loadpano() deletes all xml hotspots that weren't hard-coded into the xml

• Servos,
    I generated a list of hotspots using a javascript function which is loaded into onready in embedpano({}), but they are deleted when I try to return to the scene with the hotspots.

The loadpano function is loadpano(get(startupxml), null, NOPREVIEW|MERGE|KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING, BLEND(1)); and it was created by Klaus, i believe, for 1.19 pr3

So how can I make these generated hotspots return? Should I recall that function again to generate those hotspots and if, yes, then how do I do this?

Servos,
    Ian Steffy

• 'keep' does not work because while it keeps the selectable hotspots on the screen, the hotspots are invisible. Also the hotspots stay on the screen even when the scene is changed to a scene where they don't belong to.

This is what I want:

Scene A: Hotspots are visible and can be interacted with
    (switch to next scene)
    Scene B: Hotspots are invisible and can not be interacted with
    (switch back to first scene)
    Scene A: Hotspots are visible and can be interacted with

Here's what the hotspots look like on Scene A:

<hotspot name="name1"

distorted="true"
    keep="true"
    visible="true"
    url="thumbnail.png"
    tx="400"
    tz="0"
    ty="400"
    ry="10"
    depth="1000"
    />

• Perhaps I've found a bug for Klaus.

Dynamically generated hotspots have their alpha set from 1 to 0 every time the scene is changed.

So right now, krpan does this:

(starting scene)
    Scene A: Hotspots alpha=1
    (switch to next scene)
    Scene B:Hotspots alpha=0
    (switch back to first scene)
    Scene A: Hotspots alpha=0

Klaus should make the following changes in my opinion:

'keep' is not a bool but can be set to specific scenes or all scenes like keep="scene1" or keep="all"
    I don't think it's best to assume that someone wants to either keep a hotspot in all scenes or completely destroy the hotspot.

Second, it needs to be added to the docs that dynamically generated hotspots need their 'keep' and 'alpha' set but static hotspots do not. Right now, I don't see anywhere that says that the alpha will be set to 0 when the scene is changed.

Best,
    Ian *g*
    1.19 Pr 3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!