Program a 'second tap' action for touch devices?

• I have a pano of a room with furniture in. I am using polygon hotspots, so that (on a PC browser) when you hover over an item a short description appears, a mouse tap (onclick) then opens a new browser tab and display the full item details from an online catalogue.

All works fine, where I am struggling is with touch devices, obviously there is no concept of 'hovering' so on a touch device I display the short description when you touch the item and I update another hotspot at the bottom of the screen with the external link. So basically this bottom hotspot always has a link to the catalogue for the last item touched.

Again this works 'OK' but it's not so intuitive as the PC version.

Is there a way of displaying the text for the polygon hotspot after a first tap and then a second tap does the openurl?

• not having the time for a detailed solution,
    but you must change the onclick actions of your hotspots.

there must be some counter, any a timeout to reset the counter to 0 if there is no second click.
    or you must clear the tooltip when the user clicks on another hotspot.

see: vtourskin.xml
    style : skin_hotspotstyle
    action: skin_hotspotstyle_onclick()

• Hi Wolfgang

Just tried http://bode360.smb.museum on my ipad, yes this is what I am looking for whereby a short tap brings up a description and a longer tap fires another action.

I am doing this for an online store where the products are placed around a room, so a short tap would display a short description, for example "Dining Table with 4 chairs" and a longer tap would then do an openurl action and open a new browser tab to the store's online catalog.

If you can extract the code it would be much appreciated.

cheers
    Tim *thumbsup*

• here it is:
    Onclick, onover, ondown, ... are defined in "meta_hotspot_style". The variable "tooltip" here is an attribute of my hotspot that holds the text to be displayed as tooltip, f.i. hotspot[h12].tooltip. Explanations are at the end.

On touch devices a delayedcall() calls after 0.5 sec the action "tooltip_ondown()", which shows the tooltip with an offset of 40 px.
    The corresponding onup() stops the delayedcall. The problem is: the onup() starts also the onclick() action which should do nothing in this case.
    To handle this a variable is set to true in ondown (here "settings.tt_touch"), which is questioned in the onclick action and set to false. If the variable is true onclick does nothing else.

I hope this helps.

Wolfgang

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!