You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 7:18pm

Side-by-Side Presentation format for Passive 3D TVs and 3D projectors

I'm wondering if it were possible to actually create a webvr in which the left eye and right eye images were squeezed for side-by-side viewing format on a passive 3D TV?

There would have to be a way to specify that the original left and right panos would need to be 1920x1080 before they were squeezed...

In this way we could get a fantastic HD webvr 3D experience going on a very large screen for clients!

I've been able to successfully view my webvr 3D pano on a 3DTV but, of course, you need to place the TV in 4:3 viewing mode in order to get the correct presentation aspect.

This old thread discussed the issue a bit, but I've seen nothing since and the latest build has no scripts to support..

krpano HTML5 Multiresolution Preview

*g*

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 4:43pm

Gotta give this a bump because the notion of presenting a virtual tour on a large 3D TV in 16:9 is just too awesome to ignore, LOL.

Thursday, September 15th 2016, 10:21am

Hi,

WebVR and 3DTV are two different things!

See here the old stereo3d examples:
http://krpano.com/stereo3d/

Click the '3D side by side' icon on the examples.

There two viewers, side by side embedded, horizontally scaled down by CSS3D transforms and with synchronized moving by JS are used.

Best regards,
Klaus

Thursday, September 15th 2016, 3:57pm

Klaus, that's fantastic! Is this no longer supported in the latest build? I don't see any CSS3D transform / sync js examples. Would absolutely love to still be able to do this... *w00t*

Thursday, September 15th 2016, 9:11pm

This is still 'supported' / possible of course.

That's not a feature of the viewer itself, that's a kind of usage or 'how-to-use-krpano' feature...

That means you would be still able to do that - e.g. have a look at html and xml sources of the online examples.

Best regards,
Klaus

Friday, September 16th 2016, 1:14am

Haha! Yes I forgot that CTRL + U was my friend in Chrome!

Okay, I'm using the Indian Temple example as my guide.

When I use a standard url it loads the images in both the left and right panos on the screen, but of course they are both from the left eye folder.

<image>
<cube url="panos/panos.left/01.tiles/pano_%s.jpg"/>
</image>

However, when I try and use the url from the stereo example, nothing loads:

<cube url="%$panopath%/01.tiles/pano_%s.jpg"/>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "landrvr1" (Sep 16th 2016, 5:35am)

spacerywirtualne

Professional

Friday, September 16th 2016, 8:52am

panopath
You need defined this variable in you html index page by initvars

Piotr
Your own online, cloud tool for creating virtual tours - www.cms4vr.com

facebook page :: youtube

cms4vr team *thumbsup*

Friday, September 16th 2016, 4:02pm

Hey Piotr, here's the structure of what I have now:

HTML
The panopath is being defined here:

Source code

var panobasepath = "panos";
// embed the krpano viewers
embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoLeftEyeViewer", target:"krpanoLeftEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"left", panopath:(panobasepath+".left")}, passQueryParameters:true, onready:fullscreensetup});
embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoRightEyeViewer", target:"krpanoRightEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"right", panopath:(panobasepath+".right")}, passQueryParameters:true});

sbs3d.xml
The sgs3d.xml is then including the tour.xml

tour.xml
In the tour.xml I then have this code:

Source code

<scene name="scene_01" title="01" thumburl="panos/panos.left/01.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">
<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0"/>
<preview url="panos/panos.left/01.tiles/preview.jpg"/>

<image>
<cube url="%$panopath%/01.tiles/pano_%s.jpg"/>
</image>

<hotspot name="spot2" style="skin_hotspotstyle_black" ath="-165.457" atv="0.111" preload="true" linkedscene="scene_pano2_l" />
 <hotspot name="spot3" style="skin_hotspotstyle_lobby_black" ath="20.931" atv="82.430" preload="true" linkedscene="scene_panolobby_l" />

</scene>

</krpano>

Panos Folder Structure
Here's what my panos folder structure looks like:

panos/panos.left/01.tiles/pano_b.jpg etc etc
panos/panos.right/01.tiles/pano_b.jpg etc etc

spacerywirtualne

Professional

Friday, September 16th 2016, 4:52pm

Hi

try use initvars NOT vars

vars:{...} != initvars:{...} *cool*

Klaus write:

• This is basically the same as the vars setting, but these variables will be set BEFOREthe xml file wil be loaded and parsed.

Source code

//embed the krpano viewers  
embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoLeftEyeViewer", target:"krpanoLeftEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"left"}, initvars:{panopath:panobasepath+".left"}, passQueryParameters:true, onready:fullscreensetup});
embedpano({html5:"only+webgl", id:"krpanoRightEyeViewer", target:"krpanoRightEyeDiv", xml:"sbs3d.xml", vars:{side:"right"}, initvars:{panopath:panobasepath+".right"}, passQueryParameters:true});

try it

Piotr
Your own online, cloud tool for creating virtual tours - www.cms4vr.com

facebook page :: youtube

cms4vr team *thumbsup*

Friday, September 16th 2016, 5:19pm

I'm afraid that didn't work. *sad*

Friday, September 16th 2016, 5:48pm

Okay, I think I figured it out. I was thinking all along that I needed a 'panos' folder and then within that folder I would have my 'panos.left' and 'panos.right'

But then I again looked at the panobasepath:

and realized that when it's being called by (panobasepath+".left"), there's no accounting for the base 'panos' folder!

Once I changed it to var panobasepath = "panos/panos"; , and also added the panos/ to the thumb url, it all worked. *thumbsup*

Piotr, I also used you new initvars and that works great as well. Tnx!

Friday, September 16th 2016, 5:58pm

The issue now is that hotspots do not work. Even in the source example, they don't do anything...!????

http://krpano.com/stereo3d/indiantemple/sbs3d.html

Any thoughts here?

Monday, September 19th 2016, 12:03pm

Hi,

add renderer="css3d" to the hotspots.

This is because the mouse coordinate tracking (used in the webgl hotspot rendering for the hit-testing) is based on window coordinates and not on the css-transformed(scaled) coordinates of the viewer layers. I will try to improve that.

Best regards,
Klaus

Monday, September 19th 2016, 3:59pm

Thanks Klaus!