Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: krpano.com Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 18. September 2015, 21:59

krpano iOS 9 support updates (video and sound autoplay)

Hi,

the public iOS 9 version was released a few days ago and Apple wouldn't be Apple when there wouldn't be some compatibility breaks *wacko* ;-):

In iOS 9 it's no longer possible to start playing a video or sound in a touchstart event.

That event will be sent by the browser when the finger first touches the screen. In krpano this relates to layer/plugin/hotspot ondown events or the global onmousedown event.

Additionally the videoplayer and soundinterface plugins are using the touchstart event to start 'autoplay' videos or sounds. That are videos/sounds that should be played without user interaction (e.g. automatically on startup) - in this case these plugins are automatically waiting for the first touch anywhere on the screen to start playing these medias.

Luckily it's still possible to start videos and sounds via the touchend event in iOS 9 - this is the event that will be send when the finger will be removed from the screen. In krpano the touchend event relates to the onup, onmouseup and onclick events.

In most and typical xml codes and examples the onclick event will be already used to play, pause or stop videos and sounds, there this iOS 9 change isn't relevant, but the change is a problem for for the 'autoplaying' videos and sounds.

Therefore here a quick update of the videoplayer and soundinterface plugins. With that update these plugins will now automatically use the touchend event instead of the touchstart event on iOS 9 for starting pending 'autoplay' elements. For updating just replace the videoplayer.js and soundinterface.js files.

The download includes the plugins for krpano version 1.18.x and version 1.19.x:
krpano-ios9-support-update.zip

The updates will be included also in the next krpano releases.

Best regards,
Klaus

Tuur

Erleuchteter

Beruf: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 19. September 2015, 00:22

Thanks for quick anticipation Klaus!

Tuur *thumbsup*
http://www.virtualtuur.com

Dienstag, 22. September 2015, 09:10

Sorry Klaus, but even with your good explanation it´s still a little unclear to me. Maybe it´s to early in the morning *sleeping*

If I understand you correctly, videos being started with the onclick-event are still fully functional even in iOS9?! And if we update to the actual videoplayer-plugin those videos are still being functional on devices NOT using iOS9? So it´s really only a problem if the touchstart-event is used?!

Thanks for the clarification and the (iOS9)bugfixes *thumbup*
NUPSI

Beruf: Virtual Tours - Photography - Krpano developer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 22. September 2015, 16:53

Nupsi, before you could start the sound/video when you touch the finger to the screen, now it starts when you touch and lift the finger off... "touchend". Klaus found a loophole remaining.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2015, 20:44

Thank you Klaus! Very helpful as always!

Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2015, 20:52

No audio after dropping files in

I dropped the 1.18 files into a registered version and there is no audio. Thoughts? (ios 9 on iPhone 6S)

Freitag, 16. Oktober 2015, 08:52

I dropped the 1.18 files into a registered version and there is no audio. Thoughts? (ios 9 on iPhone 6S)
Link to your example?

Samstag, 9. Januar 2016, 03:19

take a look at this as example

Link to your example?
http://360videos.gr/wp1/wordpress1/examples/videointerface/

Samstag, 9. Januar 2016, 10:03

Hi,

the iPhone pano-video-audio-workaround was added in 1.19 - that means use the 1.19 pre-release version.

Best regards,
Klaus

benji33

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Senior Software engineer

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 11. Januar 2016, 13:07

On iPhone6 iOS9.2 + krpano 1.19.pre3 if there is an audio file into videourl and I use playvideo() action to load videourl on scene start the video doesn't play but the sound yes. Need a touch to start video.
Without sound url, the video is playing directly.

Freitag, 15. Januar 2016, 10:36

Hi beji33,
I had problem same you. I'm using v1.18. I want to play video with sound on iOS browser. Did you solve it? Can you show me your way? Thank you very much

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2016, 04:54

On iPhone6 iOS9.2 + krpano 1.19.pre3 if there is an audio file into videourl and I use playvideo() action to load videourl on scene start the video doesn't play but the sound yes. Need a touch to start video.
Without sound url, the video is playing directly.

I had same problem !! *confused*

Dienstag, 19. Januar 2016, 20:51

Hi,

in the next release all about panoramic video support for iPhone (including audio) will be improved.

Best regards,
Klaus

Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2016, 16:30

Do you have any estimation for 1.19pr4 release date ?
I know you are working hard getting all these ready ;-)