Support for Samsung browser for Gear VR?

• The steps I took was : enter internet://webvr-enable, then enter the url of my krpano tour, then click the VR button on the tour, after that there are two buttons showed up on the top of the browser, One is "Mode", the other is "Close", I clicked "Mode", then selected "360/2D". The image is zoomed in and very blurry. Did I miss anything ?

• WebVR in the GearVR works really well, but the browser limits the VR rendering resolution to 2048x1024 (before distortion), that means the result will be not as sharp as in the normal browser (but therefore smoother)

I've been testing some tours with the last model of Gear VR, it seems that still does not look as sharp as it could be... Do you think it will be better on the samsung side any time soon ?

• Zitat von »klaus.krpano«

WebVR in the GearVR works really well, but the browser limits the VR rendering resolution to 2048x1024 (before distortion), that means the result will be not as sharp as in the normal browser (but therefore smoother)
    I've been testing some tours with the last model of Gear VR, it seems that still does not look as sharp as it could be... Do you think it will be better on the samsung side any time soon ?

Hi, is there an update to the resolution problem? how can it be improved? thx.

• Hello, I recently purchased the Gear VR on a S6 and got the same issue, I hope they update the browser.

https://krpano.com/krpanocloud/webvr/?v=119pr8

When I open this link on my phone using Samsung browser, and touch EnterVR , it would display the vr version (split screen) then i proceed to place the phone into the GearVR , then it would show the vr browser home page, then I would have to gaze at the EnterVR and tap, it opens the vr content samples but the quality is bad.

Thanks!

Quoted from "joschii"

Hi, is there an update to the resolution problem? how can it be improved? thx.
    I haven't tested GearVR for a while yet, but the resolution limit is given from the browser, not from krpano! That means the browser would need to update here, not krpano.

• I am finding the same thing. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am trying to get a good experience with stereo panoramas on the GearVR. It's just very laggy. I am using an S6 with krpano 1.19-pr8

• I run a virtual tour created for WebVR in Samsung internet browser for Gear VR.

And faced with poor image quality (very blurred) doesn’t match the screen resolution of Galaxy S7.

Link to the tour: http://virtualland.ru/glavstroy/test/

WebVR support enabled by request «internet://webvr-enable».

I read about the browser resolution rendering limit 2048x1024px in VR mode

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…x1024#post65184

But quality feels much worse than 2048x1024px. For example on iPhone 6 + Safari (1334x750px) it looks even better.

How to fix low resolution in Samsung internet browser for Gear VR?

Thanks.

• Hi,

that 2048x1024 is the internal rendering target resolution - that's before the GearVR browser will apply the lens distortion in a post processing step. That reduces the resolution even more.

From the krpano side it's not possible to make improvements here - krpano uses the WebVR API from the browser to display the VR content in this case. That means the WebVR support in the Samsung Gear VR browser itself would need to get improved.

An iPhone 6 might look better because there krpano is rendering (without WebVR API) directly with lens-distortion and without post processing and so that usable resolution is higher.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Dear Klaus, and anyone with appropriate experience,

we've recently begun to try to market our panoramic tours in VR mode, and sadly came to the same conclusion as others in this thread, regarding Samsung's GearVR. However at this point then I'd like to ask: can you please tell us which combination of phone/headset would yield the absolute very best results krpano can produce in VR mode? Just so we can check it out to see what's achievable.

Thanks!

• Hi,

We use Articad (kitchen design software) which uses KR Pano for its panoramic viewer. I've tried it with my S7 Edge in the Oculus headset and it doesn't work nearly as well as when you use it on a standard monitor or the mobile without the headset. I just wondered when the latest update came out? Perhaps the KR Pano version they use is an old one? Can you confirm which release they should be using please?

Many thanks
    Nathan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!