krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Don't change the lens_fov ! Act on the <view> fov with zoom buttons displayed as distorted hotspots for instance.

I tried changing for example the <view> to fov="30", but when I enter into VR mode it resets the zoom.
    I need it to be fixed at startup and not to be editable by the user.

• Hi,

There is no zoom in 'real reality' and also not in 'virtual reality' ;-).
    Trying to do that is and feels just wrong.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thank you so much for your answer, Klaus!

What I meant was: I don't want to zoom as a result of an user interaction, but just start with a zoomed view of the pano.
    I've got a very large multires pano and I want to start the scene being a lot closer to some details, so I need a zoom and a narrow fov.
    Setting a lower fov in the pano view seems to work only when outside VR.

Namastè.

• I guess if you are in zoom mode then very little movements would change many degrees in the pano, so you would get sick very easily...

Another thing would be that the gyro plugin recognize that if you are in zoom mode then movements are scaled down so you can move your head a lot without moving a lot of degrees, the problem here is that if you turn 360 degrees in real then you would not be in the same place as in the begining...

I'm not sure but I guess somehow making a zoom will useful and nice in some future...

• I guess if you are in zoom mode then very little movements would change many degrees in the pano, so you would get sick very easily...

Another thing would be that the gyro plugin recognize that if you are in zoom mode then movements are scaled down so you can move your head a lot without moving a lot of degrees, the problem here is that if you turn 360 degrees in real then you would not be in the same place as in the begining...

I'm not sure but I guess somehow making a zoom will useful and nice in some future...

Yep, that would be a nice addition! +1 for this feature request. *smile*

I'm back with another problem:

I am using this code

Code
    <action name="goto">
    		mul(newdepth, depth, 2);
    		tween(depth, get(newdepth), 0.25);
    		tween(oy|alpha|rx, -400|0|45, 0.25, default, loadscene(%1, null, NOPREVIEW|MERGE|KEEPMOVING, BLEND(1)) );
    	</action>

to load new scenes when clicked on an hotspot:

Code
    <hotspot name="scene_galerie"
               style="arrowspot"
               ath="-66.1" atv="3.3"
               rotate="70" 
               depth="10000"
               onclick="goto(scene_galerie);" />

And here's the scene to load:

I've got just two questions:

1. When the scene gets loaded, I get a black screen with still the VR ui active, but no error.
    I am not able to understand why this happens. *question*
    This leads me to

2. Which is the best way to load scenes on a hotspot click in order to keep them working both in VR and non-VR?
    In the examples folder (kuchlerhaus) the hotspots work only when VR is active.

*smile*

Namasté.

• Hi,

i'm fooling around with the hotspots in the kuchlerhaus-tour and try to get tooltips on hovering the hotspots.

I added in the tour.xml this code to the hotspot:

<hotspot name="scene_xy" style="arrowspot|tooltip" tooltip="my Tooltip" ath="45" atv="0" rotate="0" depth="10000" onclick="goto(scene_xy);" />

and at the end this:

<style name="tooltip"
    onover="copy(layer[tooltip].html, tooltip);
    set(layer[tooltip].visible, true);
    tween(layer[tooltip].alpha, 1.0, 0.5);
    asyncloop(hovering, copy(layer[tooltip].x,mouse.stagex); copy(layer[tooltip].y,mouse.stagey); );"
    onout="tween(layer[tooltip].alpha, 0.0, 0.25, default, set(layer[tooltip].visible,false), copy(layer[tooltip].x,mouse.stagex); copy(layer[tooltip].y,mouse.stagey); );"
    />

<!-- the 'tooltip' textfield -->
    <layer name="tooltip" keep="true"
    url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf"
    parent="STAGE"
    visible="false" alpha="0"
    enabled="false"
    align="lefttop"
    edge="bottom"
    oy="-2"
    autowidth="true"
    autoheight="true"
    background="false" backgroundcolor="0xFFFFFF" backgroundalpha="1.0"
    border="false" bordercolor="0x000000" borderalpha="1.0"
    borderwidth="1.0" roundedge="0"
    shadow="0.0" shadowrange="4.0" shadowangle="45" shadowcolor="0x000000" shadowalpha="1.0"
    textshadow="1" textshadowrange="6.0" textshadowangle="90" textshadowcolor="0x000000" textshadowalpha="1.0"
    css="text-align:center; color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Arial; font-weight:bold; font-size:14px;"
    html=""
    />

But the Tooltip shows on PC ( Fake-VR ) in the center of the screen, and with the vr-headset ( oculus ) there is no tooltip at all.

