Converting MP4 to KRPano HTML5 compatible file

• Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place or a dumb question.

I have an MP4 file of a 3D generated walk through provided to me by a 3D production house. It works well when uploaded to YouTube's 360 viewer. I think based on looking at it, that it is a spherical video.

How do I convert this to the appropriate file (Javascript?) for the KRPano HTML5 viewer?

I'm using a Mac, so software for that would be ideal. Is there a simple Droplet? Or free tool?

Thanks,

Alex

• Hi,

Different options here.
    You candownload the 1.18.5 release and find a 360videoplayer example in the examples folder.
    Change the video file(s) with your own.
    Mp4 should just work. Have a try.
    You could use handbreak or ffmpeg for encoding.

I have a droplet that does this all in one go.
    It copies an interface template, makes all posters, audio and video files with ffmpeg static build .
    Out put is ready to play 360 video interface with vr function. (Single videos)
    This droplet i will share, probabbly soon. I can get you one if you like.
    But like to wait for next release.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• I tried using the example 360 video using the download found at the bottom of this page: https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer

But when viewing on mobile there's 2 issues:
    1) I get a debug warning saying "On mobile devices a touch is required to start playing the video!"
    I was hoping for auto-play, but that's fine so long as it doesn't pop up as a warning. How can I turn that off?

2) If I do tap the page, it launches the video using the phones default video player (without any 360 functionality).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

• Hi Alex

I'm experiencing exactly this same issue - the 360 plays, but the default video player opens over the top. Just wanted to ask if you'd found a fix?

Thanks,

Tom

2) If I do tap the page, it launches the video using the phones default video player (without any 360 functionality).

• Actually, you can try to use some online
    converters, such as Zamzar, Convertio. They are free and easy to use. However,
    if your AVI files are large and you want to use offline video converter, you
    can try Joyoshare Video Converter.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!