Changing video source, not seamless

• Hi,

I've built an app that switches camera angles of sporting events.

I successfully created a pano with multiple sources, and when layers of the skin are clicked, the video source changes using playvideo(...). More specifically:

Code
    plugin[video].playvideo(get(vs.videourl), get(vs.posterurl), get(plugin[video].pausedonstart), get(plugin[video].time));

This works great, but the issue is that when the playvideo(...) is called, the current video is paused/stopped, one or two seconds go by, and then the next video plays.

Being this demo needs to seem like it it streaming a live streaming video event, it cannot have any delay when changing videos. Note, in my development, all files are local and not from a CDN or streaming network.

I created a video screengrab of the app working if needed, just let me know and I will put it online. But I hope I explained it OK.

Would using multiple videoplayer scenes work?

If I don't come up with a more seamless method of sharing one pano, my plan B is to have 3 panos on top of each other and toggle their visibility and pause/resume them seamlessly. Its not ideal or optimized, so that's why I'm requesting a better idea.

Thanks!
    -Joseph

Edited 2 times, last by BOX (June 29, 2016 at 9:29 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!