Create a SPHERE MultiRes Still Pano

• First time posting on this forum !

I have been using krPano for a little while, for a project on behalf of a client. They specialize in spherical panos, and want to implement a multires feature. So I am looking to create a XML set that implements multires spherical panos. I'm aware that it is more efficient/better to do with cubical panos, but thats not what the client specializes in (for now)...

I have found a lot of examples with cubical multires still panos, and I have been able to reproduce samples by myself with great success, but I now need to progress to SPHERICAL still panos. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of difficulty doing so. Is Multires with Sphere types supported? It only seems working with flat type panos (hfov=1) ?

I have so far, working:

This was originally derived from the pertersplatz sample. I now need image.hfov=360 to make it spherical, but as soon as I change the hfov from 1 to something else, the pano stays black.

As a side note, I also wonder how the tiles at the polar points will be loaded; If you have a multires sphere pano with 1000 tiles on the horizontal axis, does that mean that all 1000 tiles will be downloaded when you view the polar points? And if theoretically yes, is this the reason why multires spherical panos are not supported (if it is not supported)?

Are there any examples out there with multires spherical still panos, that I could look at ?

Any help is much appreciated....

• Hi,

spherical multires panos are currently only supported in the Flash viewer.

That means make sure to use html5=never or flash=only in the html embedding settings for this case.

Here is an old multires sphere pano as example:
    https://krpano.com/krpano.html?pa….xml&flash=only

About the tiles and nadir - all required tiles for the CURRENT view will be loaded and at very depth zooms that could be quite a lot files, but typically there is not much content there in gigapixels panos.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Dear Klaus,

Thanks, this info and example will help tremendously ! I can solve my project onwards using this information.

In my project's specific case, the client had the entire project in
    flash, and now wants to fully steer towards html5+WebGl, for support of
    other devices without flash. Again, I am aware that cubical panos are better performance etc for multires panos. However, is it planned that support for multires spherical panos will be ported to Html/WebGl in the future?

What is the technical limiting feature, out of curiosity (if there is any)?

Thank you

Florian Mertens

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!