You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 7th 2016, 10:10am

3DStudio camera height in rendered 360 images

Hi,

We use Krpano to create virtual tours in unbuilt apartments using 3DStudio MAX. When rendering we are struggling a bit with finding a nice camera height - we have used 120cm so far, but in VR it feels a bit low. We did some testing with 140 and 160, but due to the field of view in VR, it feels rather high - or at leas, the distance from my eyes down to close objects feel way too long.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what would be the perfect height to set a camera to get a realistic view in VR ? On regular screens adjusting the maxfov works quite well to combat this feeling.

Wednesday, September 7th 2016, 5:52pm

For me it depends on the mood you are going for.... I never go above 152cm because then it starts to become unrealistic. 130cm to 140cm is great - it creates a more intimate feel and also gives you a nice array of objects right in your field of vision for the 3D stereoscopic effect.

Also, are you using V-Ray?

Thursday, September 8th 2016, 8:46am

For me it depends on the mood you are going for.... I never go above 152cm because then it starts to become unrealistic. 130cm to 140cm is great - it creates a more intimate feel and also gives you a nice array of objects right in your field of vision for the 3D stereoscopic effect.

Also, are you using V-Ray?
Thanks for the input - we went with 140mm this time - so we'll see how that works out - yes, we use V-Ray. You can see one we did at 120mm here: http://www.oxivisuals.no/clients/selvaag…nporten/vr-146/

Friday, September 9th 2016, 12:05am

You guys do outstanding work. Incredible.

Friday, September 9th 2016, 8:06am

Thanks for the input - we went with 140mm this time - so we'll see how that works out - yes, we use V-Ray. You can see one we did at 120mm here: http://www.oxivisuals.no/clients/selvaag…nporten/vr-146/

outstanding renderings... can i ask what vray settings did you use to render this?
IR/LC? BR/LC?
at what resolution did u render,
and what rendertime you have with these?

best, index

ps. very nice "about" page on your website :):)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "indexofrefraction" (Sep 9th 2016, 8:17am)

Friday, September 9th 2016, 11:04am

You guys do outstanding work. Incredible.
Thanks - that's much appreciated!

Friday, September 9th 2016, 11:10am

outstanding renderings... can i ask what vray settings did you use to render this?
IR/LC? BR/LC?
at what resolution did u render,
and what rendertime you have with these?

best, index

ps. very nice "about" page on your website :):)
Thanks!

We rendered at 8000x4000 pixels, not sure about the rendertime, but 8-10 hours per frame or so...we use IR/LC.

Friday, September 9th 2016, 5:01pm

nice
they are very crisp.. i thought it was maybe br/lc

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 9:09pm

Great interior tour. You don't appear to have any distortion on the camera. What focal length did you use for each render? 35mm?