Responsiveness issues : downscale Full HD tour to smaller resolutions (through XML or any other working way)

• Hi,

I use KRPano for several years now (and still very happy with it! :D ) to showcase our 3D reconstructions. As a 3D artist and not a webdesigner, I'm quite stuck about nowadays responsiveness stuff.

I usually design my virtual tours to fit to 1920*1080 displays, and I would enjoy if you could point me in the good directions to make the tours correctly working on smaller resolutions.

Here is a recent example (still WIP, but almost finished), the reconstruction of Michel de Montaigne's library and its writings on the roof : http://www.bvh.univ-tours.fr//MONLOE/3D/mon…/librairie.html

As you can see, it works well on Full HD resolution, but if you resize down your browser... *cry*

Here's attached a screenshot of the landing page of the tour, there's a black layer above (clickable to hide help) and several PNGs disposed on it, using alignements like leftbottom, center, etc. depending on the closest location, with "x" and "y" set with values.

What I'd like to achieve is to automatically scale these elements and keep their positions, depending on the user's screen resolution AND ratio, which might not always be 16:9.
    I read in the documentation and on the forum some stuff like stagescale and so, but as an unexperimented web designer, I don't really get how to use this and I'm not even sure if this would help.
    Also, I read that modifying the width and height (100%) of the div containing the pano is not a great idea.

So, if someone would be kind enough to enlighten me about these issues, I would really appreciate. *smile*

Thanks !

Subsidiary question, Chrome users often seem to have difficulties to load the XML, when Firefox works like a charm. Is that a known issue, or do I miss something ?

• Hi,

there are many possibilities here - you could use:

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!