krpano 1.19-pr4 / 1.19-pr5 / 1.19-pr6

• I have a distorted hotspot, which opens an image. But I want this not appear when in vr, as I can disable it for vr? Same desire for a scene, I want not see when I enter vr, I tried but completely disappear and no longer appear normally.
    if = "webvr.isenabled; removehotspot (with)"
    if = "webvr.isenabled; removescene (scene_video)"
    solved about hotspot . About scene not

Edited once, last by ramirox3 (June 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM).

• the solution about hotspot is not complete, When I look first scene that contains the hotspot does not appear, going to another scene and return on vr to the scene that contains the hotspot reappears.
    The solution was: in vtourskin added:
    onentervr = "skin_showloading (false); webvr_onentervr (); webvr_setup (); skin_reloadscene_webvr (), set (hotspot [con].visible, false);"
    onexitvr = "webvr_onexitvr (); webvr_setup (); skin_reloadscene_webvr (), set (hotspot [con].visible, true);"

• Hi,

I've noticed a "redraw" issue on iPhone when NOBLEND is used with a loadscene with these parameters :
    loadscene(%1, "view.fisheyefovlink=0.5&view.architectural=0.0&view.pannini=0.0&view.fisheye=0.0&view.stereographic=false", NOPREVIEW|MERGE|KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING, NOBLEND);

No issue with this kind of BLEND : BLEND(0.1, easeInCubic)

Thanks for the note - this will be fixed in the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, Klaus,
    it is excellent, actually increased the rate of implementation of the program in 1.19.pr5

1) however when I try to start in Flash on the desktop - not work the left mouse button
    onover , onut - works but not ondown
    win10x64

2) on desktop win8x64 in Chrome (only!) panorama image is blurred - not much, but enough to be visible

Best Regards

• Hi,

1) however when I try to start in Flash on the desktop - not work the left mouse button
    onover , onut - works but not ondown
    win10x64

Do you have more details?
    I can't see or reproduce anything similar...

2) on desktop win8x64 in Chrome (only!) panorama image is blurred - not much, but enough to be visible

Do you have more information, or an example or a screenshot?
    I can't reproduce such too.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Stupid question but ... how to play video hotspots when WebVR is activated without any touch ?
    Put the hotspot global (with keep="true" and visible="false") on some sceens and displayed when needed in others scenes is the only one solution ?

• Why code is not working correctly? Bug?

Code
    set(myvar, '0');
    if (myvar =='',
      trace('true');
      trace('false');
    );

Rezult: TRUE. Why '0' == " ? Bug?
    PS krpano 1.19.pr5

• I use the looktohotspot function before loading a new pano to zoom into the scene. Before the pr5, this worked fine. But with pr5 the hlookat, vlookat and fov aren't resetted to the view settings of the new xml. Instead it's overwritten by the target from the looktohospot function. Is this a bug or a intended behavior?

• Howdy Klaus,

Finally had time to dive into PR5. Much thanks for the update but two of the bugs most troubling to me are still there. From my May 3rd post (Examples have been updated to pr5):

1) When you exit VR Mode it seems the pano image behind a hotspot become transparent. If you change the hotspot alpha the page background color or image shows through. Example.

2) If the pano div or its parent has position (eg: absolute) AND z-index attributes it blocks touch interaction with the pano after you enter VR mode. You can't tap the screen bringing up the Exit VR button, for instance. Example

These issues won't show up on desktop at all. These bugs appear in FF, Chrome and Safari on iOS 9.3.1 on my iPhone 6s. There is also the issue I brought up earlier about the pano disappearing completely when exiting VR Mode. That is also related to the div having a position AND z-index and.... something else because touch interaction remains.

• Hi Klaus
    (or any other well qualified expert on this forum)

It seems there is still no direct support in krpanotools for building stereo panos as single objects, that could serve as nodes of a vtour. Hence no MAKE_VTOUR(STEREO) droplet. Or even MAKE_PANO(STEREO).

But many panographers are now wanting to produce stereo virtual tours, in an easy way that requires a minimum of inside knowledge. So we need simple instructions for how to make a basic stereo vtour using the WebVR plugin. Please SPELL IT OUT FOR DUMMIES. Assume we know nothing beyond where to find the krpano installation files.

Thanks a million in advance,
    Tom

• The onidle event seems to have a significant problems in v1.19pr5. The onidle timer no longer resets after loading a new pano, only when physically interacting with the pano or some button.

