You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 21st 2015, 10:41am

Memory problem converting large number of panos via commandline

Hi,

I want to convert some 10.000 panos to multires. Since there are too many for the droplet, I am using a commandline:

krpanotools64.exe makepano -config=\templates\multires.config "c:\inputpanos\*.jpg"

But with converting, memory used increases by around 15MB every minute, so after a while memory is full and it fails. How to get around this, for instance by releasing memory?

Cheers!

Tuesday, September 22nd 2015, 4:58pm

Just powershell or batch script it.. or whatever scripting your OS supports.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Friday, September 25th 2015, 4:32pm

Just powershell or batch script it.. or whatever scripting your OS supports.
Hi Sacha,
thanks for responding. It is running via Batch, but the simple way, only using mentioned command line. On Windows7, 64bit, 8GB mem.

Is there a way to release memory in between?

Friday, September 25th 2015, 5:22pm

What I mean is script it to run one image at a time..

krpanotools64.exe makepano -config=\templates\multires.config "c:\inputpanos\1.jpg"

krpanotools64.exe makepano -config=\templates\multires.config "c:\inputpanos\2.jpg"
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Monday, September 28th 2015, 9:43am

Hi Sacha, thanks once again.
(sorry for late replay, forgot to add this thread to my favorites)

Right, I will try that, I have the whole list, so it's easy to create one line per file. But would it be possible to use a for loop with a searchvariable for the filename? I will try to find it myself as well, it's been a while scripting in MSDOS..

Cheers!

Monday, September 28th 2015, 11:36am

Haven't written the for-loop yet, but at least your recommended approach is working! Thanks!

Monday, September 28th 2015, 11:52am

Mmmm, for loop was easy of course, now will test if it works ok with memory, which should be ok...

thanks again!

Wednesday, September 30th 2015, 11:10am

Hi,

normally there should be no memory leak there, but I will check this again...

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, September 30th 2015, 11:38am

thanks!

I agree. Then again, the for-loop was easy to setup as well:

Source code

FOR %%A IN ("c:\inputfiles\*.jpg") DO krpanotools64.exe makepano -config=\templates\multires.config "%%A"