How to show flat pano (image) in VR Mode?

• Is there a way to integrate a still image into a VR Mode tour? Traditionally you just make it into a flat pano. Works fine in "Fake VR Mode" but when you get it onto the actual device (iOS+Safari) the flat pano goes black.

Klaus - Will this change in the future? If that isn't possible is there a workaround? I've tried several options with no success.

• Hi,

currently a flat pano in krpano is a pano with a horizontal fov of 1.0 - this works in VR too, but the image will be very very small.

As workaround a distorted hotspot with the pano image could be used for VR. For future version I'm thinking about flat images with larger fov values...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi. I have been looking for 360 tour buildng software such as krpano. I have a requirement to be able to show a high res flat image when in vr mode. Is this still a limitation in krpano? If so, do you have any eamples of the workaround suggested?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I can get this working so I can make the purchase.

Hi,

currently a flat pano in krpano is a pano with a horizontal fov of 1.0 - this works in VR too, but the image will be very very small.

As workaround a distorted hotspot with the pano image could be used for VR. For future version I'm thinking about flat images with larger fov values...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• do you have any examples of the workaround suggested

It isn't up, yet, but I am working on a site using this technique. Currently, I just create image hotspots large enough to cover the fov and anchor them in the fov with flying="1.0".

If you want the ability to scan around a zoomed image, I would suggest using a high rez image and cropping it (see the docs) and displaying that cropped area large enough to cover the fov. Make the image hotspot flying="1.0" to lock it always in the center of your view. Then add code so that, for example, when you turn right the crop moves to the right showing more of the image to the right. Or....use a group of hotspot buttons to move left/right/up/down and perhaps zoom in/out, all by adjusting the crop. These can be anchored to an underlying pano image (flying="0.0") so that you can select them with the VR cursor or move them out of the way, depending on where you look. (The underlying "pano" image can be tiny and just a color. Nobody needs to see it.)

Simply put, it's not trivial but can be done.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!