HTML5-VR Audio Plugin - version 3.1.0 is ready!

• Hi landrvr1

Greetings, I purchased your plugin but have several questions/problems.

Thank you

ENCRYPTED FILES
    The xml files are encrypted so I cannot do things like change the png icon to use my own symbols. How can I use my own icons?

You can make plugin or hotspot with its own graphics and use action from doc.

CAN ONLY PLAY POI SOUNDS ONE TIME
    If you play a sound and let it run until finished, you cannot play the sound again. This is a problem. Is there a way around this?

It is a protection against duplication of the same audio files. If you want play audio always, before end use this method . playHtml5sound() to not have this protection

LOOP SOUNDS
    I don't understand where I'm supposed to put the plugin action to control looping. Some sounds I want to loop, some I want to play just once.

You mean the GUI editor, or something else?

Piotr

• Tnx for the quick reply!

GRAPHICS
    I'm not sure what you mean by using my own graphics and use action from 'doc'. ?

POI ONE TIME
    I've no idea how to incorporate playHtml5sound() instead of <sound name= ?? Am I replacing the <sound name= code in the sounds.xml file with the playHtml5sound action?

Basically if I'm creating a pano and someone clicks on a sound file to hear an explanation of something they are looking at, it's probably a good idea to give them the option of listening to that explanation again. Not sure how it's a duplication of the audio file or how that works, but from a user standpoint this is critcal. You're going to get users who simply want to listen to an audio file again.

Sorry, my coding skills are VERY limited - which is why I was attracted to your plugin. :) However, in order to get the functionality I need - and some flexibility - I don't think the tool is really quite there yet. Letting the creator select which speaker png icon would be a great feature to add.

Tnx for any assistance you can give.

• I'm not sure what you mean by using my own graphics and use action from 'doc'. ?

Sorry for mental shortcut. doc means documentation

I've no idea how to incorporate playHtml5sound() instead of ...

playHtml5sound() function can be use from layer or hotspot - manually. If you are using GUI to creates sounds in you project, then that is not possible. The GUI editor are used for other functions.
    <sound name="? tag is generated automatically (whole sounds.xml file) by editor and I do not recommend manual modification in sounds.xml file!

Basically if I'm creating a pano and someone clicks on a sound file to hear an explanation of something they are looking at, it's probably a good idea to give them the option of listening to that explanation again. Not sure how it's a duplication of the audio file or how that works, but from a user standpoint this is critcal. You're going to get users who simply want to listen to an audio file again.

You can always stop the audio and play it again. That is done POI audio editor. Manualy this is look like this:

play: playHtml5sound3D(keep, name, audiofile, ath, atv, range, rate*, volume*, loops*, onload*, onplay*, onpause*, onstop*, onmute*, oncomplete*)
    stop: Html5Soundstop(name);

Sorry, my coding skills are VERY limited - which is why I was attracted to your plugin. :) However, in order to get the functionality I need - and some flexibility - I don't think the tool is really quite there yet. Letting the creator select which speaker png icon would be a great feature to add.

The editor is there to improve the work. Plugin can be used in any way. Read the documentation. Write me what you really want to do and achieve what it will try to help you write code. If you do not want here, please write email directly to me.

Piotr

• Piotr, for some reason in Safari iOS9 no sounds are playing in my first scene. The sounds in the next scene will play (though sometimes they won't).

When I go back to scene 1 from scene 2 the sounds will play on scene 1.

Also, Chrome won't play any sounds on iOS9.

Any idea what might be wrong? Tnx!

• Thanx for link

I tested it on ip5s IOS 9.3.5 and work well. On ipad Air2 also.

You have 3 sounds in the first scene and they must be buffered - it will take some time. Also remember that the IOS does not allow autoplay audio (security reasons). You must even once touch the screen.

Piotr

• Ah, gotcha. I had completely forgotten about that autoplay restriction. :)

However, when I tap the screen in the first scene only one of the sounds starts playing. ??

I guess the answer is that I need to put a pano scene before this one to kick things off. Maybe a 'start tour' button or something. That should solve the issue.

Tnx

• I've done some more testing. It doesn't seem to matter if there's one or more POI's in the scene - the problem persists. It's also not a case of the POIs are too close together; as placing just two in a scene at opposite ends of the environment doesn't solve the problem. Hmm.

• I wanted to stop by and first say just how awesome this plugin is....fantastic! Sound and directional sound is impressive to every single person who experiences our VR demo.

I'm wondering about the falloff for directional sound. In THIS example the directional sound can easily be heard when you are turned 180° away from the source. In my tour, even though I've specified 360° the sound falls off at 90° or so!

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Tnx!

• hello Piotr and all,
    first tx a lot for your plugin
    then i have 2 questions:

i saved a "sounds.xml" file like this one:
    <krpano>
    <sound2d>
    <scene name="scene_1" audiofile="sound1" vol="0.9" rate="1.0"/> <scene name="scene_2" audiofile="sound2" vol="0.9" rate="1.0"/>
    </sound2d>
    </krpano>

Is it possible to modify dynamically the different values ? for example something more and less like this : set(sound2d[scene_1].audiofile,sound2);
    i tried different codes with no result...

Then i created a hotspot to stop sound1. In the onclick command i tried this:
    onclick="Html5Soundstop(scene_1);"

but it doesn't stop the sound...? Do you know why?

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for my english
    bye

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!