HTML5-VR Audio Plugin - version 3.1.0 is ready!

• Hello,

I've just purchased your plugin and I find it astonishing.
    But... I have some trouble on iOS. On my iPhone all sounds seems to play randomly and on my iPad, the background sound is distorted.

You can have a look at the following address:

http://swissimages.com/GSK_576hjh768hzuhk8/Cathedrale/</a>
    (door sound at the main entry, chair sound on the right and steps on the left)

Hope we can find a solution.

With kind regards,

Olivier

• Hi Olivier,

Basically it does not matter where the sound is played on PC or on mobile devices. These sounds from your example are too much noise reduction and can be heard in the headphones. Use good quality files and check out. The random effect may be due to the fact that these files are very similar to each other.

I checked the sound quality and it is the same on PC and iPad. I recommend that you use better sound quality.
    If you have any questions please write.

Best regards
    Piotr

• Thanks Piotr,

You were absolutely right. I checked the files this morning and both mp3 and ogg were totally distorted.
    I changed them.

Though, I have an other question: on iOS (iPad and iPhone), autostart of sound objects is not supported:

"No Autoplay / Autostart!

A sound can't start to play automatically!
    An user interaction is needed to start playing the sound, e.g. a touch on the screen by the user.
    The krpano soundinterface plugin automatically detects that situations and when the playing is not possible
    it automatically queues the playsound() command and waits for the next user interaction to start the sound
    automatically (e.g. when the user touches the screen to pan the pano or to click a button).
    "

I thought the user just needed to pan the pano to launch the sounds, but in fact, he needs to tap the screen. Is there a way to launch the sound when the user pans the pano?

With kind regards,

Olivier

• I thought the user just needed to pan the pano to launch the sounds, but in fact, he needs to tap the screen. Is there a way to launch the sound when the user pans the pano?

It depends on the IOS itself *whistling* Consider adding an IOS start screen to force a proper response from user.

Maybe something like this:

Code
    <layer name="start_screen" url="ios_help.png" devices="mobile" align="center" edge="center" width="90%" height="prop" zorder="10"  />

Best regards
    Piotr

• Thanks a lot Piotr. Your idea was excellent!

Here is the code I use for that purpose:

Kind regards.

• Hi!

Found some problems on default installation of plugin:

1. Background sound2d, press button Sound Off and here is no way to switch it On
    2. Press on button Sound Off/On on scenes with s3d sounds restart it instead of mute.
    3. Is there way to make different level of background sound on different scenes?
    4. There is no Sound Off/On on mobile interface.

Test URL http://www.360pano.eu/space/
    Sounds XML http://www.360pano.eu/space/html5sound/sounds.xml

regards,
    Andrew

• Hi!

1. Background sound2d, press button Sound Off and here is no way to switch it On
    2. Press on button Sound Off/On on scenes with s3d sounds restart it instead of mute.
    3. Is there way to make different level of background sound on different scenes?

I'll check it out and let you know.

Is it possible to disable the access to the edit mode (?initvars.addsoundmode=1) when putting in production?

At the moment unfortunately can not, but I will think of a solution.

Best regards
    Piotr

• Hi

Is it possible to disable the access to the edit mode (?initvars.addsoundmode=1) when putting in production?

The solution turns out to be very easy. Copying a project to the server skip the file: 'html5sound/gui/xmls/layout.xml'

I fixed this bug and I've already send a new update. If you do not get a link then let me know. *thumbup* Thank you for a rapport.

Main changes:

ver 2.2.1

* update Howler JavaScript files (v2.0.4)
    * audio 2d not run from global mute button - FIX

Best regards

Piotr

• Hi,

I just bought your plugin and used the following code which works just fine in Chrome and Edge but not in Firefox (54.0.1):
    playHtml5sound3D(false, ambient, sounds/ambient_loop, 100, 0, 180, 1, 1, true);

Unfortunately the sound does NOT stop in Firefox when loading a new scene! It just gets a little more quiet and loose it´s range-function.

Even soundstop does not work. I put this line in the onstart-event of the next scene, without any effect:
    Html5SoundStop(ambient);
    Html5SoundUnload(ambient);

Why does it work in Chrome and Edge but not in FF? *huh*

EDIT: I just updated FF to 55.0.1 (64Bit) and the problem still occurs!

EDIT2: It seems like the problem occurs only for the first loop though. When the sound starts over or ended naturally it works just fine when revisiting the pano *confused*

Edited once, last by Nupsi (August 15, 2017 at 11:14 AM).

• Another Question: Is it meanwhile possible to mute the HTML5Sound-Plugin for all sounds? It´s a little annoying to check in each scene which sounds are active and mute/level them one by one. Especially if you have a tour with 30+ soundfiles *sad*

• I could not repeat this in my examples. These effects depend on many variables, browser, audio file, internode, etc. You may send me a link to test it on my computer. May be on PM.

Another Question: Is it meanwhile possible to mute the HTML5Sound-Plugin for all sounds? It´s a little annoying to check in each scene which sounds are active and mute/level them one by one. Especially if you have a tour with 30+ soundfiles

It was not intended to be such an option due to potential problems, but I think it can be done in a clever way. I have got some idea... *wink*

Best regards
    Piotr

• Hi Nupsi

Quoted from "Nupsi"
    Another Question: Is it meanwhile possible to mute the HTML5Sound-Plugin for all sounds? It´s a little annoying to check in each scene which sounds are active and mute/level them one by one. Especially if you have a tour with 30+ soundfiles
    It was not intended to be such an option due to potential problems, but I think it can be done in a clever way. I have got some idea...

I send to you a new HTML5-VR Audio Plugin core (PM).

A new function is this:

Html5SoundGlobalmute(true/false);

• true: mute the all sound
    • false: unmute the all sound

Let me know if this is it. For now, I have not changed anything in the GUI code just in the plugin itself, so the button on the bar will not work with a new method.

Best regards
    Piotr

• Hello,

The latest (3.0.0) version of the HTML5-VR Audio Plugin includes the following changes:

1. a huge performance improvements!
    2. a new action for a global MUTE for the all sounds:
    • Html5SoundGlobalmute(true); -> MUTE the all sounds
    • Html5SoundGlobalmute(false); -> UNMUTE the all sounds

Thank you for the comments and suggestions that allow us to improve our plugin *thumbup*
    If you bought this plugin and did not receive a link to the latest version - let me know.

Best regards
    Piotr

• Hello Piotr, Pavel,

With your last version
    HTML5-VR Audio Plugin 3.0.0 (build 2017-08-17)

In trace mode, when I click on sound hotspot, I get a lot of line
    INFO: pow_html5soundlayer_scene_01_voice_03: 0 resu_html5soundlayer_scene_01_voice_03: 0
    INFO: pow...

Are they really "info"?
    Is it possible to inactivate them?

My sounds.xml is defined as:
    <soundObj>
    <scene_id name="scene_01">
    <sound name="scene_01_voice_01" audiofile="jphd_sc01_cm01_fr" ath="9.0" atv="0" range="240" rate="1.0" vol="0.7" type="voice"/>
    <sound name="scene_01_voice_02" ...
    </scene_id>
    </soundObj>

• Hi

In trace mode, when I click on sound hotspot, I get a lot of line
    INFO: pow_html5soundlayer_scene_01_voice_03: 0 resu_html5soundlayer_scene_01_voice_03: 0

I left one trace in the code. *wacko* In version 3.0.0 is changed characteristics to 360 degrees audio. I'll send a corrected version in a moment.

Best regards
    Piotr

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!