krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Hi,

for me your link works in Chrome with HTML5.

But okay, there is a currently not documented change in 1.19 - the embedding script uses the WebGL failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat setting for detecting the WebGL support of the browser.

That means the browser tells this way that its WebGL support on this system would be very slow, e.g. because of a too low-end or outdated GPU or it might need to use 'software rendering' to be able to provide WebGL. In such case the rendering via the Flashplayer would be the faster and better way.

How are the HTML5 panos performing on your system compared the Flashplayer panos?
    In terms of framerate and smoothness?

But if you want you could still force the HTML5 usage by using html5=only or html5=always.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, guys!

I just have run into some small issue with 1.19.pr3 textfield. I was making a "loading" text thing for a pop-up photo and the text was OK in Flash, but in Firefox WebGL it is obviously smaller than in Flash (must be 30 px, but looks like 11px).

Here's the link with bare-bone example of the case:

http://vt.most-inform.com/bugs/text/

Just compare Flash vs WebGL.

Maybe this was already noticed, so sorry then for asking twice *wink*

Edit: I've found the reason - me being stupid))) I just forgot 'px' thing inside css statement. Hehe))

• And one more thing: 1.18 generated xmls encoded with UTF (without BOM), so I could use Russian characters without going into Notepad++ settings and adjusting this manually. Now it seems that 1.19 encodes to ANSI by default. I guess there's some wise reason for this *smile*

Regards,

Alexey

• hotspots missing

i have some red, green and yellow arros to show "not visited" , "just visited" and "already visited" and with upgrade to pr3 they disappeared but they're still there because the tooltip shows

in the chrome inspect window i can see that the graphic is referred by krpano

link to the pano is here
    #mce_temp_url#

thank you all

• Thanks, Klaus, for the new beta.

What if I do NOT want to have the user see the forward/backward linear VR navigation hotspots which appear when the user in WebVR mode looks downward? I want the user's navigation to be solely with the hotspots I added into the tour. How can I disable these forward/backward scene arrows from appearing?

Here's my example (done w/beta v3):

http://howardgoldbaum.com/HMDtour/

Thank you.

• Great work as always with this new prerelease ! :)

Just one thing: I'm having an small issue with the hotspots orientation in my panos (Firefox39.0.3 and IE11) with pr3.
    I've updated the "Immersarium" web experience (http://www.noacco.net/immersarium) to pr3, and when viewing in VR mode, everything is fine. But when I toggle back to "normal mode", some hotspots don't have the correct rotation anymore.

You can see it live when going to http://www.noacco.net/immersarium/discoverymountain, and choosing "Enter the Stellar Way".

The rest works really well: better performance on mobile devices, smoother pov rotations: again great work !

• That's very odd. You could try setting distorted="false"

Maybe has something to do with

"Why still a Pre-Release?
    The WebGL hotspot rendering is still not finished yet."

Yay, I think you're right: I wanted to provide this feedback.
    I've disalbed the "rotate" parameters in the xml at the moment.

• Using PR3 just to keep current.

How to I set the VR Fake Mode to be disabled by default? I don't use VR, too complex for me.

Thanks.

UPDATE...
    I found:
    <plugin name="WebVR" ...

I changed
    mobilevr_fake_support="false"

This works. I was expecting to find "desktop_fake_support", that's why I didn't know where to change the default setting.
    I am assuming this is the correct place to make the change.

Vinz

Edited once, last by VinzVideo (August 10, 2015 at 10:58 PM).

• With 1.19.pr3, however, it uses Flashplayer in Chrome despite the html5:"prefer". Maybe I'm missing something...

For local testing I would always recommend using a localhost server, e.g. like the krpano Testing Server.

Hi all...

I have the same problem of Alexey, but with the new Microsoft brower Edge in Windows 10, as are already documented in another post.
    This time, it was suggested by Klauss, I used the server localhost, but does not change the result.
    a) with 1.18.5 and Microsoft Edge -> HTML5: it works fine
    b) with 1.19pr3 and Microsoft Edge -> HTML5: it alwaye use Flash Player.
    c) with 1.19pr3 and FireFox -> HTML5: it works fine

Where is the problem ... ???
    I thought that with the use of the localhost server may solve the problem, but it does not.
    Someone already use Microsoft Edge with krpano.

Thank, Marco

• Klaus answered that question already. 1.19.pr3 checks if WebGL performance is good enough on your system and decides whether use Flash or WebGL in the particular browser. On my work PC it also uses WebGL in Firefox but flash in Chrome. I guess such performance check is a very nice feature!

Regards,

Alexey

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!