be necessary to know what doesn't work - e.g.

thnak you klaus for your answer.

my problem is, that some devices meet all requirements but doesnt work properly in all cases.

so some devices (LG G5 or Sony Xperia Z1 Compact) seems to work in latest android chrome. vr is working and the user can use a google cardboard to watch the vr panoramas. but after some time in standby and a reload suddenly no compatiblity is detected any more. users has to delete cache that everything is working again.

another case is the moto x i already mentioned. here the vr works in latest firefox but not in latest chrome browser.

this error seems somewhat arbitrary and it makes selling or only presenting my vr products very hard.

i try to add the webvr.js in my player html so that this file existing localy for sure. this improved the vr compatiblity in some cases but furthermore there are incompatiblity errors .

may be the vr compatiblity testing could be improved with some optimisations for that cases !?

• Sorry, but you still didn't say WHAT isn't working - the VR support detection or the gyro?
    And if it's the VR support detection - is WebGL available at that time? (check by the info in the contextmenu or the krpano log)
    And is the gyro plugin available? (check if the gyro icon of the vtour skin is there)

• Sorry, but you still didn't say WHAT isn't working - the VR support detection or the gyro?
    And if it's the VR support detection - is WebGL available at that time? (check by the info in the contextmenu or the krpano log)
    And is the gyro plugin available? (check if the gyro icon of the vtour skin is there)

Okay, sorry for my confusing posts. I want the WebVR Plugin running stable on most devices.

Motorola Moto X (Chrome doesnt work, but Firefox)

Chrome
    1. The VR Suport isn't working
    2. The Info in Context is: Android 6.0 (XT1092) - Chrome 49.0 - WebGL
    3. The Gyro Symbol is there and can be activated

Firefox
    1. The VR Suport is working in 95% (may be the 5% is my fault with some testing situations)
    2. The Info in Context is: Android 6.0 (rv:45.0) - Firefox 45.0 - WebGL
    3. The Gyro Symbol is there and can be activated

if you need other information, please write me.

Thx

• The new deeplinking option in the vtourskin is very useful for me, but should have 2 modifications.

1. The lookat part of the URL should use all supported parameters, that means also the Pannini parameter

2. The scene should be specified by name and not by index, because in case of modifications of the Tour the Index would change, but not the name.

Uwe

• Hi,

The new deeplinking option in the vtourskin is very useful for me, but should have 2 modifications.

You can adjust it anytime for your needs - look in the vtourskin.xml at the 'skin_deeplinking_update_url' <action>.

Instead of the scene 'index' use 'name' and the pannini value can be handlet like the other view settings there and added as last setting for the lookat call.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• We have updated krpano from 1.18.5 to 1.19 and we have one issue: When loading a new scene ( krpano.call("loadscene(scene" + fileName + ", null, null, null);");), the previous image is now shown for a while before loading the new image and this is really causing some confusion in the navigation. You can check what I exactly say if you go to https://goo.gl/dG9UAq and try to navigate using the hotspots. It used to work fine with 1.18.5. Any ideas?

Could somebody confirm if it is a bug? Muxi had the same problem and trying to create a very simple XML and running the loadscene method also produces the same effect: The previews view is shown again before loading the new one. This is specially confusing in the case of ZOOMBLEND (old image shown zoomed when it shouldn't)

• I'm not sure what you mean, but maybe re-test that with the next release. A lot of things have already changed since the pre-release-3 - e.g. the whole wmode=transparent support (used in your example) wasn't finished in that pre-release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

I thought 1.19.pre3 and 1.18.5 are the latest releases available up to now. And I also though in general wmode only applies to flash, although it look like it does apply to HTML5 in the case of "transparent".

For anybody trying to find out the "error": changing the wmode to "window" or "direct" does the trick. In transparent or opaque there is still this issue.

• Okay so I have a quick question, On Iphones there seems to be an issue or atleast in our projects with the VR, the view is cross eyed if you get what I mean this only happens on Iphones and doesn't on some of them? I've tried looking around on the forum but I can't find people with the same problem.

Also about the screen flashing the background of the html body, I read somewhere that you were fixing this in the next release? Any chance you could confirm that or is it something we are going to have to try to fix ourselfs?

Best regards, Wilco

Edited 2 times, last by WilcoVDS: Screen jitter on android fixed, seems we were using gyro.js instead of gyro2.js, silly mistake. (March 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM).

• Hello! I use distorted hotspot in VR mode with depth="off" setting.
    At the left screen all is good, but there is misaligning at the right screen.
    I tried to set(display.stereooverlap, 0); but it didn't help.

How to fix it?
    krpano 1.19-pr3

• How would I go about opening a External Link / URL from within VR mode. Right now I have the following:

Code
    <action name="openAd1">	webvr.exitVR();	openurl('http://vermontpeaks.com',_blank);</action>

This works when using non VR mode, my hope was by including the Exit Call it would first close VR mode, then open the URL, but it doesn't seam to work. Any idea?
    Thanks,
    ~Andrew

"maibe just try no to exit VR and just open the url, it should exit anyway, or try first open url and then exit"

I tried that first, unfortunately there is something that prevents the openurl() call to execute when done from within VR mode. On closer inspection, I believe what is happening is that openurl() is causing the popup blocker in Chrome and Safari to trigger. While I know I can white list this, my viewers won't know that. Anyone eles have a problem with openurl() triger popup blocker?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!