You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 4:12pm

Generate preview only

Hi !

I generated a lot of multires panoramas (a lot, like thousands), but I did so without generating the previews.
Now I'd like to generate these previews, but is it possible to do so without regenerating everything ?
If it is not possible, what are the fastest settings to generate a minimum tileset and a preview ?

Thanks a lot !

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 2:00pm

Hi,

you could use/call the 'makepreview' tool directly:
http://krpano.com/tools/kmakepreview/#top

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 2:26pm

Hi Klaus

Great, I had not noticed it !
Thanks a lot !

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 3:13pm

I rejoiced too quickly.
The input images can only be cubestrips or spherical, but my source images are equirectangular.
They work fine with makepano, but makepreview does not like them, the output image is distorted and does not correspond to the preview that is generated by makepano.
I guess I just have to start over then ?

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 3:43pm

Hi,

spherical and equirectangular is the same ;-).

To build the same preview image as by using the droplets use this call:

Source code

krpanotools makepreview pano.jpg preview.jpg -cs -smooth=25

Best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 3:55pm

Ahah OK, sorry for that, I'm still a beginner when it comes to panoramic photography ;-)

Still, makepreview behaves differently than makepano, but I think it is because it does not support partial equirectangular panoramic. In my case, the panoramic 360° horizontal, but only ~90° vertical (not exactly, it depends).
Makepano handles this without any problem (the top and down cube faces are just full black), but makepreview stretches my image to fit a 360°x180° panorama, resulting in a distorted image. Well, that's my best guess at least.

In my makepano config, I only specify hfov=360, nothing more, and the script adapts itself beautifully to my partial panoramic image.

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 5:31pm

Okay, yes, partial panos are a special case - they are not directly supported by the makepreview tool...

In this case the image would need to be converted first to cube (there partials are supported and the unused space will get filled with black) and then used as input.

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 8:18pm

Yes, I'll try that. It will be faster than making the full multires pano again anyway.
Thanks for your help !