krpano 1.19-pr4 / 1.19-pr5 / 1.19-pr6

• haven't been able to figure out how to change default control mode from Move Control to Drag Control and default projection from Fisheye to Normal for videopano. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to easily add Cardboard icon and functionality to the play bar?

Just use the 'videopano' example from the latest krpano version (1.19-pr4) - there all this is there this way by default ;-).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,
    Is it possible to feature flat 3d-photos as hotspots in VR mode where each eye shows a respective part of a 3d photo?

#eedit
    The same would be great for stereoscopic (flat ) videos!!!

Greetz
    Mil

• Is it possible to feature flat 3d-photos as hotspots in VR mode where each eye shows a respective part of a 3d photo?

This would be a fantastic feature. I think you should put it in feature request! Something like a added leftURL attribute for the left channel would be ideal. If stereo and lefturl true, display url right and lefturl left ( or the otherway around ). in case of no stereo, just display URL.

EDIT :

LOL, when glancing over the spec, it assumed that the hotspot[].stereo attribute did something completely different!

Implemented it in my editor within minutes..

Edited once, last by Timescale (May 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM).

• Using the standard makevtour droplet and adjusting some html code demonstrates some of the problems I've had with PR4 which I don't believe happened in PR3. There are several but here are two easy ones that seem to work on all browsers in iOS 9.3.1 on iPhone:

1) When you exit VR Mode it seems the pano image behind a hotspot become transparent. If you change the hotspot alpha the page background color or image shows through. Example.

2) If the pano div or its parent has position (eg: absolute) AND z-index attributes it blocks touch interaction with the pano after you enter VR mode. You can't tap the screen bringing up the Exit VR button, for instance. Example

These issues won't show up on desktop at all. These bugs appear in FF, Chrome and Safari on iOS 9.3.1 on my iPhone 6s. There is also the issue I brought up earlier about the pano disappearing completely when exiting VR Mode. That is also related to the div having a position AND z-index and.... something else because touch interaction remains.

The gist is that PR4 seems more affected by the page HTML than PR3 was and not in a good way. Or am I missing something?

• Hi!

I've just found another issue in 1.19.pr4. On ipad (iOS 9.1, Safari 9.0) sound doesn't autostart when you touch inside the pano. The sound starts to play only after you touched some layer. I thought soundinterface waits for any touch to autoplay the sound, does it? Can somebody confirm this problem?

Regards,

Alexey

• Hello Klaus,

I initially thought that this krpano 1.19 supported spherical and partial multi-resolution panoramas in html5 webgl that are of the spherical (non-cubeface) projections.

The XML documentation no longer mentions limitations on doing so and seems to show the example XML to produce it, but when I try it, I just get a blank screen unless the hfov is set at 1.0., as it was with 1.17

Can you please confirm if this should work or not. If so, what would the XML look like, and if not, is it scheduled for any future release?

example: http://www.3d-360.com/gigakrindex.php?id=170636

I curate thousands of partial panoramas that are and will remain in a spherical projection and can not efficiently be transformed into cube faces as they are all multi gigapixel partial panoramas. I would very much like to use the krpano javascript to view these, like was possible with flash krpano example: http://www.3d-360.com/view-remote-im…gigapans/170636

Thank you for your hard work, time, and consideration

Jason

• Try this...
    "use the new GearVR 'Samsung Internet' browser and enable WebVR support there by entering
    internet://webvr-enable once." - more info on https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#webvr_notes

Hi,
    I try to view 1.19-pr4 virtualtour with my Galaxy S7 + Gear VR but i experience same problem.
    Webvr is enable like above and it's not working.
    I also tried with Package Disable Pro but Oculus Home is always launched...
    I don't know what to do more...
    Is someone have the same materiel and could help me ? Thx

Edit :
    I found the solution with package disable pro : it's necessary to check (disable) "Gear VR Service" and after Oculus home is nos automatically launched

But there is latency in tour and we feel sik very fast...

Is other option better (tour in webvr mode directly in samsung vr browser) ? Someone know how to make it works ? Thx

Edited once, last by Alex74 (May 7, 2016 at 4:14 PM).

• Hello,

I have exactly the same problem , I can not run a virtual tour properly with the gear vr .

Someone is happened?

