krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 3

• Hi VVZen,

Thanks, but it didn't work, even under Fake VR, it doesn't work properly.
    It opens the side-by-side view, but does not respond to mouse movements and there's both an Enter VR and a Exit VR button conflicting.

• Hello Guys!

Is there any way to sync a panorama's North orientation to my smartphone compass?
    So the user can see, on an giving location, an image of the same place, on some other time, but with the corresponding orientation?
    When the user takes it off from his face, the same permanent elements will be there.

Thanks!

• VVZen

My krpano_vr.xml start this way:

I've read that thread, and looks like there's no way to Enter VR automaticaly without any user interation. *mellow*

augustommm

Without proper source code, it's hard to say the reason of this conflicting behaviour. *smile*
    Where did you put the webvr.toggleVR() ?
    By the way, have a look at this useful thread, too: [WebVR] How to 'autostart' WebVR with click event *SOLVED*

Namastè.

• Hi,

Is there any way to sync a panorama's North orientation to my smartphone compass?

No, that's not possible cross-browser (only iOS has an API for getting the compass direction).

I've read that thread, and looks like there's no way to Enter VR automaticaly without any user interation.

Yes, because it is necessary to switch to the fullscreen mode to use the WebVR API and due browser-security this is only possible as reaction to an user interaction like a click or touch.

If you don't care about Desktop or WebVR API support and want to use only the MobileVR support in special already-fullscreen Android apps, you could also directly call the enterVR() action.

The best way doing this would when the the plugin is loaded and ready (no arbitrary delayed) - the onavailable event can and should be used for this.

E.g. look into the vtourskin.xml for this part:

Code
    <!-- overwrite some settings from the webvr.xml for the skin integration -->
    <plugin name="WebVR" keep="true" devices="html5"
        	multireslock.desktop="true"
        	multireslock.mobile.or.tablet="false"
        	mobilevr_fake_support="true"
        	onavailable="removelayer(webvr_enterbutton); skin_arrange_buttons(); webvr_onavailable();"
        	onentervr="skin_showloading(false); webvr_onentervr(); webvr_setup();"
        	onexitvr="webvr_onexitvr(); webvr_setup();"
        	/>

and extend this line:

Code
    onavailable="removelayer(webvr_enterbutton); skin_arrange_buttons(); webvr_onavailable();"

to this:

Code
    onavailable="removelayer(webvr_enterbutton); skin_arrange_buttons(); webvr_onavailable(); enterVR();"

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus!
    Thanks for answering!

No, that's not possible cross-browser (only iOS has an API for getting the compass direction).

Unfortunatelly I'm using a Galaxy Note 4.
    It would be some kind of augmented reality, for the client to visit an empty event venue and, while wearing the VR googles, see the same venue decorated.
    The compass sync would be a plus.

UPDATE:

I was checking for some more info on device orientation on Android and found some examples of HTML5 compass, using window.DeviceOrientationEvent:

https://mobiforge.com/design-develop…entation-events
    http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/device/orientation/

If you don't care about Desktop or WebVR API support and want to use only the MobileVR support in special already-fullscreen Android apps, you could also directly call the enterVR() action.

Actually this automatic enterVR option would be for an kiosk, using a desktop and Oculus Rift. In order to require no mouse input, just turn the system on and everything starts to run.

But thanks so much anyway!
    I'll probably use the MobileVR auto enterVR workaround you explained.

Cheers!

Edited once, last by augustommm (October 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM).

• I guess if you are in zoom mode then very little movements would change many degrees in the pano, so you would get sick very easily...

Another thing would be that the gyro plugin recognize that if you are in zoom mode then movements are scaled down so you can move your head a lot without moving a lot of degrees, the problem here is that if you turn 360 degrees in real then you would not be in the same place as in the begining...

I'm not sure but I guess somehow making a zoom will useful and nice in some future...

I have the same expectations, this should work , and give a true experiential and qualitative benefits to the photograph 360 and its derivatives

• I have a tour which uses the multi-res feature (with 1.19) it runs fine on the latest generation of iPhones and I've tested with 5s and 6s.

However it crashes safari/chrome on 4s running ios 7.1 I tested with another tour using 1.19 and simple cube face images and it runs fine, so problem is definitely with multi-res.

I know this is not a krpano 'bug' but a performance/memory issue with an older handset.

So my question is...

I can recode the tour to not use multi-res for mobile (see Krpano iPhone Crashes) but is there a way of limiting how much memory get used in order to prevent the problem occurring?

thanks

Tim

• Hi,

I have a problem understanding/working with hotspot parenting

In webvr mode, I have three hotspots. one is parent, two others are childs (parent="hotspot[hsname]")

I dynamically move parent hotspot on events[webvr_events].onviewchange
    But whatever I test, wiith ox or ath on childs, they are always absolute, they never follow the parent hotspot position.

Code
    <hotspot name="hsname" distorted="true" vr="true"/>
    <hotspot name="hs1" parent="hotspot[hsname]" distorted="true" vr="true" align="center" atv="20"/>

Here, hs1 should show 20° beside hsname. But doesn't work at all. Same with ox.

I use this a lot with layers in desktop UI without problems. Is is something possible with hotspots in webvr ?

