Spherical Videos with HighRes Spherical Frames

• Hello all,

My current krPano plays spherical videos using the Video plugin, without any problem.

I also have a folder with images, each representing one of the frames inside the spherical video. These images are very large (4K+ width).

The idea now is to play the video in krPano (no problems currently), and whenever the user pauses the video, a loading bar appears that is loading the spherical image corresponding to the current frame of the video. When the image is loaded, krPano should tween to the loaded highres image. It tweens back to the video whenever the play button is pressed.

This way, the video can display a low-res video even on small/slow devices, but still display a high-res image for closer zoom inspection.

I am a bit stuck at how to best implement this. Do I use two scenes (the video scene and a single frame scene and krPano switches between the scenes), do I use no scenes and just use image elements to display/hide?

Is there an example somewhere that is already implementing this idea?

Thank you so much,

Florian

• Hello all,

I have setup a XML file with two scenes, and the switching is fine now.

I need to determine which frame number I am currently at from the Video plugin. How do I do that?

I can find out the time (plugin[video].time), but I see nowhere a current frame number that I can use. I also thought of perhaps dividing the time by FPS of the Video, but I cant find the framerate attribute, if there is any? Am I missing something?

Anyone ?

Florian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!