Virtual Tour Editor - FATAL ERROR (Solved)

• Unfortunately, with the latest update of Firefox (55.0.3) and Adobe Flash to 26.0.0.151 again appeared the "Adobe Flashplayer required!"
    But now it does not help to make all the permissions for the Adobe player as described above.
    Yes, the technology is dying, but it was very convenient to use the tour editor!
    Maybe there is some solution? Nothing that was before - does not help ....
    Sometimes earlier, when I ran the test server from the folder that Krpano was generating, I had a page in the browser where I could select the file to include. Now immediately opens the tour. Can I open folder with files in browser first, and from them I want to select viewer - not through test server?

• Hi,

Unfortunately, with the latest update of Firefox (55.0.3) and Adobe Flash to 26.0.0.151 again appeared the "Adobe Flashplayer required!"

Since the latest Firefox update the Flashplayer is blocked on file:// urls. But by opening the tour_editor.html via a localhost server (krpano testing serves) should still work. In Chrome the using via the testing server would also work when enabling Flash and adding the testing server IP-address once in the Chrome content settings (here: chrome://settings/content/flash).

Sometimes earlier, when I ran the test server from the folder that Krpano was generating, I had a page in the browser where I could select the file to include. Now immediately opens the tour. Can I open folder with files in browser first, and from them I want to select viewer - not through test server?

Only the reduced 'tour_testingserver' opens the current folder and there the tour.html directly, the normal 'krpano Testing Server' doesn't open tour.html files by default automatically, there you can browse and manually open the files. Alternatively you can still anytime just enter 'tour_editor.html' in the browser url-bar.

Btw - about the problem itself:
    In the next krpano release the tour editor will be integrated into the 'krpano Tools' application and be independent of the Flashplayer or Browser restrictions.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• First step it works. But I tryed the second and I cannot chose a folder. I did: Edit location/Add location/Browse for folder/ and when I browse, it doesn't let me chose a folder, only a file. The "Open" tab is active until I chose a file, not a folder. It is something I do wrong?

• Edit location/Add location/Browse for folder/ and when I browse, it doesn't let me chose a folder, only a file.

Right, that's a bug of the Flashplayer security setting editor. The path would need to entered directly/manually, choosing via dialog doesn't work.

But I would recommend better using the testing server - or even better the new tour editor that works without Flash:
    krpano 1.19-pr13

• Right, that's a bug of the Flashplayer security setting editor. The path would need to entered directly/manually, choosing via dialog doesn't work.

But I would recommend better using the testing server - or even better the new tour editor that works without Flash:
    krpano 1.19-pr13

Hello Kraus,

My tour_testingserver works perfectly on my desktop (windows).

However, when I sent the package to a client with a Mac computer (I don´t know the version), she couldn´t open the tour_testingserver_macos.
    I have made the Tour with the krpano 1.19-pr16, so it should be working, right?

On the other hand, I don´t mind sending the client the Tour Editor, for her to use it instead of the tour testingserver. However it doesn´t allow to fullscreen the tour, which is a pity.

Can you help?

Thanks

• Hi,

However, when I sent the package to a client with a Mac computer (I don´t know the version), she couldn´t open the tour_testingserver_macos.

How do you send the files?
    Maybe the tour_testingserver_macos file doesn't have executable permissions anymore...?

On the other hand, I don´t mind sending the client the Tour Editor, for her to use it instead of the tour testingserver. However it doesn´t allow to fullscreen the tour, which is a pity.

The Tour Editor will not work without demo-logo without license. Btw - why shouldn't the fullscreen mode work? (it does)

Maybe have also a look here for sending a client an easy to use tour:
    Offline exe for client (without server)

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!