You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 23rd 2015, 9:35pm

Sphere to screen at a particular FOV

I am trying to zoom in to a location using lookto(toH,toV,fov*,motiontype*,shortestway*,nonblocking*,donecall*)
By default, this always zooms in to bring the point of interest to the center of the screen.
I would like to bring the hotspot to 1/4th from the top of the screen rather than the center.
Has anyone done this before?

if I try to use screentosphere() to get the spherical co-ordinate of the point, it gives me a point at the FOV before the zoom in happens.
It would be great to have screentosphere() to convert co-ordinates at a particular FOV than the current one.

Monday, October 26th 2015, 12:33am

just get the current fov: view.fov and divide it to suit and sub or add your view.hlookat, view.vlookat to get the exact point you wish to look at.
Or you can use screentosphere to find the proper ath atv, based on stagewidth,stageheight and getting your offset by math.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour