krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

Textfield Plugin - automatically convert any occurrence of '0x' to '#' in the css setting to allow using the same color value syntax as in the krpano xml.

DOH!

This doesn't work when used before with

Code
    css="calc: 'p {font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial;font-size:15px;text-align:left;color:'+theme[get(scene[get(xml.scene)].theme_color)].popup_text_color+';} a{color:'+theme[get(scene[get(xml.scene)].theme_color)].accent_color+'}'"
  • Hi,

And one more thing: 1.18 generated xmls encoded with UTF (without BOM), so I could use Russian characters without going into Notepad++ settings and adjusting this manually. Now it seems that 1.19 encodes to ANSI by default. I guess there's some wise reason for this.

Nothing has changed here, the tool takes the template xml as it is, but I agree it would make sense to either add an UTF8 BOM to the template xml files or to add it manually during the xml generation (I will consider this for the next release).

I'm noticing that when I use autorotate on a tour, that it's still autorotating in VR mode. is there a way to disable that?

The WebVR plugin doesn't automatically disable autorotate yet, that means it would need to be disable manually when entering the VR mode and restored when exit it.

E.g. in the webvr.xml - add to the 'webvr_onentervr' <action> these lines:

Code
    copy(backup_autorotate, autorotate.enabled);
    set(autorotate.enabled, false);

and to the 'webvr_onexitvr' <action> this line:

Code
    copy(autorotate.enabled, backup_autorotate);

DOH!
    This doesn't work when used before with
    css="calc: 'p {font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial;font-size:15px;text-align:left;color:'+theme[get(scene[get(xml.scene)].theme_color)].popup_text_color+';} a{color:'+theme[get(scene[get(xml.scene)].theme_color)].accent_color+'}'"

Depending on the format of the color values (if defined with '0x') this should work now instead of not working now...?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Do you have an example? (in a separate thread)

A problem in your code might be that the 'xml.scene' is not set when the calc will be resolved...

PM sent, It resolves the variable containing the hashtag # for red just fine. But not 0xff0000,.... comes out as 16711680;

• I'm very happy with the way pre-release 3 works with my iPhone 6 w/Google Cardboard.
    But not so much with the Oculus Rift. Using a new Mac Pro with Firefox Nightly w/VR support (mozVR) this VR created w/ krpano pre-release 2 works just fine with the Oculus:
    http://allaroundnevada.com/wp-content/vr/VC/AFM/HMD/

However a tour made with krpano pre-release 3 does not work properly on the Oculus. While it does animate w/head movements, it does not fill the view field. Also, you cannot access the "settings" menu.
    http://howardgoldbaum.com/HMDtour/

Is krpano HMD not going to support the Oculus Rift?

• Hi, Klaus

I apologize if this question has already been asked
    it became impossible to use the reserved name of the data as a text value of the variable passed as a parameter when calling the action - in version krpano 1.19.pr2
    Klaus, tell us: in future releases such an opportunity will come back?

Code
    <lift name="lift_1" max="0" min="4" h0="" h1="" h2="" h3="" h4="" l1="" l2="" l3="" l4="" />
    <lift name="lift_2" max="0" min="4" h0="" h1="" h2="" h3="" h4="" l1="" l2="" l3="" l4="" />

action(act_name, 1, 'right', 'lift');

thank
    Serge

• Hello!

I've been making some experiments with both Oculus Rift DK2 and Cardboard with Note 4.

I have some questions to ask you guys:

- Is there any good solution to mirror the screen from the Rift to a monitor while navigating a webVR Krpano Tour?
    I haven't found any one yet.

- I used, on my Note 4, Chrome, Chromium and Firefox for Android to open stereoscopic tours.
    On Firefox it's just horrible judder, and it fails loading tiles after some navigation through hotspots.
    Also on Chrome or Chromium it's kind of "wavy" while moving my head, is there any kind of adjustment to make it nicer?

Thanks!

• Another question:

What kind of graphics cards could give reasonable quality for using a Rift DK2 with stereoscopic KRPano tours?

Could a GeForce GTX 750 do the job without making the users sick?

I know Oculus recommends a GTX 970 at the minimum, but I won't be playing games at all.

Thanks!

• Hi,

As you introduced the gyro2 plugin with this release, I want to know, if there are any advantages, using it with the webVR plugin.

The gyro2 plugin and the WebVR plugin are internally using the same new gyro tracking code, but with different internal APIs and with different default sensor mode settings (see - https://krpano.com/plugins/gyro2/#sensor_mode and https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#mobilevr_sensor_mode).

