mp4 to webm converter?

• With the format of webm that's needed for 360video, please post any good program that converts from mp4 to webm and your assessment of the output quality if possible.

• PanoVideo Converter (free) It's based on ffmpeg. But no scripting. Simply make settings. It's produce .mp4 .webm .ogv from any source file in any combination.
    Or better - PanoVideo Creator. based on converter. It's also make posters, tour.xml, preview navigation and so on.

• Hi Klaus,

ffmpeg is great for the job but I'm getting lost in the commandline settings!

In the Pano Video Converter, on clicking convert, a command line window opens but closes immediately and nothing happens. I tried with all the possible settings.

Could kindly share the line to use to convert an mp4 1920x960 to 2 webm files one same size and second 1024x512 as you use in the panovideo examples?

Edited once, last by Islander (July 13, 2016 at 7:02 AM).

• Hi Islander!
    ffmpeg script generally will look like this:
    ffmpeg: input.mp4 output.webm
    But it is only the start of troubles. Because:
    1. you need to work with command line
    2. you need to write input and output path
    3. you need to prepare separatly each webm and mp4 files in different qualities
    4. additionally you need in posters - 2 qualities
    5.Perhaps you want to prepare audio for iphone
    6. No batch files. You need to prepare all sets of files for each video. It means repeat operations for each file
    Panovideo converter is free program and it takes care to do all this operations and provides you with wysiwyg interface.

• Are you really gonna advertise in every post about that panovideo converter?
    This is a forum not folder!
    Please!!

Tuur *thumbsup*

• In the Pano Video Converter, on clicking convert, a command line window opens but closes immediately and nothing happens. I tried with all the possible settings.

Hi Islander!
    as you have edited your post I can write you additional information This information from TourCreator may be useful for you, as well as for others.

Don't try to convert video from krpano examples version 1.19.4 and higher. This file is protect from convertation.

Of course we can remove protect information. But among other it will
    mean that anyone can download any video from net and create his own
    panovideo tour. We think that it is not the good approach.

So, try convert your own video or find on your computer archive file from version 1.18.5 or earlier and try it.

This video (part 2) demonstrate how you can convert video files with PanoVideo Converter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3myANAcKkg

• Hi Denis,
    I appreciate your help.
    I've freezed a video capture of the error appearing in the blink of a eye.

As you notice the error reads: no such file or directory. I think it has nothing to do with the file being locked. It's not the sample video; it's an equirectangular video that I could even upload as vr360 to youtube.

I would really like to use the PanoVideo Converter for its simplicity. Anyone experiencing this is welcome for comments.

• I've freezed a video capture of the error appearing in the blink of a eye.

Hi Islander!
    Great job. Not easy to get this picture.
    You are the first who report about troubles in converting formats with ffmpeg.
    There are few variants for this. Either file protected or it is corrupted.
    Please, give me your file. I can see what wrong with it.
    Best regards.

• Hi Islander!
    Thank you for help. There are was two problems:
    1. incorrect file name (white space between words)
    2. problem with audio converting (there are empty audio channel in your file with strange format)
    Now this bugs are fixed.
    You can download the new version of program from our site. http://www.tcreator.classic-ru.org/programs/videoconverter/

If somebody else have problems with file conversion, please, feel free to write us. We can help. It's better to do in the thread with PanoVideo Converter http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=66729#post66729</a>

• This might be a bit over-kill but here is the code we use to convert our mp4's into several versions for deployment. Not exactly what you want but it might have something useful in it. This is Python used in a Lambda deployment system, pulling media fam an S3 bucket.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!