• Hi all,

I am trying to build a vr virtual tour using 360 videos. I know of the touch problem for auto playing videos on mobile, for that matter, my first video is triggered when touching the ENTER VR button, and everything is fine. The problem comes when passing from one video to another, which is done inside the VR interface, where no touching is possible (the phone is in the cardboard). Videos don't play at all unless the screen receives a touch event. I can't find a solution with android devices. Is there any?

• Hi to everyone,
    i have the same problem to solve (vr 360 video) and i'm trying krpano 1.19 prerelease3.
    But with the panoramic video i see only a black screen:
    To try this, you can open with Chrome (on an Android Smartphone) this link (krpano demo):
    http://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krpanocloud/we…x.html?v=119pr3

if I select panoramic video (the 3rd demo) i see only black screen (with Galaxy Note 4 and Chrome browser).

I'have downloaded krpano and i have created an Android project to open the files in a local web view, but i have the same result (black screen on panoramic video).

Is there the old but big problem with Chromium web view (and is there any solution)?
    Thank's for all your opinion about this and sorry for my bad english.

Antonio Mazzeo

• I have no problem autoplaying videos on iOS / Android ?

• Thanks Tuur (and thanks kiboOst) for the answers.
    I'have enabled #ignore-gpu-blacklist on Chrome and i have solved using Chrome Browser.
    Now the problem is i should make an Android app with KRPano but in this case i have black screen again (only for the 3rd video demo).
    The Android Studio Console shows this error:

GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glCreateAndConsumeTextureCHROMIUM: invalid target
    02-04 15:14:34.948 30918-31110/? E/chromium: [ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(12937)] [GroupMarkerNotSet(http://crbug.com/242999)!:54B471AE]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_VALUE : glCopyTextureChromium: source texture has no level 0
    02-04 15:14:34.958 30918-31110/? E/chromium: [ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(7430)] [GroupMarkerNotSet(http://crbug.com/242999)!:54B471AE]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.

Any idea about this?

Many thanks,
    Antonio

• This is something we really really do need at the moment. We want to show multiple videos in our application through the VR interface.

There is a workaround in the current krpano for single videos. I wonder, if we can extend this hack to load, pause and hide all videos in the tour. Could this work?

Hi,

this will be possible with the next krpano release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Use scenes!
    Don't pause video, just change videofile onstart new scene.
    With the floating vr menu , when you look a bit down , should work.
    For me it does.
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• So we never should pause a video once we hit enter VR button, (and change the video file via plavideo() ?). But we also have static scenes in the tour. Would this effect performance, since it's running on a mobile phone?

• Hi - I've been trying to figure out the way around the required touch to start playing videos as referenced by Tuur. I have not been successful. *sad*
    I'm using playvideo(), scenes, and have created an action that is called onstart of the scene. The video plugin is loaded prior to entering the first scene.

Since I am still fairly new to xml there is big chance I made a mistake in the syntax. Below is the code I'm using showing only the relevant parts of a much larger file.
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, even if the answer is: "stop wasting your time now and wait for the next krpano release." *smile*
    (At least I can then give our client a firm answer.) *smile*

Many thanks in advance
    Chris

<krpano version="1.19" title="Touch Work Around" >
    [...]

<plugin name="video1"
    url.flash="plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    url.html5="plugins/videoplayer.js"
    videourl=""
    posterurl=""
    pausedonstart="false"
    loop="true"
    preferredformat=""
    buffertime="0.1"
    ignoremetadata="false"
    volume="1.0"
    onvideoready=""
    onvideoplay=""
    onvideopaused=""
    onvideocomplete=""
    onerror=""
    preload="true"
    keep="true"
    />

<action name="vidScene01">
    plugin[video1].playvideo('videos/Scene01.mp4', 'videos/Poster_Scene01.jpg');
    </action>

<scene name="Scene01" title="..." onstart="vidScene01(); ..." thumburl="panos/Scene01/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">

<view hlookat="270" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="100" maxpixelzoom="" fovmin="100" fovmax="100" limitview="auto" />

<image hfov="360" vfov="180">
    <sphere url="plugin:video1" />
    </image>

</scene>

[...]

</krpano>

• Hi all,
    This has been a very helpful post. Thanks!
    I have been trying to build a 360 video app using Phonegap. I am using the following xml code to automatically enter VR mode and start the video.
    This works perfectly in a Chrome browser on both Windows desktop and Android mobile device. (Android 4.4.2)
    Please note that all objects are in the same root directory for Phonegap app build, hence no "%SWFPATH%'" references...

However, when using Phonegap Dev on Android I only get the BLACK SCREEN with sound. *wacko*
    Seems strange that it works ok in the browser but not when using the Android webview.
    Is this still an Android bug or am I missing something????

Any help is much appreciated *smile*
    Thanks in advance.

(Background info: I have specified mobilevr_support="true" in my code above to override any webvr restrictions.)
    I have also downloaded several 360 video apps from the Google Play store, including the JAUNT series (featuring Paul McCartney, Jack White & The North Face) and a Mercedes Benz demo by Visualise. These all work fine - how do they do it? If they use webvr then why does this not work for us? *confused*

*** SOLVED ***
    Crosswalk plugin fixes it! https://github.com/crosswalk-proj…osswalk-webview
    Now I can put all of my panos/videos into phone apps.
    Thanks Klaus - KRpano is a wonderful product.

Edited 2 times, last by Goofyfooter (May 15, 2016 at 10:42 AM).

• @ecasasin You'll want to invoke the autostart for all the videos you wish to play.

Something like this:

Code
    <layer name="webvr_enterbutton"
    align="bottom" y="10%"
    ondown="video_auto_start(); video2_auto_start();"
    />

By doing the above, I was able to play both videos in the VR interface by looking at each hotspot through my cardboard. However, when I try to play any of the videos more than once, I run into the @Goofyfooter issue where the video will play the audio, but only display a black screen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!