This worked correctly in v1.18.5 but not in 1.19pr5. I have not tested earlier v1.19 versions for this. For me this is a significant problem since I use onidle to automatically cycle through all the panos in a tour for unattended displays. That is no longer possible.

Building a minimal stereo tour
    Hi Klaus
    (or any other well qualified expert on this forum)

It seems there is still no direct support in krpanotools for building stereo panos as single objects, that could serve as nodes of a vtour. Hence no MAKE_VTOUR(STEREO) droplet. Or even MAKE_PANO(STEREO).

But many panographers are now wanting to produce stereo virtual tours, in an easy way that requires a minimum of inside knowledge. So we need simple instructions for how to make a basic stereo vtour using the WebVR plugin. Please SPELL IT OUT FOR DUMMIES. Assume we know nothing beyond where to find the krpano installation files.

Thanks a million in advance,
    Tom

Hi,

I come to this:

Part 1

- make a new folder and put there all your equirectangulars.

- make sure you name the panos the right way like: name-L.jpg and name-R.jpg (or tif)

- select all left eye panos (name-L.jpg) and drop them on the MAKE VTOUR NORMAL droplet.
    Let the droplet finish.

- Rename the vtour folder (droplet output) to a unique name of your choice. for example: 'project3d'

- Now select all right eye panos. And drop the also on the MAKE VTOUR NORMAL droplet, and let it finish.

- go into the new vtour folder , find the panos folder and copy all the .tiles folders you find there.

- paste them in the panos folder of your 'project3d' folder.
    Now you see there all left and right eye pano tiles folders.

We forget the secondly created tour folder and proceed just with the/your 'project3d' folder.

Part 2
    we need to go in the code but it is simple and easy done.

- open tour.xml with a code editor.
    - you will see there a number of scenes (depends on the amount of panos you have for this project).
    - In every scene you will find <image> etc etc.. Change that to: <image stereo="true" stereolabels="L|R">
    Do this in every scene that you want to be stereo.

Almost done..

- now in every scene you see between this <image .. > and </image> ..you see cube url="panos/name-L.tiles" twice..
    Change this -L in -%t twice for every scene.

Done!
    If you want to add hotspots, just use the tour_editor.html.

For a single pano you just do the same. And for a combination, just make sure the stereo pano has this <image stereo="true" stereolabels="L|R"> and the -L or -R in the tiles folder name. And don't forget the -%t

Hope it helps!
    Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

This is still in work - there is no good way doing this just by droplets without GUI framework, because it requires more user interaction, e.g. asking for 'is this a stereo pano' and 'what are the l/r images' - and making that GUI requires work and time (but as said still in work).

For the moment you could just use a MAKE VTOUR droplet for all L and R images, then delete all R scenes and edit the in the L scenes the <image> tag to refer to the L+R images (see the stereo docs about this). There should be also some step by step tutorials about this here in the forum.

The onidle event seems to have a significant problems in v1.19pr5. The onidle timer no longer resets after loading a new pano, only when physically interacting with the pano or some button.

This was intention - previously the timers there was reseted by view updates and this was problematic in several cases. Now it will be basically only reset by user interactions,

For a manual reset the autorotate.interrupt() action could be used.
    This will reset the autorotate and idle timer.

- In new version you have functionality something like when we load the page the video the video will auto play in the browser? without any click or anything else???

That should be always possible on desktop systems, only on mobile systems this is impossible due browser restrictions (which can't be changed).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• For a manual reset the autorotate.interrupt() action could be used.
    This will reset the autorotate and idle timer.

Sort of. But there are problems:

1) This doesn't work if autorotation is paused. Nor does it work if you do the interrupt then pause autorotation before the pano actually starts moving. If the pano moves at all before being paused the onidle timer keeps ticking.

1a) Exception: If autorotation is disabled when the interrupt is called, autorotate.pause() does not block the onidle timer if called after the interrupt. If pause is called before the interrupt the onidle timer is still blocked or not reset.

2) If the pano does not move after loading (via autorotation, not dragging), clicking it does not reset the onidle timer. (unless autorotation is disabled at the time of interrupt and pause, if called, is called after the interrupt.)

Bug or is there something I'm not getting?

• Hi Klause,
    1. Does the krpano scripting commands remain applicable to version v 1.19 and the previous onces (1.18 & 1.17 available on the download page)? Are there any 1.19 version specific commands out of them?
    2. Will the user plugins work for the1.19 (in VR mode) as well without any changes?

Great job, it opens a lot of possibilities.
    Best Regards
    PRAMANJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!