Stereoscopic 360 Panoramic Video krpano 1.19

• Hi all

I have created a cube rendered Virtual Tour for browser and stereo viewing. All the cube stereo images scenes work great and this is about to go live soon, but I am having problems creating a video scene to load stereoscopic spherical rendered videos.

I can get the 360 video to load and play but I cannot get the stereoscopic code to work. If I slice the "TB" or "SBS" video in After Affects it plays great as a single video but as soon as I load in the "TB" or "SBS" video it runs but doesn't slice the video and I get both top and bottom or side-by-side running as one 360 video. I don't mind having 2 separate videos for each eye but I don't know how the code for that would work.

Could anyone show me where I am going wrong. I also don't understand how, once the video plugin is loaded, a second video can be loaded for the right eye in VR mode. The example panoramic video from the 1.19 release example is exactly what I want to achieve, is the code for this not also available?

The TB video is 4000x2000 each pano 4000x1000
    The SBS video is also 4000x2000 each pano 2000x2000

and standard 360 sliced from TB is 4000x1000

I am looking to render out my final as stereo SBS at 8192x2048px each pano video being 4096x2048px

<!-- VIDEO TEST -->

<scene name="scene_VIDEO_TEST" title="Video Test" onstart="" thumburl="video/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">

<plugin name="video"
    url.flash="plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    url.html5="plugins/videoplayer.js"
    videourl="video/Pano_TB.mp4"
    posterurl=""
    pausedonstart="false"
    loop="true"
    volume="0.7"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideoplay=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onerror=""
    />

<image display.stereo="true" stereoformat="TB" hfov="360" vfov="180">
    <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>

</scene>

</krpano>

The video plays and all works well other than getting stereoscopic working and the SBS video to split and only use the right side, or separate video once stereoscopic VR mode is enabled. One minor issue also is that I cannot get the Loading... text to go, its always displayed on the video.

Hopefully someone can help, for the cinema I want to have a full showreel playing on the screen while you can look around in VR with the lighting changing the scene.

http://www.arc-cgi.uk/ballamona_tour.html

Thanks

James

• Hi,

the correct syntax is:
    <image stereo="true" ...

not:
    <image display.stereo="true" ...

The loading text will be still there, because the a pano video isn't a normal pano image and doesn't send the 'onloadcomplete' event (where in the vtourskin.xml the loading text will get hidden).

You could use the onvideoready event to hide the loading text - e.g.

Code
    <plugin name="video"
        	onvideoready="skin_showloading(false);" 
        	/>

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi

Thank you for the response.

I have changed the syntax and update the onvideoready to remove the loading and everything works great.

I have noticed though that the video will only split into true stereoscopic SBS or TB when I test running through the testing server, if I run the tour locally the video still loads both eyes in one video, I know I should always test through the server but I wondered if there is a fix for this as clients may like to have a local copy running for shows etc, or loading, Higher Res video could be used if it could run SBS or TB Stereo VR video locally.

Great software especially the stereoscopic element.

We also render out a stereo 6x1 cube (like what is used for GearVR) then have to slice this into 12, 6 left eye t, d, f, b, l, r and 6 right. While this is in the Beta stages would there be a way to have this stereoscopic 6x1 cube strip image loaded as one, then something set in the code to split this in half SBS (L and R eyes) and also split each half into six to enable labelling as required eg: Left: slice 1 f, slice 2 u, slice 3, b etc.

This would make krpano far more powerful and versatile than using a GearVR or Oculus as 3D rendering outputs could be dropped strait into krpano after post production.

James

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!