krpano 1.19-pr4 / 1.19-pr5 / 1.19-pr6

• When 1.18 version, there's no problem.
    However, when using 1.19, Dynamic hotspot image is unpredictable.

Here's senario,
    1. Click a button an image hotspot dynamically inserted.
    2. The image is not properly displayed, but nardir or whole sprite image comes up.
    3. After interactive like clicking or draging VR, makes the hotspot displays properly.

What things do you think make this problem?

• Hi,

Update: krpano 1.19-pr6:

This version brings several smaller bug fixes and improvements:

• The lookat() action has now internal WebVR support.
    • Allow changing the view of the current pano while keeping the view-movement of the old pano during blending (for seamless blending and view-changes in VR mode).
    • The crop setting wasn't working in some cases (depending on the order of usage).
    • Rendering/blending bug when using NOBLEND (report).
    • Invisible hotspots when using NOBLEND.
    • Avoid rendering mirrored non-distorted hotspots on extreme fisheye distortions.
    • Workarounds for iPhone 6+ fullscreen landscape mode.
    • The contextmenu fontsize was too large on HiDPI Windows systems in some browsers (browser bug).
    • Hiding the DOM element of the krpano HTML5 viewer no longer causes onviewchange event calls (report).
    • No JS-error when unloading the viewer during WebVR mode.
    • Updated vtourskin.xml for improved VR support.
    • vtourskin.xml - new optional linkedscene_lookat="hlookat, vlookat, fov" setting for skin_hotspotstyle-based hotspots to set the startup-view of the linked scene (works also in VR mode and when using the gyro-control).
    • New debug(), warning(), error() and fatalerror() actions (feature request).
    • New autorotate.interruptionevents setting to control which events will interrupt the auto-rotation.
    • Don't stop nexttick/delayedcall actions from an removed element (report). Instead only remove the caller object.
    • Don't capture the MacOSX system keys (report).
    • Allow using view.style in Flash (report).
    • In the subtxt() action the default length parameter wasn't working in Flash (report).
    • Set failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat to false by default.
    • Improved resetsensor action in the webvr.js and gyro2.js plugins.
    • gyro2.js - new softstart setting for slowing fading to the gyro-tracked-position (feature request).
    • videoplayer.js - support iOS 8 again (report).
    • webvr.js - new headtracking setting to disable the head-tracking.
    • webvr.js - avoid unintended mouse-movement when switching to fullscreen mode.
    • googlemaps.js - key setting for setting the Google Maps API Key (report). The http://tour.xml/vtourskin.xml were also updated to allow setting the key.
    • The editor.swf was sometimes saving UTF8 files wrongly.
    • The protect command line tool can use the 'merged' krpano.js as base file now.
    • The MAKE OBJET droplet wasn't working in the previous release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Much to love in this release but I think we still need both a Google and Bing API key method. Even if you specify using Google it will default to Bing in Flash. May I suggest this change?

Code
    if(device.flash OR skin_settings.maps_type == 'bing',
    	copy(layer[skin_map].key, skin_settings.maps_bing_api_key);
    	set(layer[skin_map].url, '%SWFPATH%/plugins/bingmaps.swf');
    	copy(layer[skin_map].key, skin_settings.maps_google_api_key);
    	set(layer[skin_map].url, '%SWFPATH%/plugins/googlemaps.js');
      );

And obviously you now need both a Google and Bing Maps APi Key in the skin_settings.

• Hi,

Much to love in this release but I think we still need both a Google and Bing API key method.

You're absolutely right!
    Sorry for having missed that...

I have just updated the current version and changed the 'maps_api_key' to 'maps_bing_api_key' and 'maps_google_api_key' in the tour.xml / vtourskin.xml.

Additionally the new build contains a minor fix for this bug.

The version number itself wasn't increased this time due the quick and minor changes, only the build-date (2016-08-08) indicates the updated version.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• New debug(), warning(), error() and fatalerror() actions

Howdy Klaus,

These are welcome enhancements but going just a wee bit further could be a big help. I (and others who have posted on this) would like the ability to capture and manipulate especially error messages, for instance to be sent back to me via Google Analytics. The information -- the string or message -- is obviously there but I don't see how to grab and manipulate it.

Maybe add an onerror event and give us access to the error message?

Additionally I would really find try... catch error handling very valuable, for instance to check for the existence of a file. Don't see how that is possible currently, at least in the Flash engine unless I add an external JS routine. If you request a file and it doesn't exist you get a fatal error, unless I'm missing something.

• Hi,
    On 1.19 Pre5, there's two problems I have.

1. 'shortestway' - option param - of lookto() action is not set 'true' as default. Please checkout this out.
    I should set this param as true when I need to act like as its purpose is.