Both plugins can't be used the same time, when the WebVR plugin is active, then the view will be calculated by it, any tracking from an eventually at the same time enabled gyro plugin will be overwritten/ignored.

PM sent, It resolves the variable containing the hashtag # for red just fine. But not 0xff0000,.... comes out as 16711680;

The problem in this case is that the 0xff0000 will be evaluated as integer value and not as string. I will still need to check your PM example.

Using a new Mac Pro with Firefox Nightly w/VR support (mozVR) this VR created w/ krpano pre-release 2 works just fine with the Oculus:

However a tour made with krpano pre-release 3 does not work properly on the Oculus. While it does animate w/head movements, it does not fill the view field. Also, you cannot access the "settings" menu.

Please note that the problem is Firefox Nightly, not krpano!
    Firefox has currently a broken WebVR support.

The pre-release-2 itself wasn't working fully correctly, it was wrongly ignoring the rendering resolution returned by the WebVR API, so the output was rendered with the screen resolution, but this was too low - for the additional lens distortion a higher resolution is required.

The pre-release-3 works correctly and uses resolution provided by WebVR API as it should. The problem in your case is probably that Firefox has problems with that resolution/rendering-size. But that's a browser or system bug.

Btw - the 'setting menu' is only for 'MobileVR', not for WebVR - on desktop with the WebVR API all settings and the lens distortion will be handled and done by the WebVR API of the browser.

Is krpano HMD not going to support the Oculus Rift?

*confused*
    There IS support for the Oculus Rift!

Try using the Chromium WebVR build - and if possible - use Windows and the DK2 in 'direct mode' (no extended screen!). The Mac isn't well supported by Oculus and additionally also 'on hold' for the Cusomer version of the Oculus Rift.

With Windows and Direct Mode way you will get native like performance and latency.

Btw - please note that WebVR is an experimental API and when browsers are broken or systems aren't well supported by Oculus, then this is out of my scope of course.

t became impossible to use the reserved name of the data as a text value of the variable passed as a parameter when calling the action - in version krpano 1.19.pr2
    Klaus, tell us: in future releases such an opportunity will come back?

That should still work...

I just noticed with the new "style" feature we lost ability to get the map spot as active="true",
    activeurl not load green image

That's related to the change of the 'style' functionality, it's now handled by the xml parser. As workround the <spotstyle> would need to be defined outside the <plugin> as <style>. In the next release the 'style' attribute of the map spots will be renamed to 'spotstyle'.

- Is there any good solution to mirror the screen from the Rift to a monitor while navigating a webVR Krpano Tour?

Yes, use Windows and the Chromium WebVR build and run the DK2 in Direct-Mode - then you will see the Rift-output mirrored on the screen.

What kind of graphics cards could give reasonable quality for using a Rift DK2 with stereoscopic KRPano tours?

Yes, should be good enough for the DK2, but I can't say anything about the CV1 of course.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Quoted from "augustommm"
    Yes, use Windows and the Chromium WebVR build and run the DK2 in Direct-Mode - then you will see the Rift-output mirrored on the screen.

OK! I'm actually running on extended mode so far, as my graphics card didn't work on Direct Mode (no DirectX 11). Maybe that's why I wasn't seeing the mirrored screen.

Quoted from "augustommm"

Yes, should be good enough for the DK2, but I can't say anything about the CV1 of course.

Thanks Klaus! I think I'll give it a try.

• Hi Klaus
    I'm wondering how to name files when i send them to create a 3d Stereoscopic VTOUR Normal
    I use for each image the following names: image1_right_f.jpg.....r,b,l,t,d for the right 'eye' and also image1_left_f.jpg.....r,b,l,t,d for the left 'eye'
    How can I include these labels on the template to make de VTOUR automatically?

Thanks in advance

Edited once, last by inavarro (August 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM).

• Hi Klaus
    I'm wondering how to name files when i send them to create a 3d Stereoscopic VTOUR Normal
    I use for each image the following names: image1_right_f.jpg.....r,b,l,t,d for the right 'eye' and also image1_left_f.jpg.....r,b,l,t,d for the left 'eye'
    How can I include these labels on the template to make de VTOUR automatically?

Thanks in advance

hi,
    i think you should create a separate thread in the droplets and it would be a more visible question for more people to help
    (i think the sabe for other things here including 1 of my posts :) )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!