You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 14th 2015, 3:14pm

VR and Samsung Galaxy J5 without magnetic sensor (only up and down)

Hello,
I have a Samsung J5 and when I try to activate the VR mode and the gyroscope is activated I can only "move" the pano up and down, but if I try to move right/left the phone the pano doesn't move

In the post of Klaus I've found:
"The device needs to have accelerometer and gyroscope sensors."

My phone have these sensor, but it does not have the magnetic sensor, so I cannot use any compass app.

Is this the reason I can't look left/right?

Thank you in advance

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 9:15am

Hi,

when you can't move left/right, it means that the device/system/browser doesn't provide (valid) gyroscope sensor values...

The up/down and rolling movements will be calculated from the earth-gravity-acceleration by the acceleration sensor, but for left/right the gyroscope is required.

The magnetic sensor isn't (and can't) be used.

According due some web-pages the J5 does NOT t have a gyroscope sensor - e.g. see here:
http://www.kadvacorp.com/mobile/samsung-…e-specs-review/

Best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 3:38pm

Ah, thank you

I was almost sure J5 has the gyroscope, but in fact the Samsung site assert:

• Sensors
    Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Sorry, my bad *g*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "maccalb" (Nov 19th 2015, 4:22pm)