Features Requests for thumbnails plugin

• shanti !!!! great news!

i would like to see the ability to control the thumbnail alpha. i dont like it when they get so faded out can barley see them. i change the initial alpha setting but it doesnt seem to change much.

also i would like to see that when panning all the way to the right that the scrolling stops when the last icon is at the right hand side. right now the icon on the far right is allowed to scroll all the way across and stop on the left side.

thats it for now. i use your plunig alot ill think some more. I appreciate your time and efforts in this.

• OK Shanti!!

well, i really appreciate your input.... does it works vertically already?? *confused* didn't tried that.

maybe an extra mask on top so that it moves and runs parallel with the one down under..?

Gonna sleep on this one

Tuur *thumbsup*

• A great many thanks Shanti, I am a very grateful user of your thumbnail plugin, and well.... I am currently trying to find out how I can make the text appear the same as the onhover text from the rest of my virtual tour.

Would it be possible to set the text style as normal,

like this

<textstyle name="infostyle" font="Arial" fontsize="14" yoffset="40" border="false"
    background="true" backgroundcolor="0xffffff" textcolor="0x000000" effect="glow(0x000000,1.0,10,1);" />

and apply it to the onhover text of the thumbnails ? or alternatively more options for text styling so it could be made to look the same.

I am about crawl through the many posts on the thumbnail plugin, looking for this, and apologise if its already there, and please give me a nod in the right direction if you know a solution.

Keep up the great work, many thanks,

tom

• I haven't used your plugin but here is my wish list.

I am a graphic person & would suggest the following.

1. at present the thumbnail presentation is too crude (whatever samples tours I have seen)
    2. we should be able to position thumbnails on all 4 sides horizontal/vertical scrollable when more thumbnails
    3. alpha transparency in thumbnails along wih thin border line around thumbs (color user selectable)
    4. fade in/ fade out effects on click when not in use or after 10 sec (user selectable)
    5. should be able to choose dimension for thumbnails so I may want to have square thumbnails
    6. zoomable thumbnails as per the screen size a minimized tour running in a web page would cover 5% of the bottom the same ratio should be maintained on full screen too.
    7. text over thumbnails, onhover it increases the font size or the size of thumbnail increases so its readable.
    8. thumbnail background should be transparent or user selectable color.

As of this comes to my mind.
    Thanks for asking for the feedback.

• 5, this is implemented already
    6, so is this
    7, If I understand correctly, so is this
    8, the background IS transparent already

all the other points are good, I will consider them all :)

tommo77funk text styles are not yet implemented but on my TODO list :)
    and thanks for all the other suggestions

• Well, this is not awaited feature, but...

I actually made corrections to the source and feeding XML already; so four of Flash filters (Blur, Bevel, DropShadow and Glow) can be applied to thumbs and "about" textbox as well. But I'd like to re-organize XML structure to meet the next behavior-dependent model:
    <infoBoxOptions>
    ....[filters, color, alpha, bold/italic and so on]....
    </infoBoxOptions>
    <thumbActive>
    ....[filters, width/height, xDelta/yDelta and so on]....
    </thumbActive>
    <thumbRollOver>
    </thumbRollOver>
    <thumbRollOut>
    </thumbRollOut>
    This model seemes to be more customizable, IMHO.

Edited 3 times, last by ObZhora (February 1, 2010 at 8:05 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!