Stereo panorama from vray

• *smile* Hi guys.

I am new here and have no experiance in programing only some basic html. I work at a design and visualisation studio and we just starded with vray 3.2.

I am experementing with stereo panoramas and am kean to learn how to create an virual tour using krpano. Downloaded the demo 1.19 3rd pre rleases but dont know how to start and create an basic stereo panorama tour.. I am hoping that someone could help me out on this form.

Kind regards.

Dirk :)

• Thanks for your reaction

I have a vray output
    - sperical output
    - one for the left and one for the right eye in the same picture

like this pic i found on the web:

When
    I insert this in the vtour I get:

1. a warning this is not a panorama 360x180
    2. type of panorama image. i sellect 2 for spherical

but the output is a strange wrong cylindrical output :(

When I split the picture in 2 jpg`s and insert just one of the to it works fine. and i can select VR button in the final output. But i don’t understand this because I just gave the krpano program one of the 2 images needed.??? I think it fakes a vr effect then, but i want to use both parts of the picture for the left and right eye

when I insert both images the software thinks that they are separate panorama`s as far as i can tell...

*smile* I just want to make sure I am able to create a panorama that usage both the left and right part of my render (left and right eye) to create an optimal vr experience *smile*

hope you can help me out. thanks so far :D

• Thanks
    guys.. but that is where I lack experience.. I am not used to work with mxl. files ed.

But I understand that I need to make 2 pano`s sepertly. do I use the "make vtour "to do this.? Sorry for the maybe stupid questions (A) :P but I will
    try to learn fast. But then.... I read the krpano 1.19 prerelease 1 but it’s bnot working for me yet (A). how do I merge the 2 panos

Edited once, last by 112 (August 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM).

• Hi,

here step by step:

1. download the latest 1.19 release here (currently 1.19 pre-release 3)
    2. make a left and right pano image - e.g. pano_l.jpg and pano_r.jpg
    3. drop them both together on the MAKE VTOUR droplet (NORMAL or MULTIRES)
    4. open the tour.xml for editing in any text-editor
    5. delete the whole second <scene> element from the xml
    6. in the first <scene> element edit the <image> element this way:
    7. add stereo="true" and stereolabels="l|r" - e.g.

Code
      <image ... stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r">
    8. then look for the urls and change all 'pano_l.tiles' to 'pano_%t.tiles' - the %t is the placeholder for the stereolabel values.
    9. done, view the tour and switch to VR mode to see the stereo pano

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus
    thanks so much.

This works out great.

step two for me is to try to create a pano vr tour with hotspots to the next
    panorama`s.

step three is deciding witch software package I can by..

step four create an custom interface

for step 2 can I follow the same staps as you explained already or do I need to
    do some additional steps. Off course i need to put in the hotspots manually
    with the tour_editor.html. But will this automatically generate the hotspots both
    for left and right eye?

• Hi guys.

Just finised my firt stereo pano: http://fastgoedzaak.nl/vtour/tour.html.. Hope you like it and maybe could share some tips on how to create a custom interface like this for example: http://www.dolsfotografie.nl/3D/industrie.html. For tours using stereo vr pictures.

I bought the kolor full softhware with the krpano licence

Btw, a special thanks to klaus for the great steps to create the pano. Hope you can helpout with creating a custom interface.

Hope to hear from you all.

• Hello!

Excellent work on the stereo panorama... inspirational stuff. I am looking to do something like this with spherical panoramas out of vray, but cannot find a way to get it into VR (split screen) mode. My current method is dragging the panoramas into a MAKEVTOUR Droplet and adding hotspots etc, but cannot get any futher!

Could you please spare the time to share the steps that you took to get the above pano? How do I add the VR plugin? I'm pretty terrible at understanding xml files and I seem to be getting nowhere! *cry*

Thanks in advance!

• Hi

I have gone through your stereo pano: http://fastgoedzaak.nl/vtour/tour.html. Sorry, this note may be very basic, but I am a bit confused. When you say stereo, does it mean Anaglyph images? Since you mentioned vray 3.2, I assumed this to be with Red and Cyan renders. And to be viewed with the 3D glasses. Secondly, I do not see the side-by-side images for a VR Pano either. So, I am not clear as to what to expect.

The reason I am asking this is that I have also rendered the images from vray 3.2 using vray helper but am unable to convert these as Panos to be viewed on a Laptop/TV with 3D Glasses.

I am able to create the 3D effect within After Effects using blend mode (difference) with these two images, but am not able to get this into krpano to see the same effect as on AE screeen or on a stereoscopic player.

I have been working on krpano with 3D renders for the past few months including VR (all with 3DS Max+Vray) and am looking at moving to SS (anaglyph). Any tips would help.

GP

• Hello!

Excellent work on the stereo panorama... inspirational stuff. I am looking to do something like this with spherical panoramas out of vray, but cannot find a way to get it into VR (split screen) mode. My current method is dragging the panoramas into a MAKEVTOUR Droplet and adding hotspots etc, but cannot get any futher!

Could you please spare the time to share the steps that you took to get the above pano? How do I add the VR plugin? I'm pretty terrible at understanding xml files and I seem to be getting nowhere!*cry*

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

I used the steps form klaus. I am sure you will make it work. becoulse I also dont have any experiance with xml±

5. delete the whole second <scene> element from the xml
    6. in the first <scene> element edit the <image> element this way:

Source code

1 <image ... stereo="true" stereolabels="l|r">

8. then look for the urls and change all 'pano_l.tiles' to 'pano_%t.tiles' - the %t is the placeholder for the stereolabel values.

Just try to follow the steps klaus gave us :) it should work out.

• Wow I've been trying to get this to work and having no luck.

First off, there is absolutely no where in the XML code in which there is this:

pano_l.tiles

That simply doesn't exist, so trying to change it to this:

pano_%t.tiles

Isn't working and is pointless in my case.

The examples I've seen of this tool in action for Google Cardboard or whatever are really fantastic, but the lack of any sort of basic and easy to follow instructions for non-programmers is not! Any help is appreciated! Tnx

Edited once, last by landrvr1 (September 26, 2015 at 6:08 PM).

• Hi,

that's a warning from the Flash version trying to run it locally without adjusted Flashplayer security setting.

When you're getting that, you're not viewing the HTML5 version (which only have VR support).

Are you probably testing with file:// urls?
    If yes, use a localhost server (e.g. like the krpano Testing Server).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus, thanks. Couldn't get the testing server to work so just using my ftp site. Working great. I think it's an issue with the .exe file being blocked by our IT security - need to speak with them to give permission for that .exe to run...

• Hi There,

I used the steps form klaus. I am sure you will make it work. becoulse I also dont have any experiance with xml±

5. delete the whole second element from the xml
    6. in the first element edit the

Source code

Just try to follow the steps klaus gave us :) it should work out.

Hi,

here step by step:

5. delete the whole second element from the xml
    6. in the first element edit the

Code

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi guys,

This didn't work for me though. It's still mono http://solstudier.tengbom.se/project/GTGtest/tour.html

Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. It works now.

Edited once, last by JOGR (November 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!