Issue: Arrows with text not displaying in VR mode.

• Link:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24414656/Tes…om_V2/tour.html

Hello!

I am having a small problem. When entering VR mode the arrows (with text) disappear. To get the text displaying i used the code linked from

here: tooltips hotspots to display text all time

Is there something i can do to make the arrows with text still visible while in VR mode.

I am sorry if this is a basic question, I am an artist and surrounded by artists only, we do not have a programmer.

We will be buying the full version if we can get this working.

Thanks for your time.
    Jamie

Here are the changes I made inside the vtourskin.xml

OLD working code without text

<!-- skin_hotspotstyle - style for the hotspots -->
    <style name="skin_hotspotstyle" url="vtourskin_hotspot.png" scale="0.5" edge="top" distorted="true"
    tooltip=""
    linkedscene=""
    linkedscene_lookat=""
    onclick="skin_hotspotstyle_click();"
    onover="tween(scale,0.55);"
    onout="tween(scale,0.5);"
    onloaded="if(linkedscene AND skin_settings.tooltips_hotspots, copy(tooltip,scene[get(linkedscene)].title); loadstyle(skin_tooltips); );"
    />

NEW not working (in VR mode) code with text

<style name="skin_hotspotstyle" url="vtourskin_hotspot.png" scale="0.5" edge="top" oy="0" distorted="false"
    tooltip=""
    onclick="if(linkedscene, skin_hidetooltips(); tween(scale,0.25,0.5); tween(oy,-20,0.5); tween(alpha,0,0.5); looktohotspot(); loadscene(get(linkedscene),null,MERGE,BLEND(1)); skin_updatescroll(); );"
    onloaded="add_all_the_time_tooltip();"
    />

<action name="add_all_the_time_tooltip">
    txtadd(tooltipname, 'tooltip_', get(name));
    addplugin(get(tooltipname));
    txtadd(plugin[get(tooltipname)].parent, 'hotspot[', get(name), ']');
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].url,'%SWFPATH%/plugins/textfield.swf');
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].align,top);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].edge,bottom);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].x,0);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].y,0);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].width,200);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].autoheight,true);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].background,false);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].border,false);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].css,'text-align:center; color:#FFFFFF; font-family:Arial; font-weight:bold; font-size:16px;');
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].textshadow,1);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].textshadowrange,6.0);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].textshadowangle,90);
    copy(plugin[get(tooltipname)].html,scene[get(linkedscene)].title);
    set(plugin[get(tooltipname)].enabled,false);
    </action>

• Hi,

in WebVR mode (or when enabling stereo-rendering) only WebGL-content can be shown,

and at the moment only the pano itself and non-layered image- and video-hotspots are rendered from krpano by WebGL, other hotspots and layer elements are rendered by HTML+CSS3D.

That means the only solution at the moment would be using a hotspot image that includes the text already.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the info.

So i would be best making several different .PNG options with different text under an arrow.

I will be having up to 10 different PANOs in one tour. Will this be easy/time consuming to do? Which part of the code dictates which .png hotspot that's shown? Can i use mulitple differnt .pngs overlayed on one PANO?

Thanks for your time.

Jamie

• in WebVR mode (or when enabling stereo-rendering) only WebGL-content can be shown,

and at the moment only the pano itself and non-layered image- and video-hotspots are rendered from krpano by WebGL, other hotspots and layer elements are rendered by HTML+CSS3D

Just curious, does this imply that tooltip rendering into the VR view might be available in upcoming releases? Is there a list of planned feature that we can peruse? I did a quick search and didn't find anything obvious.

Thanks,

John

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!