• Hi, have just discovered KRPano which looks awesome. I have a good amount of experience of shooting 360 spherical panos and have recently been using Flash Panorama Player for display. I am really interested in the multiresolution possibilities afforded by KRPano. Can anyone tell me what sort of camera equipment is required to get really good detail at close zoom? I am currently shooting 8 shot panos (5 horizontal, 1 up, 2 down) using a 10 MegaPixel Nikon D40x with a Nikkor 10.5mm lens.

And can someone give me a brief overview of the technique for multiresolution panos? Am I right in thinking you need only create 1 equirectangular pano at max resolution, and then you use KRPanotools to make the various lower resolution versions?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers.

Cheers

Visionman

• Hi visionman,

I am really interested in the multiresolution possibilities afforded by KRPano. Can anyone tell me what sort of camera equipment is required to get really good detail at close zoom? I am currently shooting 8 shot panos (5 horizontal, 1 up, 2 down) using a 10 MegaPixel Nikon D40x with a Nikkor 10.5mm lens.

( Nikkor 10.5mm, I want one *rolleyes* ...)
    As it seems you take more importance to the lense quality than the camera body (I supose it is a price/quality compromise), why not to suggest one of this lenses:
    AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED the best but $$$$...
    AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II perhaps a good compromise because it will be more versatile than the first one...
    or a more economic all in one as the:
    AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED
    AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II new.

All depend of your needs and money *sad* .

Am I right in thinking you need only create 1 equirectangular pano at max resolution, and then you use KRPanotools to make the various lower resolution versions?

Yes, max resolution equirectangular then make multiresolution panoramas with kmakemultires and display with Krpano *smile*

Hope to see your multiresolutionpanos soon *wink*

Salut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!