You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 4:40pm

client experiences videos failing to load, but I can't reproduce - any ideas

Hi All

I'm working on a client project which has a number of videos which can be played within the virtual tour via a 'play video' icon which then opens up the video in the middle of the screen. The play video icon then changes to 'close video' which stops and closes the video.

When I test with IE, Chrome, iPad etc all works fine, even tested over 4G with personal hotspot and works ok.

When client tests it, the tour loads fine but the video fails to load, they see the black error log appearing with the message:

ERROR: xml/xml-videos/.../video-640x360/video-name.m4v - loading video failed! (and yes... the video does exist!)

From log they are using Chrome 47.0 - WebGL

The video is .m4v format, 2.3 mb, data rate is 853kbps, frame rate is 25 fps.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated (other than turn off error logging!)

Thanks

Tim

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 5:58pm

I would give them a link to the video and see if they can play it directly in their browser at all.
Perhaps they have something broken on their OS, or it's really really old.
KRPano Developer: Portfolio ::Gigapixel Tagging Solutions - Porfolio 2 :: Facebook :: Twitter :: reddit.com/r/VirtualTour

Monday, January 25th 2016, 10:29am

solved??

First time round I recoded videos using miro video converter.

Eventually solved problem by recoding all videos using handbrake, uploaded and then worked fine for the client.

so recommend using handbrake for downsizing video for krpano.