playvideo() does not work

• I have an emergency that could cost me my job so helping me through this seemingly 'simple' (according to the documentation given to us) task could save me.

I want to play a simple video onclick of a hotspot.

First let me show you what DOES work but seems to be VERY static or involves using excessive amounts of xml files just to change one pano video: changepano( loadscene(video_scene, null, MERGE|KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING, BLEND(1)); );

Here is the plugin & scene that was given to us BY krpano

<plugin name="video" keep="true"
    url.flash="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    url.html5="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.js"
    videourl.no-ios="/panorama/%$panoId%/video-1920x960.mp4|/panorama/%$panoId%/video-1920x960.webm"
    videourl.ios="/panorama/%$panoId%/video-1344x672.mp4|/panorama/%$panoId%/video-iphone-sound.mp3"
    loop="true"
    pausedonstart="true"
    visible="false"
    use_as_videopano="true"
    />

<scene name="video_scene" onstart="plugin[video].play();">
    <image>
    <sphere url="plugin:video" />
    </image>
    </scene>

Even worse, a supposedly valid action call like videotest1() does NOT play the video.
    [playvideo() docs = https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/%5B/font]]

<action name="videotest1>
    plugin[video].playvideo(thenewvideoiwant.mp4);
    </action>

Ironically, videotest2 will play ONLY the sound but not the video

<action name="videotest2>plugin[video].play();</action>

If I say 'screw it' and just place `[font='monospace']plugin[video].play();
    ` directly into the 'onclick=""' of my hotspot, it DOES work. Still, I don't want to play the same video every time. I want to be able to set the plugin so it requests different video urls.
    What's going on here? I am following the documentation given to me to the T, but these alleged valid commands dont seem to be working at all. I am calling this call from krpano.xml so there really should be no excuse as to why none of this works.

Edited once, last by inframatic (February 10, 2016 at 11:52 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!