krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• On GearVR S6 edition, it is impossible to mount the phone without plugging in the USB connector. Is there some other way to use krpano player on this device?

Eventually I suppose the Oculus monopoly on GearVR i/o will be broken, and browser based apps will be able to use the headset 'natively'. Do you foresee this any time soon?

Best, Tom

• Hi,

Partial wmode=transparent support in WebGL.

can you clarify what you mean re partial?

The viewer background will be already transparent (so the webpage behind the pano could be seen when there is no pano content), but there are still some graphical issues during the pano blending and there is no support for textures (pano or hotspot images) with an alpha-cancel yet.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• You need to find the app that was kabooshed by Samsung called Package Disabler and disable the gear vr service.

I'm experimenting with other methods, but haven't had the time to try my experiments.

Very very annoying.

Package Disabler Pro is now available on Google Play Store. Disabling "Oculus Service" prevents the Oculus app from starting when you plug in the GearVR, so you can use browser based players like krpano to view in GearVR.

A 'webvr' build of Chrome or Firefox should not be required unless you want to experiment with advanced features of pr1.19 (which may include using the GVR control pad and buttons?).

• klaus great tool

but I have the following problem

sometimes shows me the button "Enter VR" and sometimes not.

clean the cache and similar things, but does not work me.

I use a example in version 1.19 pre 3

My device is a Moto X, 2nd generation

android 5.0.1

thanks for the help

• On GearVR, touch support is a wonderful thing -- in part. The horizontal offset part is just right for viewing panos without having to turn one's body around to look behind. In combination with head tracking it provides a very comfortable viewing experience.

But the vertical part is basically useless. It does not persist; and anyhow one can comfortably look all the way up and down just with head motion.

So, please allow to connect the vertical touch control to zoom instead. Together with multiresolution, that would enable a really nice pano viewer in this very nice HMD. A 'return to standard zoom' hotspot would make it perfect.

-- Tom

• Hi all,I am totally at a loss how to view the VR rendered by KRPANO when you enter VR mode in V1.19! DO we need any special head gear to view VR in 3D like google glasses or card board ? Is it only for mobile devices? How do we view in 3d VR on desktops? Will the plugins that we developed work in V.119? I will appreciate an answer to my questions?
    PRAMANJ *confused*

• Experiencing some problems with the vr mode here. I used the vr_auto_click functionality that comes in the download, and it works fine for the first time, but after a loadpano call has happened and a new panorama has been loaded the next time I hover over a hotspot it just disappears. Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong? I'm using the fake vr mode for testing, as I do not currently have a vr headset.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• Hello Klaus,

actually we are trying the Oculus Rift DK2, and the resolution of the tour seems to be lower in direct mode then in the extended mode. Is the Oculus software adjusting the quality when the graphic card isn't so powerful? The PC uses Windows 7 and has a Geforce GTX 750 build in.

• Hi,

Hi all,I am totally at a loss how to view the VR rendered by KRPANO when you enter VR mode in V1.19! DO we need any special head gear to view VR in 3D like google glasses or card board ? Is it only for mobile devices? How do we view in 3d VR on desktops?

Please read here:
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#webvr_notes

Will the plugins that we developed work in V.119?

Normally yes.

it works fine for the first time, but after a loadpano call has happened and a new panorama has been loaded the next time I hover over a hotspot it just disappears. Is this a known bug

Maybe, do you have an example?
    But the stereo/vr hotspot rendering code is in active development, many details there are not finished in the pre-releases yet.

actually we are trying the Oculus Rift DK2, and the resolution of the tour seems to be lower in direct mode then in the extended mode.

Do you use the latest pre-release?
    krpano will use the rendering resolution that will be provided by the WebVR API (via renderRect).

webvr.isavailable should be set to false for cylinders

No - the WebVR plugin itself works independent on the current pano content, isavailable (and the related events) are only telling if VR support is available on the system/device.

Btw - VR would work with sphere and cylinder images too, but the hfov/vfov of that images should be large enough.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Code
    No - the WebVR plugin itself works independent on the current pano content, isavailable (and the related events) are only telling if VR support is available on the system/device.

Btw - VR would work with sphere and cylinder images too, but the hfov/vfov of that images should be large enough.

I'm working with a flat image gigapixel per the droplet.. maybe a fov check then.. There's no way view the flat image on web vr since the image is a tiny distance speck.. fov < 1

I tried changing view.fov but no dice..

• Hello Klaus,

actually we are trying the Oculus Rift DK2, and the resolution of the tour seems to be lower in direct mode then in the extended mode. Is the Oculus software adjusting the quality when the graphic card isn't so powerful? The PC uses Windows 7 and has a Geforce GTX 750 build in.

Extended Mode is no longer supported by Oculus. It has been removed from the latest runtime never to return. So there's not much point in even testing anything in extended mode any more.

That being said, don't upgrade to the latest runtime yet. Chrome WebVR don't support it at all and will need to be rebuilt to the new SDK.

Mozilla has updated FireFox Nightly and it supports direct mode under the new runtime, but performance is so bad you will get sick with the amount of judder there is.

In short, stay as you are for a while.

Regards
    James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!