Flying hotspot doesn't stay centered in architecural view

• Hi Klaus,

This problem continues with v1.19.10 and it is a real pain. For instance, if I want a hotspot aligned to the top of the screen, such as a title, I can't make it stay put if view.architectural isn't 0. It moves off screen or down into image as you tilt down or up. Is this really the behavior you want? If yes, what is the workaround?

I need for scene titles to appear locked to the top of the screen in VR mode so it has to be a hotspot.

• Hi,

no, that's not the intended behavior of course.

After some trying now, I was able to find the correct mathematical solution - that means in the next flying hotspots should work in architectural projections.

But - btw - 'architectural view and VR' - that doesn't work together?
    The VR view would be (and needs to be) always the view of the user (and his headset) and the architectural projection can't be used there.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• The VR view would be (and needs to be) always the view of the user (and his headset) and the architectural projection can't be used there.

Sure. I apologize for shortcutting my previous explanation.

I want to use a hotspot for my title at top of the stage so it appears in VR mode. Rather than juggling a layer title for non-VR and a hotspot title for VR it is much easier to just use a hotspot text field across the board. When going into VR mode architectural view seems to be automatically switched off so no title problem there. But sometimes I want to be in architectural view in non-VR mode and that is where the moving hotspot causes lots o problems.

BTW, flying="1" and scaleflying="false", which you doubtless knew.

Soooo, really glad you found a solution and look forward to the patched release!

So much nicer working with you than, say, Microsoft or Adobe!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!