• This probably has been discussed but I'm having a few issues running KrPano through a Webvr enabled browser using Oculus headset.

My Setup:

Windows7
    Krpano 1.19pr5
    Latest FireFox Nightly
    Latest Chromium Build
    (Webvr enabled)

I have tried various Oculus SDK's, and various Chromium and Firefox Nightly versions, but have not been able to access the VR through the Oculus headset. Has anyone have a stable setup that works with Krpano?

I have attached my Files, maybe this may help figure things out?

Cookies to whoever can help.

Great appreciated.

• Update:

I added in my tour.xml these line of code at the top:

<!-- webvr.xml - WebVR plugin, enter/exit VR buttons, VR cursor, VR setup -->
    <include url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/webvr.xml" />

<!-- add/overwrite some settings from the webvr.xml for this example -->
    <plugin name="WebVR" mobilevr_fake_support="true" /> <!-- enable the FAKE VR support to allow testing also on desktop and tablets without VR support -->

When I boot up my tour.html in FireFox nightly(webvr enabled), using the latest Oculus Consumer runtime/sdk, the Oculus goes from the Home menu, to attempting to load it. But, hangs on the Oculus loading Screen.

Any thoughts? Seems like I'm getting progress, if the Oculus is now responding to it.

To mention, when the tour is being runned on the desktop, and the VR icon is clicked to go to Fullscreen VR mode, the VR screen on the desktop browser is now black, when before, it showed up. Figured I mention that.

• Hi,

basically just use:
    - latest Chromium WebVR build
    - or latest Firefox Nightly
    and enable the VR support (manually) in both browsers.

Additionally also the latest Oculus Rift runtime or SteamVR (for the HTC-Vive) versions should be installed.

For Oculus also enable the 'Unknown Sources' in the Oculus settings.

Then it should work...

Btw - the black fullscreen in Firefox-Nightly is normal - that's a Firefox bug or respectively still-in-progress-developement there. Beside of this the VR support should work fine.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

The current machine that I was testing on was using a Gtx580. Yes, old card but still good. Couldn't get it to work.

Testing KRpano/Oculus Rift/Firefox Nightly, all with the same software setup on a 2nd machine using a GTX980, everything you listed above worked without error or any hassle.

I'm still testing on the old machine, but my theory might point to hardware.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!