How to use vr_cursor without entering vr mode

• Hi all,

I would like to make use of the gyroscope feature without entering vr mode and use vr cursor as it is used in VR mode.

I have already entered stereo mode and enabled gyroscope as Klaus suggested but am unable to use the vr cursor.
    Could anyone direct me.

Thanks Darmaniac

• Hi,

the VR cursor is a part of the WebVR plugin.

What you could do is using the WebVR plugin and then after entering the VR mode disable the stereo rendering via - set(display.stereo, false); - but this would only work on non real WebVR capable browsers.

Or re-implement the VR cursor behavior manually by constantly checking the distance to all other hotspots...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Yes that would work but the platform I am trying to use it on does not support webvr, so I cannot enter vr mode. I am trying to convert the html project into apk format for locally using as an app and have not been able to enter vr mode in the app. Probably because there is no webgl support in ask as required for VR. *tongue*

could you please elaborate on your second suggestion like where to write the code and how to go about it.

Could there be any other doable workarounds.

Thanks,
    Dar maniac

• Hi,
    To implement the vr cursor manually where do I have to implement the code vtourskin.xml or some other script and what event function would I have to use to continuously measure the distance as Klaus suggested. Also how do I go about this. *blink*

I am not sure how to begin. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Darmaniac

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!