krpano 1.19-pr4 / 1.19-pr5 / 1.19-pr6

• Hi

i m still a beginner here and i have a question... of course...

In my gear VR i can watch a virtual tour directly in the samsung browser ?
    If yes how do i do this ?

I tried but... it s still 2D and 360 mode is not a real 360... so can you me to understand ??

Thx

Try this...
    "use the new GearVR 'Samsung Internet' browser and enable WebVR support there by entering
    internet://webvr-enable once." - more info on https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#webvr_notes

• Oh thank you very much it works perfectly !

i make virtual tour using Kolor Panotour 2.5.0... so it didin t work i understand.

Do you know how can i modify my virtual tours to make them compatible with samsung gear VR Browser ??

Is it possible at less ?

Thx

• Hi Klaus,

something strange:
    with the new 1.19.pr4 the hovering check of a hotspot dosn`t work.
    with the old one (1.19.pr3) everything worked fine.

In the action I check:
    <action name="vr_menu_out">
    if(hotspot[vr_menu_bg].hovering == false,
    ...do_something();
    );
    </action>

But "do_something()" is fired even when the VR-cursor is still over the hotspot[vr_menu_bg]!
    Only in 1.19.pr4! 1.19.pr3 is fine...

Could this happen because all hotspots are now rendered by WebGL?

Thanks for help,
    Steve

PS: I tested the problem also in your krpano_vr.xml. Same actions, same problem...

BTW, saw another bug:
    In your action vr_menu_out() the refered name of the hovering-hotspot should be "vr_menu_bg", correct?

Change:
    if(hotspot[vr_menu].hovering == false,
    to
    if(hotspot[vr_menu_bg].hovering == false,

i make virtual tour using Kolor Panotour 2.5.0... so it didin t work i understand.

Do you know how can i modify my virtual tours to make them compatible with samsung gear VR Browser ??

Is it possible at less ?

Thx

Remember that support for Samsung Browser comes with krpano 1.19-pr4. You have to update your tour files (xml and js) manualy using krpano tools ( https://krpano.com/download/ ). It's because Panotour still have older version 1.19-pr3 without Samsung Browser support.

Is it possible at less ?

Thx

Due to the new single js export of krpano 1.19 pre4 it's not possible to use the krpano replacement tip of Panotour into 2.5.x release

• I have some problems with my hotspots.

In my standard hotspots i change the image url in the onover event. this worked for me up to version 1.19.pr3. but now the onover and the onout events are fired alternately and the hotspot is flickering.

is this a bug? or is there another way to swap the picture without getting these problems?

thx

my workaround:

Code
    set(onout, "");copy(url, mourl);delayedcall(0.02, set(onout, do_onout_stuff()));

Edited once, last by mjdevil (April 12, 2016 at 6:06 PM).

• Hi,

The following example is displayed on the hotspot depth from 100 (the largest hotspot) to 5000.
    http://spacerywirtualne.pl/realizacje/2016/rzeszow_prl/

In the VR mode, we have the impression that the object is approaching and receding, but it does not help at all, when we can not control the scale and the actual size of the height and width.
    This function makes sense when we set the parameters of the stereo hotspot, with control over its size. So the size of the hotspot is set by the height, width and scale and depth adjusts the offset between left and right eye.

You can adjust depth and scale the same time - e.g. when using:
    depth=1000 + scale=1
    depth=500 + scale=0.5
    depth=2000 + scale=2
    depth=4000 + scale=4
    the hotspot will always have the same size.

That means when the hotspot is farther away, it would need to be scaled more to get the same size.

BTW, I had some issues updating to this version as I had to specify "align" attribute to "lefttop" manually on some layers as they lost they layout just after update. I think it may be due to default values may have been changed.

Right, there is unfortunately a bug here when the align setting is missing, some internal default values were wrong. This will be fixed soon.

Can I download the webvr case?

Yes, it's included in the normal download package - see the 'viewer/examples/webvr' folder.

In my standard hotspots i change the image url in the onover event. this worked for me up to version 1.19.pr3. but now the onover and the onout events are fired alternately and the hotspot is flickering.

Changing urls on over/out is a bit a bad practice - because in this case new images need to get loaded from server. At the moment hotspots that are currently loading aren't processed by the over checking (for several reasons, e.g. unknown size) - but I will try to improve that.

Can i get any event after VR video is finished playing..?????

The video will be controlled by the videoplayer plugin:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#onvideocomplete

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The video will be controlled by the videoplayer plugin:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/videoplayer/#onvideocomplete

is there any test example..???? i've got 'ispaused' event, but it's not working, may be i'm going wrong.

<plugin name="video"
    url.html5="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.js"
    url.flash="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    pausedonstart="true"
    loop="true"
    volume="1.0"
    onloaded="add_video_sources();"
    onvideopaused="testFunction();"
    />

Also i want to launch "VR Mode" via trigger (click) event. is it possible..???

• is there any test example..???? i've got 'ispaused' event, but it's not working, may be i'm going wrong.

<plugin name="video"
    url.html5="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.js"
    url.flash="%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf"
    pausedonstart="true"
    loop="true"
    volume="1.0"
    onloaded="add_video_sources();"
    onvideopaused="testFunction();"
    />

Also i want to launch "VR Mode" via trigger (click) event. is it possible..???

• Since this version of KRPano it is not possible to watch a video in the WebVR example two times.

Link to the example: https://krpano.com/examples/119/examples/webvr/

1. Video hotspot can only be played once:
    When I open the video from the third hotspot the first time, everything is working fine. But when I go back from this video to the main menu - and click again on the video hotspot (3rd hotspot) - it results in a blank screen.

2. Possible glitch: It looks like the video is still playing in the background
    While researching this issue, we added a MP3 file to the movie, and in this way we found out that the audio is still playing in the background while returning from the video to the home screen. Can this be the reason that the video player is not working when triggered the second time?

I hope that we can together find a way towards a solution on how to work with this. Thanks for the amazing work Klaus! *thumbup*

• Hi Klaus

Thanks for the latest KrPano version. awesome!

I noticed hotspot has Stereo feature. Will Layer also have a Stereo feature for VR mode ?

Or else, how do I view Layer in VR mode ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!