2. Hotspot Image Issue - not properly display images at the first time I put a hotspot dynamically on panorama vr.
    The cases are like the below. hotspot displays an unexpected image(actually different ones) at the first time inserted on panorama vr.
    When user changes fov, pan, tilt, or click the screen, the hotspot re-renders its proper image.
    What should I do to prevent this happen? Please give me an advice.

Edited once, last by Kabkee: Enable Subscription. (August 10, 2016 at 3:51 AM).

• Hi,

1. 'shortestway' - option param - of lookto() action is not set 'true' as default. Please checkout this out.
    I should set this param as true when I need to act like as its purpose is.

Just tested and I can't see a problem - e.g. here a quick online test:

A lookto to 370 with a default shortestway (=true) - it rotates only 10 (=370-360) degree to right:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pr…90,linear(10));

the same with explicitly setting shortestway to true:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pr…near(10),true);

and now with shortestway=false - now it rotates the whole 370 degree to right:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pr…ear(10),false);

2. Hotspot Image Issue - not properly display images at the first time I put a hotspot dynamically on panorama vr.
    The cases are like the below. hotspot displays an unexpected image(actually different ones) at the first time inserted on panorama vr.
    When user changes fov, pan, tilt, or click the screen, the hotspot re-renders its proper image.
    What should I do to prevent this happen? Please give me an advice.

Sorry, no idea why and when should such happen...
    Please post in a separate thread the example and a description when this happens (e.g. which system and browser).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Klaus!

Great update as always, now about this point:

Allow changing the view of the current pano while keeping the view-movement of the old pano during blending (for seamless blending and view-changes in VR mode).

How it's supposed to be achieved? I imagine it's with the KEEPMOVING flag in the loadpano/loadscene action but just tried it and still have a freeze image point in the blending of the new pano (desktop seems to be working ok).

Could you detail this point a bit more.

Thanks!

• Hi,

e.g. use KEEPVIEW|KEEPMOVING for the loadscene call and change the view in the new scene via lookat() calls.

The new vtourskin.xml has implemented that for VR usage (see the 'webvr_set_startup_view' action).
    That means just make a new tour and try navigating between the scenes in VR mode - the startup view of the next scene should always be the one from the xml.

But one note - keeping the movement during blending works only when blending between 2 panos.
    When quickly loading and blending more than 2 panos, the movement of the old panos will still 'freeze'.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I have a problem with parsing 1-letter query parameters since 1.19pr4.

The following URL worked OK in 1.19pr3 (with passqueryparameters:true in the html):

Code
    test.html?s=1&h=2&v=3&f=4

In 1.19-pr4, -pr5 and -pr6 only parameters 1 and 3 are parsed correct.

A trace of the variables s,h,v,f shows in these versions:

Code
    s: 1
     h: h
     v: 3
     f: f

If I change the URL to 2-letter parameters

Code
    test.html?ss=1&hh=2&vv=3&ff=4

everything works fine in -pr4, -pr5 and pr6.

Wolfgang

• Hi Klaus
    and members.

I have just completed a new project and updated it to 1.19pr6. When viewing in VR Stereoscopic on the cardboard it is very slow and clunky, and horrible to view. We have tried it on both an iphone 6 and Galaxy s6 with identical results. The link to this is below.

http://www.arc-cgi.uk/twofiftyone/twofiftyone.html

I have previously done one using the same code with version 1.19pr3, and this runs seamless in VR mode with the cardboard, the cube images are also larger for this one, so it cant be image file sizes.

http://www.arc-cgi.uk/xmas/arc_christmas.html

Has anyone come across this yet. The new tour had been created then upgraded to pr6 if this could be a factor. But a little counter productive if upgrading the tour is going to cause this, as it would mean a complete new project from scratch every time. The new pr6 is also important to us as the ability to run an Gear VR browser would be great as we have also created Gear VR specific tours, using Krpano for both requirements would be very usefull for certain projects.

Please could users test both and see if you get the same results, one smooth pr3, and one slow in VR mode pr6. And any resolutions would be fantastic.

Thank You

James

Edited once, last by james_budge (August 23, 2016 at 10:10 AM).

• Hello,
    I've been experimenting with krpano 1.19-pr6 and the webvr plugin, repurposing the demo xml to just load a video scene with a 1920x1920 TB video in stereo mode, and it's great - just a quick question about performance please...
    I've tested on both an iPhone 6S (in Safari, Chrome and Firefox) and a Nexus 5 (Chrome) - the Nexus 5 seems to have no problems maintaining a high FPS, while the iPhone really struggles. Is that to be expected and/or can you think of any way to improve? I presume on the Android device there's some hardware acceleration going on? Or perhaps there's another limitation on the iPhone I've not realised?
    Many thanks,Casper

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!