Tilt control with control type - normal

• This tool brings a lot of abilities for a presentation.
    Thanks a lot for krPano. This days I can address many people to this software so they could give it a try =)

As a professional presenter (mostly in engineering) I find it really great way to show any VRshots by turning the camera through a photo.
    With my recent work I used this by simple lookat() command. And in some cases I wanted to use some kind of camera tilt, but this effect I could achieve only by switching to 3d control mode and only manually I could get the right view.

Could any body give an advice, if it is possible, to use some advanced action or something...
    If no then my feature "wants" would be: control type -normal + some control buttons (like "<" and ">") for tilting left, and right. And also possibility to program the view with this parameter.

Kind Regards,
    Ivan

• Hi,

there is the "camroll" parameter in the <view> node (view.camroll)

it can be changed dynamically,
    e.g. via set(view.camroll, ??); or tween(view.camroll, ??); ...

but there is a limitation - when moving in the pano with the "moveto" or "drag2D" control mode it will be set back to "0.0",

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thaks a lot! it halped.

Is it possible to add this feature to "move to" control mode? as a control button "<" ">"? it would be very nice! IMHO, people whom I showed the VRs find the 3d or 2d control type a bit complicated at the first try.

• Hi Claus,

Yes, idea is to keep the "moveto" mode with new camroll control... I am not sure if it is technically possible - but still idea that we have arrow controls with keyboard, and by additional control buttons (like it is possible now with "ctrl" and "shift" to zoom) to get an effect of "camroll" (e.g. tilt left "<" and tilt right ">"), if we would use the command than the plane of X-Y axes should rotate around the axis of the view (or relatively to default coordinate system)

Best Regards,

Ivan

• Hi,

what is the basic idea behind this request?

is it to align the pano?
    - that wouldn't work, because the camroll is only for the current view and will rotate with the view...
    - there would be a "prealign" setting in the <image> node for rotating the pano itself,

- or just to have a rotated camera?

have also a look at this example:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pa…weg/feldweg.xml

this example uses the "headswing" setting in the <control> node,
    it rotates the camera depending on the left/right moving speed

best regards,
    Klaus

• Very interesting example! Thanks! I was not familiar with this interesting feature.

But my idea is focused to static positions of the view, when we could adjust with right, left, down, up, ctrl and shift the view coordinates and zoom, and additionally we could control the tilt of view with "<" and ">" keys (while we stay in moveto control mode).

The idea appeared from a presentation of spherical panoramas. I find it great presenting feature to show VRs by guiding the visitor through the pano by showing different views and with diff. fov ( hope you had a chance to check my latest work about mt.Elbrus, each VR there starts with "author's recommended views", where you can be guided through the VRs). With tilting it would be even more possibilities to show the VR from new angles *smile* .

Hope I did not make the explanation to complicated . *rolleyes*

PS. I would like to ask about another additional feature (it is partly concerns the tilt). As I described above it is a great feature to be guided through the photo (most of my visitors accept it with interest and fun). Today I had to make an action which makes to lookto to selected views. The way I could prgramm it was change the view in player, than open option plug-in or editor, than typing current coordinates into xml. Is it possible to make some kind of "capture view plug-in" which could copy coordinates into clipboard (like hlookat, vlookat, fov and maybe in future *wink* tilt parameters).

This feature could be used for faster programming of guided toors and e.g. for people to share their favorite views in a VR...

Kind Regards,

Ivan

• Hi,

I understand
    it will not be difficult to add an option to enable the camroll also for the moveto mode,
    (maybe already in the next release)

but about - tilting - please have a look at the view.architectural parameter
    see:
    https://krpano.com/docu/projections/#architectural
    example:
    https://krpano.com/docu/projections/#cmparchitectural

about - "capture view plug-in" - the editor plugin can be used for that,
    when pressing the "xml"-button - the xml will be build upon the current state of the pano
    (that means the <view> node contains the informations about the current view)

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!