Daniel

• Hello,

I have exactly the same problem , I can not run a virtual tour properly with the gear vr .

Someone is happened?

Daniel

Hi,

I have S7 and the VR Gear, I tried both ways and can report that both ways are working.

My experience is, that with the Package Disable Pro and a chrome Browser the VR Tour is working very, very fine. Furthermore, I have access to the VR Gear Click Event and audio button.

The VR Tour via the Samsung internet Browser is not really a good quality. In fact it`s bad! I don`t know the exact resolution of the panos, but the Pano looks like a "Pixel-Raster"

Saying that I would recommend the way via the "Package Disable Pro". As written before you have to disable the "Gear VR Service" in the "Package Disable Pro" App.

That`s all...

Steve

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response. For me, the resolution seems absolutely the same in Samsung Internet browser and in Chrome, but in chrome the tour seems to be a little bit more fluid.

And to my side, It's still impossible to see the tour in the Samsung Internet VR browser... I don't know why ! I continue to seek...

Above some captures of what I can see when I enter VR in krpano demo

On other side I tried webvr demos here : http://threejs.org/examples/ and when I click on "Enter VR" it's working... *confused*

Edited 2 times, last by Alex74 (May 9, 2016 at 6:07 PM).

• Hi,

okay, I see. There was an update for the SAMSUNG VR BROWSER V. 4.0.0-17 with updated JavaScript API´s for WebVR.
    I had the old Version 4.0.0-15 (with the Button "360 2D" enabled) and THAT Version worked for me.
    With the updated one I have the same trouble to get in VR Mode as you...

Seems like the pano is still in Stereo-Mode when I switch to the 360 2D environment...

Steve

• Quoted from "Alex74" And to my side, It's still impossible to see the tour in the Samsung Internet VR browser... Have you enabled the WebVR API support by entering 'internet://webvr-enable' ?

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I did it... couple of time...

I tried webvr in Samsung Internet VR browser with exemples here : http://threejs.org/examples/ and It's working...

Steve seems encounter same problem with this new Samsung VR browser update (V. 4.0.0-17).

Regards,

Alex

• Hi Klaus,

Yes, me too. Tried it one more time just before I wrote this...
    Can`t get in the VR Mode...

But it worked with the old Samsung Browser 4.0.0-15...

Best regards,
    Steve

• Hi,

I have updated and tested now too - right, the latest Samsung VR Browser update is the reason.

The new browser versions supports the new WebVR API 1.0, which is basically fine, but the browser has a problem (bug) when enabling the fullscreen mode at the same time.

To fix the problem manually for the moment, edit the webvr.xml and add there:

Code
    fullscreen_mirroring.android="false"

to the webvr plugin.

It's that setting:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#fullscreen_mirroring
    By disabling the fullscreen mode, WebVR works as it should in the Samsung browser.

In the next krpano release this will be done automatically.

Btw - the new browser version doesn't correctly sends when the VR mode will be exited, so it will be neccesary to exit the VR mode two times - first via the back button (to exit the VR presenting) and then via the 'exit vr' button (to exit the stereo rendering and the gyro tracking). This is not workaround-able, here Samsung need to fix the browser.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• PERFECT *thumbsup*
    That`s it!
    THANK YOU KLAUS *thumbsup*

Interesting, just tested:
    With the SAMSUNG BROWSER I can not click via the VR GEAR Touch Pad.
    Setup with the Package Disabler Pro and the chrome Browser the click on the touch pad works.... *confused*

And:
    The pano quality in the Samsung Browser is not as good as in chrome, is there a higher compression or is there a lower quality loaded?

Best regards,
    Steve

• Hi all
    But someone uses CB Enabler for Gear VR...???

MArco

Ciao Marco *smile*
    Yes, I've just tried and it works!
    Activating the Developer Mode the phone enables the global low persistent mode and in Chrome now the lags are gone...

It's still not perfect, but it's definitely better

A couple of drawback:
    1) the luminosity of the display is dimmed
    2) the frame rate is lowered, is visible some flickering (maybe 30fps?)

Thanks for the advise *thumbsup*

P.S. I'm using a Samsung S7

EDIT:
    I've found the best result with the Samsung browser, not with chrome
    Here a video that show the installation of the app

Edited once, last by maccalb (May 12, 2016 at 12:29 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!