What am idoing wrong ? Or is it not possible to get Tooltips with the Headsets on?

• Hello Klaus,

I'm testing a new tour project, the client request the cardboard feature, so I'm decided to try krpano v1.19-pr3 to support it.

Just tested a few Android devices and found issues as follow, (sorry if looks dumb, I'm not an expert) I'm really appreciate any help to do MobileVR mode works in the old Galaxy S3!

Pano tour is using the default skin from v.1.19-pr3

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (GT-I9195)
    - SO android 4.4.2

- krpano 1.19-pr3
    - Chrome 39.0.2171.93
    - Firefox 34.0.1

- Opera 30.0.1856.95530
    Gyro: Perfect!
    MobileVR: Works ok with minimum glitches at top of screen under Chrome and Opera,
    small blinking black points is more noticeable under Firefox browser.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)
    - SO android 4.1.2

- krpano 1.19-pr3
    - Chrome 45.0.2454.94
    - Firefox 34.0.1
    - Opera 30.0.1856.95530
    Gyro: Perfect!
    MobileVR: Wont load at any browser because the cardboard icon is not present in tour menu. Any idea? How to active it?

Samsung Prime Gran Duos (SM-G530-H)
    - SO android 4.4.4

- krpano 1.19-pr3
    - Chrome 45.0.2454.94
    - Firefox 34.0.1

- Opera 30.0.1856.95530

Gyro: Partial, only vertical axis (up & down). Horizontal (left & right) do not work. Gyro working fine with other apps like levelers, but fails with cardboard demo app. looks like a device issue.
    MobileVR: Works fine, but can turn to left and right, just up and down because gyro issue.

Thank you Klaus!

Luciano.

• There are some mobile phone that are blacklisted and can not use webgl, which is necesary for VR mode.
    So you should check if those phones, have webgl activated...

an easy way to check it, is to hold on screen to prompt the context menu and check if you have the little planet option

• Hi, just trying this new version and I have a problem, all my hotspot are not displayed but they are still active, if you pass your mouse over the hand appears...
    What as changed for the hotspots between 1.19.2 and 1.19.3 ???
    Here the demo :
    with 1.18.5 > http://www.360images.fr/angers360/index.html
    with 1.19.3 > http://www.360images.fr/angers360/index193.html

I tried local with hotspot with no style and very basic settings and it's the same thing, nothing appears ??

THX !

• Thank you jordi,

There are some mobile phone that are blacklisted and can not use webgl, which is necesary for VR mode.
    So you should check if those phones, have webgl activated...

I found the Galaxy S3 can use WebGL, btw theCardboard demo app works fine on this device. Already enable WebGL @ Chrome:\\flags\ restart all, do not work. Where I can find a compatible devices lists for krpano? there is a such list?

an easy way to check it, is to hold on screen to prompt the context menu and check if you have the little planet option

The Little Planet, Fisheye, Paninni and Stereographic view options and others are missing. Just the Normal and Architectonic views are available.

• Hi, is it a known bug yet, that in 1.19 pr3 when I try to change the url of a hotspot during vr mode (just change from a given png to another one) the change is not reflected as long as the user stays in vr mode?

Is there perhaps a temporary workaround to make this work properly? Thanks!

• webseta, as a picture url change is linked to a WebGL rendering phase into the WebVR mode the functionnality will be implemented later probably with other spots features when rendered with WebGL.

• Hello,
    Since the language of my country is not the English-speaking world and I'm sorry in clumsy English

Panoramic Video does not start playing in cardboard function of v.1.19-PR3 in android
    *cry*

Edited once, last by artcraft (September 25, 2015 at 2:51 AM).

• Hi,

i've installed the latest Oculus Runtime Version 0.7 - and got an error when trying to open the 1.19p 1-3 demo that says:

Firefox.exe has been linked with an older, unsupported version of the Oculus Runtime and is no longer supported.

Is it an Oculus, Firefox or a WebVR issue ..does anybody know ? And most of all i've never linked Firefox with an Oculus Runtime ?

UPDATE:

Solution - WEB VR Addon Firefox needed an update

Edited once, last by suppenhuhn (September 25, 2015 at 1:31 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!