• Not sure if this is a bug or feature.

in the <action name="startup"> section of my tour I had the following:

if(get-a-quote === null, set(get-a-quote,y));
    if(get-a-quote == 'y', set(plugin[book-now-button].visible,true));
    if(get-a-quote == 'n', set(plugin[book-now-button].visible,false));

This works fine in 1.17.4

But does not work in 1.19 pre release 3, the variable get-a-quote does not seem to be read, however I then changed to:

if(getaquote === null, set(getaquote,y));
    if(getaquote == 'y', set(plugin[book-now-button].visible,true));
    if(getaquote == 'n', set(plugin[book-now-button].visible,false));

and it now works fine, so my question is can '-' be used in variable names?

Tim

did some more testing...

<action name="startup">

if(scenetoload === null, set(scenetoload,pano23));

loadscene(get(scenetoload),blend(4));

</action>

works fine

<action name="startup">

if(scene-to-load === null, set(scene-to-load,pano23));

loadscene(get(scene-to-load),blend(4));

</action>

Does not work

Edited once, last by trek (October 27, 2015 at 11:18 AM).

• I have the same expectations, this should work , and give a true experiential and qualitative benefits to the photograph 360 and its derivatives

Having this zoom-mode in VR would be awesome for user experience !!!
    Yes, get max-fov, min-fov, and interpolate between these slowly. Maybe not lineary so moving to min and max is slower.
    I dunno if doable, Klaus ? If you need some betatest let me know ! Would rocks in cardboards on mobile phones !!

• Klaus, warum machst du eigentlich keine Autorotation Option z.B. bei der vtour dazu? Es könnte ja standard auf false stehen und bei true rotiert es und kann per Button gestoppt bzw. gestartet werden.

• Hi,

I can recode the tour to not use multi-res for mobile (see Krpano iPhone Crashes) but is there a way of limiting how much memory get used in order to prevent the problem occurring?

When you already provide smaller non-multires images (just for iPhones by using the devices attribute), the simplest way to reduce memory usage would be to make them already as small as possible - then krpano doesn't need to downscale them to reduce the memory usage (via the hardwarelimit setting).

But personally I wouldn't recommend optimizing just for the iPhone 4S, that one is especially instable for some reasons, there are also many other iPhone versions without problems.

so my question is can '-' be used in variable names? </action>

No - there is a new expression parsing since pre-release 2 - see here:
    krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 2

The '-' character will be parsed as mathematical 'minus' operation.

Having this zoom-mode in VR would be awesome for user experience !!!
    Yes, get max-fov, min-fov, and interpolate between these slowly. Maybe not lineary so moving to min and max is slower.
    I dunno if doable, Klaus ? If you need some betatest let me know ! Would rocks in cardboards on mobile phones !!

Such would only work for Cardboard, in ever better headsets that would make dizzy.

For such you might not need just the WebVR plugin - just set use the gyro2.js plugin and set <display stereo="true" /> - then you have stereo rendering and still have the full control of view.

Klaus, warum machst du eigentlich keine Autorotation Option z.B. bei der vtour dazu? Es könnte ja standard auf false stehen und bei true rotiert es und kann per Button gestoppt bzw. gestartet werden.

Persönlich finde die Autorotation furchtbar störend, aber eine entsprechende Option für das default VTOUR Skin ist aber geplant (mit default auf false natürlich ;-)).

Meine aktuelle Idee dafür wäre folgendes - (wenn aktiviert) dann ist die Autorotation aktiv bis der Benutzer selbst eingreift (per Klick oder Touch) und ab dann bleibt sie deaktiviert.

Der grundsätzliche XML Code dazu wäre ziemlich einfach und könnte auch so jederzeit hinzugefügt werden - z.B.

Code
    <autorotate enabled="true" />
    <events name="skin_autorotate_events" keep="true" onmousedown="set(autorotate.enabled,false);" />

Schöne Grüße,
    Klaus

• Hello I have an issue with my krpano with panoramic video. When I am connected on wifi and I launch my krpano all video works very well, but when I put my phone on my mobil provider network my kpano launch but only video didn't work.
    I try with your online krpano demo and is it the same, video works on wifi , not on mobil network.
    I don't find nothing about this issue.
    I try on different mobil and mobil provider the same result.
    My phone is a samsung edge, and the url of my krpano is http://www.360vr.mobi
    Thank you for the help.

Edited once, last by vrvprod (November 10, 2015 at 5:35 PM).

• Martijn,

yes i find the same problem. It is since El Capitain osx update.
    I need to first select other program (mail or so) and then force quit safari . And the xml is not saved.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Just been testing firefox in vr mode on samsung s6. When 'looking around' with both gearvr and cardboard the image is very 'jittery' and not really usable. Works fine with chrome and the samsung internet browser.

Is this just a 'feature' of firefox, or are there any settings that can be changed to improve the image refresh?

We want to install some tours locally on the phone, hence the reason for using firefox as its the only browser (I think) which will run files locally.

Tim

• Ich kann deiner Idee so nicht zustimmen. Ich dachte eher daran das du ein Button dafür einbaust. Damit man die Rotation stoppen und auch wieder starten kann.

Über den Sinn einer Autorotation müssen wir nicht diskutieren ;)

Edited 4 times, last by vollmtbi (November 1, 2015 at 2:46 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!