HTML5-VR Audio Plugin - version 3.1.0 is ready!

• Hello

The latest version of the plugin is ready. Main changes in this version (3.1.0): *thumbsup*

• A new global volume action: Html5SoundGlobalVolume(Number) - 0.0 - 1.0
    • Now the plugin detects if the browser tab with your project is active, if it is not, then plugin automatically mutes the sound.
    • Howler core update

Thank you for any comments and suggestions. It is thanks to them that we can improve the plugin for you.
    The download link has been sent to all customers.

Kind regards
    Piotr

• Hello.
    What command in your plug-in allows to execute preliminary loading of audio of files?
    In a plug-in of soundinterface (krpano) there is a preload team.
    And whether there is a similar opportunity in your plug-in?

If to use a plug-in of soundinterface (krpano), then a sound (music for example) it will be started in phone at once.
    And if to start the same music by means of your plug-in, then music will be started in phone in 10 sec. Such delay does not allow to apply this plug-in in commercial projects. In the modern world the program has to start music along with his loading.
    In our project a lot of audio of texts on 6Mb, and I in a difficult situation is used now, I do not know what should I do... everything is started very slowly.

Maybe there is only one option, Yu to use the onload command?
    And during loading of audio of the file to show the picture "to load audio, please wait"...

Edited once, last by magnifiko (January 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM).

• Hello,

If to use a plug-in of soundinterface (krpano), then a sound (music for example) it will be started in phone at once.
    And if to start the same music by means of your plug-in, then music will be started in phone in 10 sec. Such delay does not allow to apply this plug-in in commercial projects. In the modern world the program has to start music along with his loading.
    In our project a lot of audio of texts on 6Mb, and I in a difficult situation is used now, I do not know what should I do... everything is started very slowly.

My plugin is based on Web Audio Api not HTML5 Audio.

Look here

I will try to add an option to dynamically control the audio type (Web Audio API or HTML5 Audio). I need to do some tests. Keep in mind, however, that HTML5 Audio has the same limitations as the Sound Interface Plugin , so ...

Piotr

• Hi

is it possible to place the "sound button" in another place than "skin_btn_navi"? and how? Tx

you can modify this style for this.

Code
    <style name="sedit_skin_audio_on_off" url="../skin/sound_switcher.png" scale="0.5" y="0" x="-144" align="center" keep="true" />

Kind regards
    Piotr

• Ok thank you,
    but i would like to put the button outside the "skin_btn_navi" layer (for example in the top right of the screen)... and my button is bigger than yours, so it doesn't show all the button... i can create my "sound_switcher" button (with 2 or 4 states like yours) but how can we change the dimensions?

• Ok thank you,
    but i would like to put the button outside the "skin_btn_navi" layer (for example in the top right of the screen)... and my button is bigger than yours, so it doesn't show all the button... i can create my "sound_switcher" button (with 2 or 4 states like yours) but how can we change the dimensions?

Hide a default btn and build you own freely. For onclick action you can use Html5SoundGlobalmute

Kind regards
    Piotr

• Hi Pawel & Piotr,

i experienced a strange problem:

After adding a sound with playHtml5sound3D(false, Anmoderation, html5sound/assets/Anmoderation, -1, -2, 120, 1.0, 1.0, false),
    it seems that the sound is loaded twice.
    Html5Soundpause(Anmoderation) only seems to pause one sound and the other one is still playing.

Here is my code:

i am useing the videointerface given on Klaus's web-VR-example.

Do you have any idea why sound is added "twice"?

• i have stripped down the code and same problem occurs on FF 58.0.2 (+ developer edition) and Safari 11.0.2 on OSX 10.13.2.
    Multiple instances of playHtml5sound3D seems to run parallel in background.
    The strange thing is that it seems to appear randomely (most in FF), so sometimes audio is loaded properly (1 instance).

When i remove the video plugin everythings seems to be fine (in most cases).

See stripped down code to reproduce:

Any Idea?

• Greetings, I'm using the latest version of the plugin (3.1.0), and I'm getting kicked out of the WebVR experience fairly quickly. Safari doesn't crash, the experience simply goes back to the 2D version. When I remove all sounds from the virtual tour, there's never a crash. I've got both .mp3 and .ogg files (though for all my recent projects I don't even bother with the .ogg).

I'm running an iPhone 7 plus, with Safari as the browser. iOS version 11.2.5

Would be happy to send you a link in a PM of the tour.

Any ideas?

Tnx!

• Hi

Greetings, I'm using the latest version of the plugin (3.1.0), and I'm getting kicked out of the WebVR experience fairly quickly. Safari doesn't crash, the experience simply goes back to the 2D version. When I remove all sounds from the virtual tour, there's never a crash. I've got both .mp3 and .ogg files (though for all my recent projects I don't even bother with the .ogg).

I have a problem with loading your site. Are you sure that there are no problems with the server?

Piotr

• Hey Piotr, both the sound and no sound versions are working now. I was updating / moving files at the same time you were trying to access.

It's working now, basically everything works fine.

Everything works fine on my old iPhone 5s, and it's really an old phone (2013 ). See attachment.
    The reason must be somewhere else.

Kind regards
    Piotr

• Yeah, the problem is still there and it's definitely the audio plugin. Will just have to start narrowing down the problem through testing. Ugg.

I'll let you know what I find...

EDIT: I just ran through the entire tour twice - after removing sound - and it never kicks me out. I'm wondering:

1. Is there a limit to the amount of sound files per scene?
    2. Is there a limit to the length of sound files?
    3. Any special considerations for the naming of the sound files?
    4. Does the bitrate matter for the mp3 files? I'm at 32kbps.

Been using the plugin for awhile, and this is the first time it's really giving me issues.

Tnx

Edited once, last by landrvr1 (February 23, 2018 at 9:39 PM).

• Okay, so I've narrowed this down to a problem with the 3D sounds. When I remove all 3D sounds and just leave 2D, I can get through the tour multiple times with no crash out of WebVR.

What I'm going to have to do next is bring back the 3D sound files one scene at a time. The problem is that thecrash while in WebVR can happen in any scene - so I'm not able to isolate a specific, recurring 3D sound that I might use multiple times. In other words, there's no common denominator sound file that I can point to as the problem.

*confused*

• Hello

The new version of the HTML5-VR Audio Plugin (ver 3.1.1) is ready *thumbup*

The update concerns the elimination of an occasional error on the Firefox browser. Sometimes the ambient sound does not disappear after switching to the new panorama. This update fix this.
    There also a newest Howler.js file.

All customers should receive the link. If you bought a plugin but you haven't kept the link to download the latest version, please let us know.

Kind regards
    Piotr

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!