krpano 1.19-pr7 with iOS 10 support

• Hello!

Thank you very much for new support!

After updating to this version, I got an issue as described the picture that I am attaching.

It is fine in Macbook Pro(core i7), but problem in lower CPU (MacbookPro core i5).
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mudin

• Don't blacklist the CSS3D support for Chrome (Chrome 50 and higher) anymore. Older Chrome version had buggy CSS3D support, but the newer ones seems to be okay. So it's possible to fall back to CSS3D rendering when WebGL isn't available in Chrome (e.g. because of blacklisted GPU drivers).

Hi,

I've got a situation in Chrome (53.0.2785.116 (64-bit) on macOS) where WebGL isn't working for some reason and it is now falling back to CSS3D support but I get the following error:

Code
    INFO: krpano 1.19-pr7 (build 2016-09-09) INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Chrome 53.0 - CSS3D ERROR: Sorry, but panoramic videos are not supported by your current browser!

It seems the fallback to Flash no longer works either? (it did previously).

• Hallo Klaus,

zunächst vielen Dank für die neue Version, auf dem iPhone 7 Plus kann ich die Panos nicht als Vollbild (Querformat) darstellen, das ist bei VR natürlich sehr schlecht, beim iPhone 6s Plus klappt das noch einwandfrei, allerdings mit iOS 9

https://vr-brillentest.web-design-opelt.de/ hier habe ich die pre7 im Einsatz, klappt trotzdem nicht :(

VG Matthias

• Hello Klaus,

There is a bug with the zorder attribute when textfield is used in a hotspot.

Check the following test:
    119-pr7-zorder-bug
    XML file

The blue square is a textfield hotspot with zorder set to 10.
    The yellow square is a regular hotspot with zorder set as 20.
    The pink square is a regular hotspot with zorder set as 30.

You can click on each item to get its respective zorder value.

The blue square should be at the very bottom, but it's not.

The zorder works fine when I use the version 1.19-pr3, but all the following versions seems affected.

Cheers,

Rafael

• Yesterday i have update at MAC OS SIERRA, today i have deleted the old krpano 1.18 and i have installed the new release 1.19 pr7
    I have downloaded the DMG and extract the folder; but when i launch for example the krpanotools i get the error showed in the screenshot

The files in the private folder don't exist
    What i need?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von abmcr (22. September 2016 um 18:34)

• After updating to this version, I got an issue as described the picture that I am attaching.

It is fine in Macbook Pro(core i7), but problem in lower CPU (MacbookPro core i5).
    Thanks in advance.

That's the buggy CSS3D software rendering of Chrome.

That means Chrome can't use the GPU hardware of your system and renders the 3d graphics with its buggy CSS3D software renderer.
    Unfortunately it's not possible to detect that case to show an error that your system/browser combination wouldn't be supported...

To avoid such case you could force required webgl support via html5=only+webgl in html file - then you will get an error message.
    Or manually disable the GPU blacklisting in Chrome via chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist.

• I've got a situation in Chrome (53.0.2785.116 (64-bit) on macOS) where WebGL isn't working for some reason and it is now falling back to CSS3D support but I get the following error:

Panoramic videos isn't possible with CSS3D, WebGL or Flash are required.

It seems the fallback to Flash no longer works either? (it did previously).

It should work of course!

What html5 embedding setting are you using?
    E.g. for panoramic video use html5=prefer+webgl .

• zunächst vielen Dank für die neue Version, auf dem iPhone 7 Plus kann ich die Panos nicht als Vollbild (Querformat) darstellen, das ist bei VR natürlich sehr schlecht, beim iPhone 6s Plus klappt das noch einwandfrei, allerdings mit iOS 9

Sorry, aber kein 'plus' iPhone (6+, 6s+, 7+) kann im Querformat automatisch in den Vollbild schalten im 'Standard Anzeigezoom' Modus. Das funktioniert nur im 'Vergrößert' Modus (siehe in den iPhone Einstellungen - Anzeige & Helligkeit - Anzeigezoom).

• Yesterday i have update at MAC OS SIERRA, today i have deleted the old krpano 1.18 and i have installed the new release 1.19 pr7
    I have downloaded the DMG and extract the folder; but when i launch for example the krpanotools i get the error showed in the screenshot

What i need?

That's due the new 'Gatekeeper Path Randomization' in Mac OS Sierra. With this the GUI tools and the droplets can't find the krpanotools executable anymore. It would be in the same folder, but the systems hides that folder.

For more details see here:
    http://mjtsai.com/blog/2016/06/1…-randomization/

Additionally the current code-signing seems to be partially broken or incompatible with Sierra (currently I'm trying to build the krpano tools backward-compatible down to OSX 10.6, but as it seems that makes some problems).

I'm already researching here of course and looking for ways to make krpano compatible to Mac OS Sierra. Once ready there will be a new version of course.

What's possible at the moment is to use the krpano tools from command line - they work, only the GUI tools and droplets have problems.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• That's the buggy CSS3D software rendering of Chrome.

That means Chrome can't use the GPU hardware of your system and renders the 3d graphics with its buggy CSS3D software renderer.
    Unfortunately it's not possible to detect that case to show an error that your system/browser combination wouldn't be supported...

To avoid such case you could force required webgl support via html5=only+webgl in html file - then you will get an error message.
    Or manually disable the GPU blacklisting in Chrome via chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist.

Thank you for answering!

Then it was because I updated Chrome, not krpano.

I will wait new chrome update I guess.

Mudin

• Hi,
    I have just updated my KRPano by downloading the 1.19-pr7 version.
    Can you tell me why the MAKE VTOUR ( MULTIRES) droplet produces the VT that is made with the last equirectangular only and overwrite all other panos.
    It happens with TIF equirectangulars (originals); with JPG everythink is OK.
    Best regards,
    Hubert

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hub (24. September 2016 um 11:25)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!